bought my first beverage machine. Is it OK to hual it laying down?

Only if you remove the compressor deck. It takes about 10 minutes to do this - usually there are just 2 bolts that holds it down (make sure you mark any wiring connections so you can replace it properly). It's like a refrigerator - if you lay it on its side you'll foul up the compressor. I'm not a refrigeration expert but is has something to do with the internal lubrication. That's why you always see refrigerators upright in the back of pick-ups. There's nothing else you can damage unless you drop it.

I agree that its ok to transport on its back. I've done this before as well with no problems. However, any thing you can do, such as the steps above, to minimize any potential damages would probably be preferable.

HI,

Just curious BUT if you take the refrigeration deck out wouldn't you somehow lose freon and have to get it recharged somehow?

FWIW - I've always heard if you lay a fridge or drink machine down you have to let it sit up right for 24 hours before plugging it in.

Personally, I've always transported things upright to (hopefully) avoid problems to start with (As a side note, we did drop / lay over a soda machine one time....Man, I thought we'd never get it back upright....It was HEAVY!!!!

Andrew

No, It's all self contained. The main deck is attached with two bolts on the bottom and the evaporator that it's attached to sits behind the vend chute and is held in by 2 or 4 screws. There are also a couple of power connections on the left side. If you have one go bad, all you do is pull it out (10 minutes) and take it to your local repair place.

It will not hurt the machine to lay it down for a short period as long as you wait at least minimum of 24 hours to hook it back up. What I would worry about hauling it 300 miles is the refrigeration lines becoming stressed somehow and cause a freon leak. So in that case you may want to remove the refrigeration deck. It will come out as a complete unit, no refrigeration lines need to be loosened.

Looks like a Dixie Narco so there will be ( 2) 9/16th bolts on either side of the deck or in front of the deck that need to be removed. There maybe more screws holding the deck in place located on either side of and behind the condenser. (Black grill looking thing you see when you open the door and look at the compressor unit) Remove 2 screws at the bottom of slide tray. Remove tray. On the right side of machine you will see refrigeration lines coming from the compressor unit on bottom to the evaporator. ( rectangular aluminum fin part that looks like a long rectangular aluminum radiator). At the point that they go from bottom unit to top unit you will find a sort of clip that holds these lines in place. You will find a lot of refrigeration putty around these lines. Flip that clip off. On either side of The evaporator (aluminum fin piece of metal ) remove the 4 screws. On top of the evaporator on the right and left you should see 2 clips that you need to remove so you can lift off the Evaporator cover. Remove the cover. Your refrigeration unit is free. On left lower portion the machine you will see a plug plugged in a electrical receptacle . Unplug it. It is the power cord to the compressor unit. Grab the deck and slowly pull out and work the unit out under the electrical lines. (You may want to unplug them to begin with). They go to the Evaporator fan . You also might want to remove the wires off the back of the thermostat located to the right of where the refrigeration lines enter the evaporator area. Reverse procedures to put back in. I think that covers the main steps you need to remove the refrigeration deck. Good luck.

Hi Kennedyvalley

Did that one come out of New Orleans?

Looks like a good buy if so!

Hello CajunCandy, Don't tell anyone, but yes this machine is in New Orleans. I'm near Dothan Alabama and thought it would be a nice drive and was priced right at $295. I don't know what model is it but it is made by Dixie Narco.

Thanks

William

Archived