What am I missing?

thefloorisdown

Hi all!! I am currently a student, and I am looking for something I can do to pull in a little extra cash over the next few years. I stumbled across the idea of bulk vending last month but didn't think I could do it, but after reading some of these threads I may have changed my mind. I figure it's best to start off small, maybe get 4 used machines or so. I have discovered that the Vendstar 3000's may be the best for what I want to do, but some people say they are not very reliable, any comments on the Vendstar line? I have been keeping an eye out for any locations that may be promising, but does anyone have any recommendations? Finally, I feel like I have left alot out, so if there are any other suggestions please let me know!

Glad to be apart of the team!

Welcome! I tend to agree. For your specific situation, I think Vendstars would be perfect. Judging by the fact that you're not in this for the long haul ("for something I can do to pull in a little extra cash over the next few years") with the Vendstars you can get into the bulk vending game very cheaply ($25 per machine is routine to see on CL) and you don't have to sweat the biggest drawback of owning these crap machines which is longevity.

In terms of locations for your route, I would put a premium on any business within close geographical location to your home. Since you're a student and looking to do this on what I assume is a very limited basis, I'm guessing you'll only ever have as many as 20-30 locations tops. You want to keep all of them within a very tight radius or gas costs will end up eating too much of your profit. Look for smaller mom-n-pop restaurants, pizza joints and even office break rooms. Also, when you get a chance - check out the honor box forum. If you're building a micro-route, honor boxes and acrylic mint boxes could really boost your bottom line and get you into some places close to home that would not support a candy triple.

Thanks for the info Rick, Ill be sure to do some surfing around old posts over the next couple of days aswell! I checked my local craigslist and didnt see any machines for sale, is my next best choice Ebay?

Be sure to keep checking CL and expand you search area, don't be afraid to drive an hour or so for a good deal.

Archived