BA30 issue

donut

I have 2 Coinco BA30 units that I thought were working until I recently tried to put them into a DN368 machine. For some reason, when I plug either of them in, the led light does not light up. The validator does make some noise (start-up), so it's getting power.... the other thing I noticed is the "use correct change" light comes on when I plug the validator in, and goes off when I unplug it... I have money in the tubes of the coin mech...

Anyone have any idea on what the problem might be?

I just went through this yesterday with a Mei VN2511 and TRC 6000 setup. I started by swapping out the validator, got the correct change message, and then swapped out the mech and found that it was not working at all. I know the second mech is good - it was just refurbished and works in other machines.

Turns out - I need a new control board.

Make sure your mech works by itself (the validator only works in conjunction with a working mech but the mechs don't need a validator)

The mech seems to be working when the validator isn't hooked up... And I swapped out the mech with a different one, same problem...

I'm ready to pull out (what's left) of my hair....

Yeah I've been there

What type of validator was originally in there? The Ba30 is pretty universal but maybe it won't work in your machine - you might have a harness problem (check all your connection plugs)

I'm pretty sure this is a single price machine were talking about.

1 is their product in machine.

2 make sure you have plenty of change in coin mech.

3 double check connections

4 this is where a cheap volt meter comes in handy, check for power.

I had a broken wire in jones plug was one of my problems and the only way I found it was with a volt meter.

mike

Archived