What are good locations for flat tattoo machines?

raquel

i wouldn't think a hair salon would do squat with any kind of toy or tattoo??

The "Mcdonalds" attitude and culture of US is key to cheap bulk toys.."If you eat all your food ill give you a toy" mentality makes restaurants best place for small toys and tattoos..

the foot traffic/average customers per day in a hair salon is not enough for toys..this couple with fact that your toys sales are from 4pm to close on weekdays and then weekends as kids are in school..most hair salons are only open till about noon on sat and closed sun and close at about 6 during weekdays..so your demographic for tatoos and toys is greatly diminished because of these factors.

grocery stores are also high grossing locations because most dont have a "toy aisle" like walmart or department store type places..most kids are rewarded for good behavior at grocery stores also, or the fact that they are bugging their parents constantly for everything in a grocery store gets you business also..

stick with restaurants, grocery stores , video stores are ok, bowling alleys,laudrys etc.. where kids are and where hours keep you open longest(your vending machine is "closed" during school hours and when location is closed)

ron

Ah I get it. I was assuming adults would be the big tattoo buyers. From what you guys are saying it looks like kids are the primary market for the tats instead. I'll just stick to gumballs for now. :rolleyes:

Raquel,

I also just picked up a tattoo machine and am about to start to try and find a location. Tonight I spoke to a local gas station and may have an in there. not sure how it would work there....but I gotta start trying somewhere right?

Good luck!

;-)

My first reason to expand into flat vending was that they did OK in gas stations..I had nothing but gum and capsules and Brand vending had a diffrent salesmen in all parts of the country it seemed(call from swartz on east coast one day, the guy in florida the next day(sikorky or something) arizona the next day,etc) pushing those 2 and 4 columns with H stands.. So i gave a few a try and found out some c stores actually made about 20-30 a month and before that gumballs and caps only made about 7-8 in those same stops. This of course was back in 95 i think, I remember because i was in my old house with my ex at the time when i tried them out.

my c store check list for a bulk rack is this (i have a checklist i check off every time i walk into any location) (single tat on stand would be about 75% of this)

1>does it serve hot food like chicken? 3 points

2>american cashier at first entry? 2 points

3>Indian, middle eastern cashier? 0 point

4>Korean or oriental? (-2 points)

((((these of course are all negated if they are american,then they would be first on list,meaning if i speak to the Asian looking guy and he is a second generation "born in america" person he is the first on list,,only profiling whether they where raised in USA or some other culture overseas, I have to speak to the cashier or at least hear him speak so i can judge his accent)))

5>how many tables for customer to eat? 1 point per 4 seats at table

6>beer?1 point

7>lottery?1 point

8>discount cigarettes? 3 points

9>regular cigarettes? 1 pt

now each point has its values for different types of machines..like for instance each point is worth $50 a month gross for a coin pusher, $10 a month for a crane, $3 a month for bulk rack.. I have a different list and point values are different for say a restaurant or grocery store..

I just estimate value of location really fast in my head but normally if i land the location ill check the list the first collection to see if Im close or not.. These are just averages and i know that nothing is set "in stone" and i could be totally off base with my assumptions. Everybody profiles everybody everyday so don't be judgmental and send me hate email please!

If i walk into a small grocery store/c store and it has no food or tables, cage around cashier and the cashier is straight up from asia and hardly speaks english i just walk out because it wont do squat..

But some small town c stores that are the only business in town that are the restaurant/c store/grocery store/bank (because they have only atm in town) and you walk in and there are 3 employees working and they are all american and even a bonus if they are attractive females then that is a A+ location and should be had!

ron

i wouldn't think a hair salon would do squat with any kind of toy or tattoo??

I figured since women are at a salon getting pretty anyway, they might be inclined to pay 50-75 cents for a temporary tattoo. Especially if it's a Friday night and they feel like having an edgy look. I'm not going to do it yet, but I think it would sell in those places.

I figured since women are at a salon getting pretty anyway, they might be inclined to pay 50-75 cents for a temporary tattoo. Especially if it's a Friday night and they feel like having an edgy look. I'm not going to do it yet, but I think it would sell in those places.

I have a hair and nail salon that has consistently done $65 plus for almost 3 years. I also keep an honor box there now. Acrylic rings and little girl jewelry mixes are what I run plus a GB. 6 week service. If the hairdressers are younger they will have younger clientele so it may be worth a shot.

interesting never heard of anyone actually using a points system.

I always try to get a location if there are more than 1 pop machine outside. 2 machines mean a lot of traffic. 3 machines mean lots and lots of foot traffic.

anyone ever tried vending them stickers girls wear while in the tanning bed

I seen rolls of them on ebay 1000 for $5, you would have to cap but man thats a nice margin

Hmm. My gf said they give them away free at the locations. Like u said the margins would be great.

Archived