New member in Ohio

Bethses

I am new to vending, and am interested in bulk, specifically u turn machines. I am about to buy 10 to 20 u ut turn eliminators and terminators for $140 to $160 each used. Is that a good deal? Should I use a locator? Thanks Beth

Welcome Beth! Uturns have a place in this business. In my opinion, that place is a dumpster but others here have positive things to say about them. Please make sure you read the various threads about them before you make your purchase. Id hate to see you spend more money for a used machine than it would cost you to buy a better quality new machine.

Here is one thread I've pulled for you. I know there are several others...

http://www.vendiscuss.net/index.php?/topic/13854-U-Turn-Bulk-Vending-Machines---Pros-and-Cons

I am new to vending, and am interested in bulk, specifically u turn machines. I am about to buy 10 to 20 u ut turn eliminators and terminators for $140 to $160 each used. Is that a good deal? Should I use a locator? Thanks Beth

Welcome to TVF. I'd suggest doing some research on Uturns in the bulk section. You will not find many positive things said about them.

Yikes, upturns don't sound good, so glad I joined this group before buying them, what machine would take up a small amount of floor space, offer 4 or more products, be easy to service and built to last? Thanks Beth

I thought 4 products would be a good number to offer a selection. A salesman from uturn (sorry my iPad changes that name of machine to all kinds of things) was selling me on the 8 selections, I feel like that is too many selections after reading some threads on here. I wanted to place the machines in some break rooms, so I want to take up minimal space and offer more selections. I am brand new at this, haven't even bought any machines, I just recently switched my plan from snack and beverage to bulk, I felt like it would be a lower start up cost, less time servicing, less inventory to work with, and hopefully a better return on investment (just a little history). I am a stay at home mom wanting to work for myself :)

Well you are certainly on the right track. I would rethink the 4 selection machine though. You will most likely end up with the same profit and more waste with 4 selections vs 3 or even 2.

Your theory of more selections = more money is a common one among new vendors. It seems like common sense that if 2 is good then 4 must be twice as good. Unfortunately that is not the case in vending.

Much has been posted about this subject so read as much as you can before making a purchase. You won't regret the time spent browsing this forum.

Good luck!

Also, if you haven't already, read this...

http://www.vendiscuss.net/index.php?/topic/12377-The-Ultimate-Bulk-Vending-Beginners-Mega-Thread!

Welcome Beth! I can tell you this is one of (if not THE) best communities of any interest I have ever joined! Everyone (of the ones that I see post regularly anyway) is so helpful and nice and seem to believe we are all "on the same team" in a round about way. Much different then most of the locals I encounter! This is a great thread to ask questions and learn as you get going. I am still learning TONS every day!

I wish you the best!!!

Steve

Archived