I'm just going to ask all of my stupid DN 276E questions here.

ki4fkw

I'm sure that I'm annoying some of you by now with my numerous threads about this Dixie Narco 276E.

Other than an old Vendo on my porch for fun, this machine is my first. So I am a newbie.

To give a background, I bought the machine from a vending machine refurbishing company. The machine is like new and is completely refurbished inside and out.

The problem is, as I am finding out now... that it isn't entirely set up to vend any certain size drink.

IF I am reading my labels correctly - in order to vend a 12 oz can in any column, I have to do the following....

*Set my (brown) cams to hole #1 (I figured that one out on my own)

*Set my rear spacers in their correct holes (Another that I was bright enough to get on my own - though, how in THE HELL do some of you guys get your arms in these things?)

*Put the rod/spring assembly into hole "B" on the whatcha macallit that rotates and holds the drinks. - This is where I found my problem. I have no rod/spring assemblies.

*Use the 12 oz. can side shims on the right side . . . this is the ONLY thing that I have found to be correct so far. - I have NO other shims.

SO . . . now my questions.

1. Is what I have figured out so far correct?

2. Where is the cheapest / best place to purchase the rod / spring assemblies (if I do need them, like I think I do)?

3. I plan on vending some sort of bottled water - I guess I need a different shim . . Is there a place to just spend the money and buy a whole shim kit to cover everything?

4. I see I can download and print my own selection labels on this website. Any certain paper or kind of printer? I see regular paper ones looking bad. Or, where can I purchase good quality labels?

Please forgive my ignorance to all of this.

I'm not being a lazy shopper, I HAVE been googling all of these places, but it's like finding a needle in a hay stack to find a place that is reliable and likely to have all of my needs covered in one place - that's why I'm asking you more experienced people.

I catch on to things well once I've done them once, so my silly threads will stop soon enough. Sorry for the long thread and thanks in advance!

I would suggest printing the labels on glossy photo paper... If it's an outside location that the machine will be at, I also suggest you laminate them, as it will keep the moisture in the air from eventually making them look bad.....

Any professional vending machine refurbisher worth his salt would have asked you what products you wanted to vend and set this thing up for you before it left their shop.

While it's good to get familiar with your equipment - you should not be going through this

Any professional vending machine refurbisher worth his salt would have asked you what products you wanted to vend and set this thing up for you before it left their shop.

While it's good to get familiar with your equipment - you should not be going through this

I agree. When I spoke with this person on the phone, he asked what I wanted it set to sell. I told him cans - and that I would likely swap it up on my own. When I got there, I didn't get to see him at all. A couple of guys loaded it on the truck and that was it. When I got to looking, it really looks thrown together. It has the right shims for cans, but that was it.

I will say that this place seemed legit. It was HUGE with thousands of machines. The quality of the refurbishing is very good. I would think it was brand new if I didn't know otherwise - save a little bit of black overspray on the wires inside.

Archived