Vend-Trak and Windows Vista

pinkbeats

Hi pinkbeats,

My name is Josh and I'm the Chief Software Architect for Vend-Trak.  I myself use Windows Vista, and Vend-Trak will play along nicely.

As a matter of fact, since Vend-Trak is a web-based application (it runs completely through your Internet browser) it will run on any operating system that supports a version of Internet Explorer 6 or newer.

We are currently working on the third version of Vend-Trak which will support any currently supported browser (i.e. Firefox and Internet Explorer 5.5 for mobile devices).  Additional features to look for in the next version will be the inclusion of Google Maps with directions, an improved interface for creating routes, and the use of Google charts.  (We are sooooo excited!!)

Ok, well I've probably said too much so Jeremy is probably going to send me back into my office with no Mountain Dew today.  Oh well...

Back to the code I go,

Josh

By the way, we -do- have a timetable for Vend-Trak 3.0 but we would hate to upset folks if we're unable to meet the dates that we have set.  My mom always told me, "Never make a promise you can't keep."  So, for now, we're going to keep those dates internal.

But rest assured you'll have all the newest, gee-whiz features as soon as we can get them to you.

Hey thanks Josh!!!  Im impressed to be given a response from the company itself!!!  I'm ready to start the 2 month trial!!!:D

Pink,

Make sure you use the keycode "vendiscuss" to get your $80.00 discount should you want to continue the program.

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

As a matter of fact, since Vend-Trak is a web-based application (it runs completely through your Internet browser) it will run on any operating system that supports a version of Internet Explorer 6 or newer.

We are currently working on the third version of Vend-Trak which will support any currently supported browser (i.e. Firefox and Internet Explorer 5.5 for mobile devices).  Additional features to look for in the next version will be the inclusion of Google Maps with directions, an improved interface for creating routes, and the use of Google charts.  (We are sooooo excited!!)

Back to the code I go,

Josh

The new Firefox 3 now works with Vend-Trak,

Almost! The date pick field shows 107 for the year instead of 2007. It also shows 108 for 2008. Not sure if it affects the actual date as I have no data in 2007.