BevMax Media Series/BevMax 4

spdydre

Have not had the opportunity to actually see A Bev Max 4 yet, I have had experiance with all of its prior versions going back several years. Sounds like it has a few updates. I just hope the have the other bugs worked out . I understand that they have made it easier to repace the refrigeration unit.Thats good. My personal feelING on glass fronts is that they are a necessary evil for landing locations and accounts. If I did not have to set a robot machine to land an account then I would not,

Has anyone purchased one of the BevMax Media series with the touchscreen keypad? I was wanting to get some feedback on these units. Pricing etc I am really interested in this unit and would like some feedback if possible.

Have not even seen one yet in the field, the local distributor says he will have one after the first of the year and will call me to come check it out.

I saw them at the NAMA show this year, they were pretty nice machines but I was not that impressed with the small screens. My wife didnt have her glasses and even though she san see farly well without them, she had a hard time reading the smaller screens. I do however have 2 of the VEconnects and I think they are way ahead of the curve. You also cant beat the price on the machines since they are stacked on top of AP 113's to keep the price down.

The ones I have are in high traffic locations and they replaced 5 wide AMS Sensit 3's. The sales went up some since installing, but they seem to have helped us to gaurentee retention on the account. The machines I have are dev machines, but from what I've seen they are workhorses. With over 1000 sales a month on one of the machines, we have only had the typical sticky coin type issues.

I saw them at the NAMA show this year, they were pretty nice machines but I was not that impressed with the small screens. My wife didnt have her glasses and even though she san see farly well without them, she had a hard time reading the smaller screens. I do however have 2 of the VEconnects and I think they are way ahead of the curve. You also cant beat the price on the machines since they are stacked on top of AP 113's to keep the price down.

The ones I have are in high traffic locations and they replaced 5 wide AMS Sensit 3's. The sales went up some since installing, but they seem to have helped us to gaurentee retention on the account. The machines I have are dev machines, but from what I've seen they are workhorses. With over 1000 sales a month on one of the machines, we have only had the typical sticky coin type issues.

Hi Broncho, sounds like you know what you are talking about. Welcome to TVF. Would love for you to tell us a little about yourself, we have a welcome section for new member introductions.

Im typically a lurker, but I may write something up in the future. Thanks for the welcome though!

I have been in the buisness for 10 years and am an Operations Manager. Ive done everything from technichian, routes, sales, to running the show.

Did they have any with the larger screens? I know they have two models one with a super small screen on top of the keypad then another one with a larger touchscreen that is the keypad. I was actually interested in the one that has the larger touchscreen just for the key pad.

This dosnt have a keypad at all on the users side. The screen replaces the glass completely with a 46" screen. The screen is controlled by an intel i7 board and MDB controller. The machine is built on top of an AP 113 with their UCB retrofit board. Their retrofit boards are very nice as well! I use to use inOne's but now we use the VE in the future for compatability reasons in the part room.

is an example of the machine we have.

We are getting ready to install 4 more touch screen machines at the same location but these will be beverage machines. The account has a total of 19 of our machines right now and of the 2 touch screen snack machines, they are the most profitable.

sorry I was referring to the media series model not the VE connect. Does anyone know if you need inet acces for the media series? I know the VE connect you have to have internet access at the location for it to work well thats what the sales rep told me. So you can use that door on a beverage machine as well? Does it have to be the size of the ap snack?

Has anyone purchased one of the BevMax Media series with the touchscreen keypad? I was wanting to get some feedback on these units. Pricing etc I am really interested in this unit and would like some feedback if possible.

They don't seem to be using them in the state as the only info I could find was on the Crane & Dixie website.. they are common in the UK as a few operators have them listed on there websites but I have not seen any down this side of the world.

You may want to also look at the USI iCart Touchscreen or VendScreen Revolotion which Technivend may be able to offer more info on whether they are available in the market yet.

sorry I was referring to the media series model not the VE connect. Does anyone know if you need inet acces for the media series? I know the VE connect you have to have internet access at the location for it to work well thats what the sales rep told me. So you can use that door on a beverage machine as well? Does it have to be the size of the ap snack?

Im pretty sure they bundle it with their remote monitoring system which would hook in through GPRS/EDGE for Internet connection. You are going to want to use their content management system online because it would be easier to update information and change pricing. I got to play with them a lot at the Oneshow and as I stated before the screens are pretty small on some and hard to read. I like the look of them, but I dont like that it uses its own mag reader and NFC built into the front bezel. As far as price they didnt have it set yet when I talked to my rep, but I know when we bought the Merchant6 when they first came out we payed way more then what they cost a year down the road.

I also got to play with the Vendscreen and I definitely wasnt impressed with this unit. It seemed half baked when I looked at it and jumbled. I made a suggestion to one of the floor kids showing it off that they probably dont want the user to be able to enter "machine service" requests and have the options technical terms. I dont remember what the options were, but by reading them my first thought was that a user wouldnt even know what to choose. It reminded me of the isochron devices, which I liked, but with too much going on for such a small screen.

Did you get a chance to look at the USI iCart Touchscreen?

I am jealous that you got to play with all the new toys at the Oneshow! I have to get over to one but I would probably be like a kid at a candy shop! Are you going in 2013?

Did you get a chance to look at the USI iCart Touchscreen?

I am jealous that you got to play with all the new toys at the Oneshow! I have to get over to one but I would probably be like a kid at a candy shop! Are you going in 2013?

Me and the wife haven't decided if we are going yet, but we probably will because shes crazy for Cirque shows. Its really the only vacation I get all year and its just 3 days so its worth it.

I did play with that screen as well and I like it too. I also played with all the new elevator delivery systems they have for the USI. Im not a big USI fan but I do mess with every machine. Heck, I have even crawled up under machines in the past to look at serviceability when they first started coming out with the cartridge compressor units. We check out every booth while there and take up both full days of the show. Its a blast for me because I basically grew up in this business and I enjoy every aspect of it.

I have several of the Merchant Medias, and you don't need internet access. You can update the palnogram with a USB, but you have to send your Planogram to Crane and have them do it for you and they send you a Thumb Drive with your planogram to install onto the machine. If you want the sleek look that they were showing at the OneShow, then you have to use the Crane Validator and card reader. I just ordered my machines with cutouts so I can use a Coinco Validator and InOne Card Reader. I didn't get the full touchscreen, and I don't deal with the inputting the planogram into the machine, until Crane has it set up that I can set up and adjust that myself(which I am told should be before the NAMA show next year. I don't want to have to email Crane everytime I change product in a machine.

I also have several of the Bevmax machines that I just got this year, and I really haven't had any major issues with the Bevmax or Merchant machines, and my customers love them. The biggest problem that I have had with Crane is customer support. It can take a long time to get replacement parts from Crane. And when I got my first Merchant Media machines, they would not work with my InOne Telemetry due to programming in the machine and it took them 2 months to get me the software update to finally allow my Telemetry to work. But they are working good now. Let me know if you have other questions, and I will try to answer them.

This dosnt have a keypad at all on the users side. The screen replaces the glass completely with a 46" screen. The screen is controlled by an intel i7 board and MDB controller. The machine is built on top of an AP 113 with their UCB retrofit board. Their retrofit boards are very nice as well! I use to use inOne's but now we use the VE in the future for compatability reasons in the part room.

is an example of the machine we have.

We are getting ready to install 4 more touch screen machines at the same location but these will be beverage machines. The account has a total of 19 of our machines right now and of the 2 touch screen snack machines, they are the most profitable.

I like them.

depending on how much memory they have you could also load product commericals too.

man, think of the attract mode.

I like them.

depending on how much memory they have you could also load product commericals too.

man, think of the attract mode.

It has a full blown intel i7 computer with SSD drive. There is plenty of room for the advertisements, heck the product renders are huge file sizes since they are unity3d renders.

WE have ran a few ads for some of the car dealerships that we service for no charge just as a teaser. When we get more setup we are thinking of offering ad space for a fee.

It has a full blown intel i7 computer with SSD drive. There is plenty of room for the advertisements, heck the product renders are huge file sizes since they are unity3d renders.

WE have ran a few ads for some of the car dealerships that we service for no charge just as a teaser. When we get more setup we are thinking of offering ad space for a fee.

nice. I can see why they are using out of production machines thou.

that interface has to add a few grand to the machine.

that monitor is prolly 1g retail.

nice. I can see why they are using out of production machines thou.

that interface has to add a few grand to the machine.

that monitor is prolly 1g retail.

They arent to bad if you consider the accounts I use them for and the retention that it helps uphold. The best part is they are able to put them on basically any Dixie, older AP, and AMS machine, so that helps if you already own a machine you would like to add.

I have several of the Merchant Medias, and you don't need internet access. You can update the palnogram with a USB, but you have to send your Planogram to Crane and have them do it for you and they send you a Thumb Drive with your planogram to install onto the machine. If you want the sleek look that they were showing at the OneShow, then you have to use the Crane Validator and card reader. I just ordered my machines with cutouts so I can use a Coinco Validator and InOne Card Reader. I didn't get the full touchscreen, and I don't deal with the inputting the planogram into the machine, until Crane has it set up that I can set up and adjust that myself(which I am told should be before the NAMA show next year. I don't want to have to email Crane everytime I change product in a machine.

I also have several of the Bevmax machines that I just got this year, and I really haven't had any major issues with the Bevmax or Merchant machines, and my customers love them. The biggest problem that I have had with Crane is customer support. It can take a long time to get replacement parts from Crane. And when I got my first Merchant Media machines, they would not work with my InOne Telemetry due to programming in the machine and it took them 2 months to get me the software update to finally allow my Telemetry to work. But they are working good now. Let me know if you have other questions, and I will try to answer them.

I thought these were not out yet in the states? Well my sales rep said the combos are but not the Bevmax Media I am looking for. Where are you located? Can you post a few pictures?

I thought these were not out yet in the states? Well my sales rep said the combos are but not the Bevmax Media I am looking for. Where are you located? Can you post a few pictures?

I don't have any of the Bevmax Media yet, I had to get my machines placed in August, and I was told the Bevmax Medias wouldnt be available until October or November, I don't know if the are available now. But I was told they would look the Merchant Media, and the Programming would be almost the same also. I have 7 of the Merchant Medias, so I was just commenting on my experience with those. I am Located in Utah. Here are some Pictures of a Location I just set up in September with 2 Merchant Media Combo Machines, and a Bevmax Narrow. 1 of the Medias is a snack Machine, the other is a cold food machine.

post-4617-0-68765800-1354926192_thumb.jpgpost-4617-0-18976100-1354926208_thumb.jpgpost-4617-0-98591400-1354926228_thumb.jpg

I don't have any of the Bevmax Media yet, I had to get my machines placed in August, and I was told the Bevmax Medias wouldnt be available until October or November, I don't know if the are available now. But I was told they would look the Merchant Media, and the Programming would be almost the same also. I have 7 of the Merchant Medias, so I was just commenting on my experience with those. I am Located in Utah. Here are some Pictures of a Location I just set up in September with 2 Merchant Media Combo Machines, and a Bevmax Narrow. 1 of the Medias is a snack Machine, the other is a cold food machine.

post-4617-0-68765800-1354926192_thumb.jpgpost-4617-0-18976100-1354926208_thumb.jpgpost-4617-0-98591400-1354926228_thumb.jpg

That is an awful lot of machine going on there for what looks like to be a small break room. What kind of return are you getting on this account? Even some of my better accounts I would have a hard time setting Merchant6's in with that much product.

That is an awful lot of machine going on there for what looks like to be a small break room. What kind of return are you getting on this account? Even some of my better accounts I would have a hard time setting Merchant6's in with that much product.

It is a small break room and a little overkill for the location. The location does roughly $1500 per month, but I am in a unique situation where I do not own the company but rather manage machines for a corporation that expects me to make a minimal profit, but is more worried about providing a good service to all of it's locations. I manage 150 machines, and very few of the machines are older than 10 years, and they only buy new machines. And this was a location where they wanted the best variety and quality as possible. So this location might not be making a lot of money, but it is self sustaining.

It is a small break room and a little overkill for the location. The location does roughly $1500 per month, but I am in a unique situation where I do not own the company but rather manage machines for a corporation that expects me to make a minimal profit, but is more worried about providing a good service to all of it's locations. I manage 150 machines, and very few of the machines are older than 10 years, and they only buy new machines. And this was a location where they wanted the best variety and quality as possible. So this location might not be making a lot of money, but it is self sustaining.

Ok, I have done this for accounts before so I see what you are doing. Are you managing these across the country or is this all one area? If so whos doing the installs and service for you?

Ok, I have done this for accounts before so I see what you are doing. Are you managing these across the country or is this all one area? If so whos doing the installs and service for you?

I have 4 Routes that I manage locally, then I provide support to locations across the Country that are sevicing Their own machines.

I have 4 Routes that I manage locally, then I provide support to locations across the Country that are sevicing Their own machines.

Are you doing a monthly fee for all this? I have sold machines to companies and done the maintenance for them and I have also rented machines and filled them for them for a price per case. I prefer rental because we tend to make more money and it keeps drivers busy.

Archived