BevMax Media Series/BevMax 4

spdydre

Are you doing a monthly fee for all this? I have sold machines to companies and done the maintenance for them and I have also rented machines and filled them for them for a price per case. I prefer rental because we tend to make more money and it keeps drivers busy.

No I am their employee, hourly, no commission. And I just manage everything related to the Vending machines in Northern Utah, and provide support to any of their operations outside of Utah that need help.

No I am their employee, hourly, no commission. And I just manage everything related to the Vending machines in Northern Utah, and provide support to any of their operations outside of Utah that need help.

I like the setups a lot, thanks for sharing. Do they tend to upgrade machines often?

We try to get 5-7 years out of a frozen, and 7-10 years out of the snack, cold food, and drink machines.

Thats pretty typical for a good to high end account for us, but we tend to refurb at that point and take to smaller accounts. I appreciate the insight on your setup that you are servicing.

wow those look really nice. Yeah I am waiting for the bevmax with that media panel on your snacks. They said the beginning of the year but if its too long I might just get the same bevmax you have there in the picture.

Man I do not know who you work for but I like their philosphy. Putting service in the forefront. I have been on both sides of the coin. I worked for a small local company that pretty much mirrored the service that your company provides. The other side I worked for is a huge entity where the almighty dollar is king. Nothing wrong with that but its the way they go about business that I do not care for. I will not get into scenerios. For 20 years the BIG compahy tried and tried to take away the small company accounts. Could not do it. The small company was like David against Goliath. Small companies service was to good and actually had more stops in this locality than the BIG International company. They had a bad reputation when it came to service. So they bought us to get our accounts. Man I wish for the old days but things change.

Man I do not know who you work for but I like their philosphy. Putting service in the forefront. I have been on both sides of the coin. I worked for a small local company that pretty much mirrored the service that your company provides. The other side I worked for is a huge entity where the almighty dollar is king. Nothing wrong with that but its the way they go about business that I do not care for. I will not get into scenerios. For 20 years the BIG compahy tried and tried to take away the small company accounts. Could not do it. The small company was like David against Goliath. Small companies service was to good and actually had more stops in this locality than the BIG International company. They had a bad reputation when it came to service. So they bought us to get our accounts. Man I wish for the old days but things change.

You must be talking about a Canteen or someone like them. I hate those companies because everything they do is underhanded. I have seen everything from money under the table to fits being thrown(screaming and yelling at an account) when they lose one. The sicking part is they spend more money trying to persuade one individual at an account instead of just doing a good job.

I don't have any of the Bevmax Media yet, I had to get my machines placed in August, and I was told the Bevmax Medias wouldnt be available until October or November, I don't know if the are available now. But I was told they would look the Merchant Media, and the Programming would be almost the same also. I have 7 of the Merchant Medias, so I was just commenting on my experience with those. I am Located in Utah. Here are some Pictures of a Location I just set up in September with 2 Merchant Media Combo Machines, and a Bevmax Narrow. 1 of the Medias is a snack Machine, the other is a cold food machine.

post-4617-0-68765800-1354926192_thumb.jpgpost-4617-0-18976100-1354926208_thumb.jpgpost-4617-0-98591400-1354926228_thumb.jpg

How are you liking the Merchant machines? I am looking at those or some AMS machines for a large factory account. Don't hold back!

How are you liking the Merchant machines? I am looking at those or some AMS machines for a large factory account. Don't hold back!

I like the merchant machines so far, and the customes love them. But I have had serious issues with customer support from Crane. I had a couple machines arrive with some damaged parts, and have been waiting months to get the parts in. They are just cosmetic parts, so the machines are still operational, but you shouldn't have to nag to get your parts. When I first got the machines, the software in the machines prevented my remote monitoring from working, and it took them over 2 months to get me a software update to fix the machines, and even after they had the new update I was still receiving new machines with the old software and I had to install the updated software myself. The processor in the Merchant Medias is really slow also, if you turn of the power to the machine and turn it back on it will take about 2 minutes to boot back up before you can do anything to the machine. Mostly minor problems that have been inconvenient, but haven't affected sales. Overall I am happy with the machines, I just wish they had better customer support, you can't wait for 2 to 3 weeks or longer for a part if you have a bad keypad or control board that put the machine out of commision. I have some AMS machines also, although only a few of them, and I really haven't had any problems with the AMS machines, just some minor things I don't like about them that are just personal opinions and in no way effect the operation of the machines. I think the AMS machines are boring looking, customers like the machines that are flashy and draws their attention. I don't like having everything in the door, bill, coin, computer. I don't like only having the one door. I sell cold food items on the bottom shelf out of the majority of my snack machines, so I like that I can just open the money door, and adjust my programming, fix a coin jam or clear a jammed bill without having to open the whole machine and let out the cold air. Again these are just personal preferences and have no effect on the operation of the machine. I hope this helps.

This dosnt have a keypad at all on the users side. The screen replaces the glass completely with a 46" screen. The screen is controlled by an intel i7 board and MDB controller. The machine is built on top of an AP 113 with their UCB retrofit board. Their retrofit boards are very nice as well! I use to use inOne's but now we use the VE in the future for compatability reasons in the part room.

is an example of the machine we have.

We are getting ready to install 4 more touch screen machines at the same location but these will be beverage machines. The account has a total of 19 of our machines right now and of the 2 touch screen snack machines, they are the most profitable.

wow that is pretty wild, i guess you cannot install anywhere that vandalism is even a possibility

also i imagine it must be cleaned very frequently

wow that is pretty wild, i guess you cannot install anywhere that vandalism is even a possibility

also i imagine it must be cleaned very frequently

No, in fact is uses a IR touch screen that can handle tons of dirt. I have found full pieces of hard candy stuck to the screen and its still working perfectly. Also the screen is covered by a thin layer of glass to protect it. We have had them shaken pretty hard and have yet to have any real issues. I wouldnt put them in a blue collar account, but they are pretty tough machines.

I like the merchant machines so far, and the customes love them. But I have had serious issues with customer support from Crane. I had a couple machines arrive with some damaged parts, and have been waiting months to get the parts in. They are just cosmetic parts, so the machines are still operational, but you shouldn't have to nag to get your parts. When I first got the machines, the software in the machines prevented my remote monitoring from working, and it took them over 2 months to get me a software update to fix the machines, and even after they had the new update I was still receiving new machines with the old software and I had to install the updated software myself. The processor in the Merchant Medias is really slow also, if you turn of the power to the machine and turn it back on it will take about 2 minutes to boot back up before you can do anything to the machine. Mostly minor problems that have been inconvenient, but haven't affected sales. Overall I am happy with the machines, I just wish they had better customer support, you can't wait for 2 to 3 weeks or longer for a part if you have a bad keypad or control board that put the machine out of commision. I have some AMS machines also, although only a few of them, and I really haven't had any problems with the AMS machines, just some minor things I don't like about them that are just personal opinions and in no way effect the operation of the machines. I think the AMS machines are boring looking, customers like the machines that are flashy and draws their attention. I don't like having everything in the door, bill, coin, computer. I don't like only having the one door. I sell cold food items on the bottom shelf out of the majority of my snack machines, so I like that I can just open the money door, and adjust my programming, fix a coin jam or clear a jammed bill without having to open the whole machine and let out the cold air. Again these are just personal preferences and have no effect on the operation of the machine. I hope this helps.

The reason we started buying AMS is because its built like a rock. The machines are foamed filled and the metal gauging is a lot better then what AP and Crane are doing now. I can see these machines being what AP 6000 and 110 series are being used today. Retrofiting them with boards and new technology because the cabinets were built to last for 20+ years down the road. I am so glad that my predecessors hated GPL and Crane, because the AP's we have now that are retrofitted are seen as brand new machines with just a few alterations.

I have already had issues with my merchant 6's sagging on the glass and rubbing against the chute of the machines. I like the size of the Merchant 6, but you can tell the machine wont last more then 10 years because of the lack of structure.

The reason we started buying AMS is because its built like a rock. The machines are foamed filled and the metal gauging is a lot better then what AP and Crane are doing now. I can see these machines being what AP 6000 and 110 series are being used today. Retrofiting them with boards and new technology because the cabinets were built to last for 20+ years down the road. I am so glad that my predecessors hated GPL and Crane, because the AP's we have now that are retrofitted are seen as brand new machines with just a few alterations.

I have already had issues with my merchant 6's sagging on the glass and rubbing against the chute of the machines. I like the size of the Merchant 6, but you can tell the machine wont last more then 10 years because of the lack of structure.

I really like my AMS machines as well. On a related note, it took 2 days to actually get a human on the phone at Dixie Narco (Crane) to get a part ordered, Since Crane has purchased them it is harder and harder to deal with them. Say what you want about Wittern equipment but I seldom have a problem talking to someone to get a questions answered or part ordered.

I just have to say that you all just mirrored what my sales rep said about Crane and AMS. Makes me trust him even more! If I happened to get this factory account, I will put AMS machines in with confidence.

I just have to say that you all just mirrored what my sales rep said about Crane and AMS. Makes me trust him even more! If I happened to get this factory account, I will put AMS machines in with confidence.

Might want to take a look at the VE revision door units. They are cheaper then a new machine and I think they are fantastic! They are also ADA compliant so no worries if you are putting them in a public space. We only have the touch screen version, but the cabnits are rock solid and Im considering purchasing a few to upgrade some of my older machines. I do have a few of their retrofit kits and I think the Revision should be a goto for 5 wide machines. The merchants hold more and a good machine, but the Revision and AMS are killers.

Archived