Bill Acceptor

temp04

Hi, I am a newbie to the business. I bought a route a few months back. I have a machine that will take the bill but will not give credit to customer. this doesn't happen all the time but it happened enough to have the location getting upset. I am assuming my problem is the bill acceptor. But I do not see any error code. is there a simple way to fix it? How do I fix this problem? Thanks

Hi, I am a newbie to the business. I bought a route a few months back. I have a machine that will take the bill but will not give credit to customer. this doesn't happen all the time but it happened enough to have the location getting upset. I am assuming my problem is the bill acceptor. But I do not see any error code. is there a simple way to fix it? How do I fix this problem? Thanks

What brand Bill Acceptor are you using on the machine?

You might try cleaning the sensors. On the coinco's I have, there is a release button on the bottom that allows the sensor unit to slide out. A lot of my blue collar accounts are very dusty and because the sensors face upward I clean them each time I do service.

If that doesn't work, you should pick up a refurbished validator. You can save about $50 if you trade in your existing one but this means your machine will only work with coins in the interim.

I always carry spare validators and coin mechs. I have gradually standardized my system to where I only need a couple of different models and having spares saves a lot of trips.

What model of machine is the validator in? That problem does not always indicate a problem with the validator. You could have a bad or broken harness, a bad connection, or a bad control board. On validators that new, I RARELY see the validator not "giving" credit. Assuming the validator is bad is usually a common mistake made by many vendors. The control board or harness is usually the problem.

What model of machine is the validator in? That problem does not always indicate a problem with the validator. You could have a bad or broken harness, a bad connection, or a bad control board. On validators that new, I RARELY see the validator not "giving" credit. Assuming the validator is bad is usually a common mistake made by many vendors. The control board or harness is usually the problem.

Could also be the coin mech if its an older electromechanical machines. The coinmech will work fine but since it controls the validator in those machines, its typically the culprit.

Thank you all for replying. It's a dixie narco beverage max. If it's a bad control board, do you mean the control board of the machine or the board inside the validator? the coinmech is a conlux 5. is it a reliable device? thankn you

Have you seen this happen yourself of is it something that customers are telling you is happening? Have you tried to duplicate this error by testing notes & if so have you had it happen to you?

I don't know to much about Coinco Bill Pro Series Bill Acceptors but I think they may have a jam clearing feature where the reader reboots itself if it sensors a bill jam. What I mean by this is that if you insert a note into the Bill Acceptor & it gets stuck during the acceptance procedure the Bill Acceptor will try to restart & go back to the home or ready position. This can take sometime so if a customer inserts a Bill that gets stuck they may walk away from machine before the Bill Acceptor spits the note back out. I have seen this happen before.

I have also seen a Bill Acceptor take a note & bank it in the validator stacker without giving a credit but this was on Matrix Bill Acceptor not a Coinco.

Thank you all for replying. It's a dixie narco beverage max. If it's a bad control board, do you mean the control board of the machine or the board inside the validator? the coinmech is a conlux 5. is it a reliable device? thankn you

Ok, ignore what I said about the coin mech then. On that machine it is going to be a non issue since its MDB and the way serial rs232(mdb) operates in a vending machine, you wont be loosing the credit based on a coin mech.

Heres what you need to look at first: Check the harness to control board and see if any pins look loose and check to see if there are any board errors. Also I have had issues with coin co MDB validators(MAGs mostly) that corrode around a resistor under the front of the bezel. When this happens it tends to short out the board and cause it to do all kinds of wacky stuck. Take off the front bezel and see if you see what Im suggesting. If you do just remove it with a razor blade and a bit of rubbing alcohol.

The Conlux 5 has a coin cassette that is removable and if you continue to remove it to load coins (like I did) you will wear out the contacts on the bottom of the cassette in pretty short order.

When mine went bad it caused a variety of problems unlike anything I had experienced with Coinco and Mei. I took it into Vending World and Randy (the owner) knew immediately what the problem was - apparently it's a common fault of this model.

Not sure if this is where your problem lies but it's a good place to start.

Thank you all for helping out. I did see it happened once that it just take a dollar but no credit given. but it's probably after about 10 tries, I am in So Cal. where is a good place to get a harness? I will try what everyone suggested when I go onsite next week. Again, thank you all for the tips.

Thank you all for helping out. I did see it happened once that it just take a dollar but no credit given. but it's probably after about 10 tries, I am in So Cal. where is a good place to get a harness? I will try what everyone suggested when I go onsite next week. Again, thank you all for the tips.

Most times you are going to be able to see something physically wrong with the harness if thats the issue. I would look at it first before I try and buy one. What modle number of Bevmax is this? Also is the credit every showing on the display, but just giving a false vend?

Archived