Another Newbie

MountainMan

Hi All,

I am so new to this business that I don't even have any machines yet. I have my first one on the way though. After much time reading and learning, I decided to get one and place it. That way I can see how much I like it. I will experience the fear of locating myself and get to really examine the machine etc. It is bulk. I like the idea of bulk even though the market share is so low. It is an inexpensive way for me to break into the business.

I am in Idaho and have updated my profile. I see one other in the state on here. "HI!"

I look forward to reading this forum and learning much more about the business from you all. From what I ahve seen, you are my kind of people.

Welcome to the forum Mountain Man--

You will love it here--it's one of the friendliest, most informative and helpful sites going.

Sounds like you have a good plan--that's how Steve (who started this forum) began, and now he has over 200 machines.

Good luck to you, and keep us posted--

Barb

Hi Barb,

Thanks for the Welcome. I have spent most of my day looking through posts and trying to learn more. I had stayed away from Vending when younger because they looked like scams. I finally started researching it and am finding out it is a super business and fits what I want to do for the rest of my regular work career. I have done my own thing before and enjoyed it a lot more than working for the man.

If the first machine or two will show me a few bucks, I can start to invest a little more. From what I can see, the return is way better than the thousands I lost on my 401k last year!

It is a forum like this tha helps people realize that they are not alone out here in the cold cruel world!

Welcome MM!

Glad you found us! Please pull a rock up closer to the fire and make yourself at home! I'll pour you a cup of joe from the kettle.

Steve

Thanks Steve! I will :P

My eyes are getting pretty square, but I am off my knee for another week before going back to work. The injury has some to do with looking into this business also.

I bought an e-book about vending. I was pretty excited. His book was not all candy and roses and it was a little depressing, but it brought me back to earth. Now this looks like a real business that, with hard work and dedication, can be a real replacement within a couple of years to the dreaded j.o.b.

so, back into research, this time, eyes wide open (The e-book kept me from spending thousands, that I could not afford). Among all the sites I found, I found yours. I have learned so much today from you all, I can not tell you how much I have learned. It should be required reading for beginers!

Mike,

We also have quite a few eBooks for our PLUS members to download and read from our VENDiscuss vending library. What is the name of the eBook you've read?

Steve

Thanks for the hello Gabe!

Sorry I took a couple of days answering the post. There is soooo much to learn here. I have learned so much and have so much more to also. I have built up my confidence because of you all also. I know now that any one with the desire and drive can do this business. My wife being my locator helps too :P

Thanks to all of you for your help and keep the posts coming so I can learn more.