Valanoski Vends

mvalanoski

Hey all, I hope this topic fits this section but if not feel free to move it. :)

Anyway, I contacted a local amusement park near me about placing my Spongebob Northern Beaver and got ahold of someone in HR who instructed me to send a professional business letter to them explaining this machine and maybe showing some visual. Well I spent a good part of Saturday conjuring up a design for my logo as I've had a sketch in my head for quite a few weeks now. I wanted to express professionalism with vending as well as a creative, unique side which is my focal area to gain locations right now, originality with my machines. Well this snippet was going to be the top of my letterhead but I am removing the blue crescent shape for more traditional white background. Let me know what you think!

*wipes sweat from head*

Haha, thanks for the comments guys. I always get nervous when showcasing anything I make. I used Photoshop CS to make it G-Man. It's not distinguishing in that I have a standalone image, it's basically just greatly modified typography, but I think the font's used and emphasis on the "V" give it enough character to stand it's own.

Maybe I'll try to work something out with keeping a unique letterhead shaping, however I have a printer with rollers meaning I can't print marginless papers. So if I'd add that to an A4 letterhead, there'd be white margins to the left and right which is why I was going to get rid of them.

Thanks for the words guys.

Good stuff! If your thinking of getting rid of it...try another idea...

Put an S shape on its side between the two bits of information. Like a squiggle kind of thing. So on one curve of the s is the logo and the other is the contact info.

Just an idea.

however I have a printer with rollers meaning I can't print marginless papers. So if I'd add that to an A4 letterhead, there'd be white margins to the left and right which is why I was going to get rid of them.

I feel your pain Matt.  I've been messing around w/ a letterhead for a while, and those margins are killer.  I also use PhotoShop, great program.  I wouldn't mind seeing the final product when your done.

Oh yea, for sure G-Man. Apparently Epson makes a printer that feeds paper without rollers so they can be marginless, but I'm not sure on the actual model number or name, however Epson labels it's products. I love Photoshop also. I've been familiar with it since version 7-ish. The great thing about is the mere magnitude of the software itself. It's truly remarkable what you can do with digital imaging with that program. The only downside is the suite is very expensive, nearly $1,000 if I recall. Not saying it isn't worth for the programs because I think Adobe is a great company, but man, haha. :)

Do you have a website or logo, anything of that nature G?

Hey all, I hope this topic fits this section but if not feel free to move it. :)

Anyway, I contacted a local amusement park near me about placing my Spongebob Northern Beaver and got ahold of someone in HR who instructed me to send a professional business letter to them explaining this machine and maybe showing some visual. Well I spent a good part of Saturday conjuring up a design for my logo as I've had a sketch in my head for quite a few weeks now. I wanted to express professionalism with vending as well as a creative, unique side which is my focal area to gain locations right now, originality with my machines. Well this snippet was going to be the top of my letterhead but I am removing the blue crescent shape for more traditional white background. Let me know what you think!

Hey Matt! I'm a graphic designer by trade. Your V and name totally count as a logo standing on it's own. It's well placed. Great job!

I love the arc blue but I understand about the margin thing. I have one of those expense epson left over from my school days that lets me print bleed. If you put a tiny blue border around the page, it'll anchor your arc and the white space around it won't seem weird. I do this at work all the time for our proposals.

I made my logo last week. I'll be posting it soon.

Thanks for ther tip Ole miss, hehe. I was going to do something to that effect by involving a shape from the middle to the outside of the paper but your idea seems more logical as it fixes the printer issue and lets me resume my original idea with a blue arc, thanks.

Do you do any freelance work or anything like that? I had a website running for a few months this past winter but only saw a few projects result in it. I love the whole web design aspect but might just focus on graphic design when I part for school. The layout, ideas, designs, etc. all are my foray, the programming aspect gives me headaches, haha.

Thanks for ther tip Ole miss, hehe. I was going to do something to that effect by involving a shape from the middle to the outside of the paper but your idea seems more logical as it fixes the printer issue and lets me resume my original idea with a blue arc, thanks.

Do you do any freelance work or anything like that? I had a website running for a few months this past winter but only saw a few projects result in it. I love the whole web design aspect but might just focus on graphic design when I part for school. The layout, ideas, designs, etc. all are my foray, the programming aspect gives me headaches, haha.

I don't seek out freelance but it occasionally falls in my lap. I love design and avoid programming stuff. I have a brother that programs any websites I design these days.

Nice to meet a fellow designer on here.

Valonoski,

Nice logo. It's clean and visually appealing. To many times people clutter their logos and make them look to "busy". To me clean, simple, and straight to the point work the best.

Craig