Chinese Buffet

mainor5251

Tried placing a machine in a large chinese buffet yesterday. This buffet has been at its current location for about 3 years and seems to do decent business. Theres no vending of any type currently. When I was showing her some machine options she asked about a crane. Not having one I kinda avoided it and went back to telling her about the toys and tats. She didn't seem very interested and wanted to hear more about a crane. I explained to her the machines are very expensive and would first like to make sure the location warrents that kind of equipment by testing bulk sales first. Theres a little communication barrier so its not easy tring to convey this. Going back next week to talk again when there not so busy. So my question is should I keep pushing for bulk equipment or just wait a couple months till i can afford a crane and hope and pray this loc can support it? Keep it mind I currently do not have any experience with cranes and very, very little knowledge of fixing electrical componets should problems arise.

Even a slow crane account will do 100-150 a month. I think I would try to place the bulk rack and tell them that you are going to order a crane and that it will be coming from over sea's and may take up to a month to arrive.

I think the biggest thing that you want to avoid is potentially loosing a nice location to a competitor which may happen if you don't get any equipment in there for 2 months.

It's important to get atleast a rack in there ASAP. Because it seems that you have them interested in vending now and some of these places will get operators in there weekly trying to place machines and you don't want the next guy to get it. You can play the I need to order one card heck I have even done that. But if something happens and it falls through they may loose trust in you. I have a few cranes and a light house in a storage unit not far from you if you wanted to do a partnership deal til you can get one

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

My one and only rack (presently) is at a Chinese buffet. I just replaced the equipment (all the coin mechs were broken and worked only intermittently and two globes were busted), but even with the damaged equipment I was still pulling in $200/wk in quarters. Hoping the new 9-head rack improves that a bit.

gonna try to place a rack here today and let them know if the rack works out I'll get them a crane. I have my concerns about working on them but since my father in law is an electrician whos retiring next year he will want something to do so he doesnt go stir crazy so I can tap his expertise for repairs. also think I can secure the busiest mexican restaurant in town with a crane, after talking to the managers nephew. They operate there own spiral but manager's nephew said his uncle wanted a crane but thought they were too expensive.

got a shipment of 5 cranes coming in next week, high quality lightly used, $800 includes 2 coin mechs, mars/ICT validator can be added for extra $

send me a pic when they come in please

Nice! You should get 2" in there. The 2" at my buffet does 60% of the sales.

Got plenty of room there will probably upgrade to a 9 way if it does what I expect it to do

Archived