How and What To Say When Emailing A Location?

marzvending

i was wondering if i were to email a potential location what would i say to place a soda machine at there establishment. i dont want to sound boring. i want to say the right things so they atleast can give me a chance.. this place is a rehab center, we did go into the place and asked but all they said was that they didnt have a soda machine and they might be interested in one but to email them with information about what kinds of sodas and prices..but i want the email to sound catchy and sound good.. should i talk about percentage? what should i say in the email??...please help!!!

Please don't take this the wrong way, you asked for advice and I am going to give you some. PROOFREAD. There are numerous grammatical mistakes in your post. If that was a solicitation email, I would delete it at the first grammatical error.

I would not discuss a commission. There is a reason they don't have vending services presently. Until you can establish actual sales, I would steer clear of offering a commission.

Do some research on products you can offer easily and start there. Let them know what will set you apart from every other vendor out there. Be persistent, but not annoying. Good luck.

My suggestion would be DO NOT E-MAIL. Stop in drop off a card and a flyer/brochure at the front desk. Ask for the name of the office manager, and then follow up with a phone call to possibly set up an appointment.

I was an Operations Manager and Director of Operations for ten years. I received a lot of e-mails trying to get my buisness. I did not read any of them. Most people are instructed not to open E-mails they do not recognize and most managers do not have time to waste opening E-mails that may be selling something they do not need.

IMO this requires a more personal and professional approach. I have had good success with this approach.

A couple summers ago I paid my 17 year old daughter to dress in business attire and drive around in areas we targeted and to just walk into businesses and drop off a card and a cheap but nice brochure that we created ourselves and get a name if she could. I would bet we received alot more contacts and interest than if I would have done E-mails or mailings.

My .02

P.S. What scumball is going to yell at a 17 year old girl for just dropping off a card

I email all the time because im limited to locating due to work. I send a short email discussing my services and attach a few pictures of equipment. So far it has gotten my biggest account to far and also my business put on alot of vendor lists for large buildings etc. It is not the best option but it works.I just even landed a huge project with a local sports team just by sending everyone in the corporate office an email. I will update this in my other thread. So far it has worked better than locators I will tell you that

I email all the time because im limited to locating due to work. I send a short email discussing my services and attach a few pictures of equipment. So far it has gotten my biggest account to far and also my business put on alot of vendor lists for large buildings etc. It is not the best option but it works.I just even landed a huge project with a local sports team just by sending everyone in the corporate office an email. I will update this in my other thread. So far it has worked better than locators I will tell you that

interesting, i agree with snack dude in that even phonecalls generally dont get a good response for me so i would never bother e-mailing but that is interesting. can you share some insight where do you find your leads and what does ur e-mail pitch look like?

interesting, i agree with snack dude in that even phonecalls generally dont get a good response for me so i would never bother e-mailing but that is interesting. can you share some insight where do you find your leads and what does ur e-mail pitch look like?

My leads are the internet lol. I target a specific building or area say by zip code or name. For instance I wanted to focus on finding distribution centers. So I google distribution centers with a certain zip code area I am looking in and it will pull up all the distribution areas in that zip code. Either website,number etc. I then go to their website or contact info and send an email. I will email all the distribution centers it pulls up or at least try to. I do this on my spare time at work throughout the day. I would say I land an average of one to two accounts per 100 emails and I get alot of people saying that they will hold onto my information and followup in the future. I pitch them saying I am looking for their vending contact at their facility, explain how I am a vendor for certain companies and attach pricing,selections(with pictures) and pictures of equipment. I try to steer away from too many sales pitches because people then delete your email or ignore it as spam. When you ask for a specific person in charge they will always forward it to the head guy in most cases and he will make the decision right there most of the time. There are better ways to locate of course but this is an easy,cheap and gas saving way. Alot of people like to see visuals of what you are offering hence why it sometimes works better than a random phone call.

Archived