best dolly or hand truck?

TKK

I wanna b able to move a machine by myself. Ofcourse loading on a truck I won't be able too I'd need to use a trailer or something I use a pallet jack it does its job but weights a ton. Which do u guys recommend for the price

I use this hand truck from Northern tool. It is less than $200 and is rated at 1200 lbs. I think it would be nice if it had a second strap, but it works well.

http://www.northernt...81546_200381546

yeah, i will second this one i am loving it. the strapping system isnt great but overall it was a solid value for the money

Go to youtube. Type in " Anderson Dolly" or "vending dolly" in the search box and watch the videos.

They are inexpensive and work great. We picked up a glass front and wheeled right out.

heres my question on the piano mover type dollies, what about getting machines under door clearances or up and over the threshold

Heres what we use:

Narrow Pallet jack for snack machines

Ultralift Dolly for stair moves

Dutro(my favorite, and weve had the same one for over 20 years)

Custom made side movers made in my home shop

yeah, i will second this one i am loving it. the strapping system isnt great but overall it was a solid value for the money

heres my question on the piano mover type dollies, what about getting machines under door clearances or up and over the threshold

i use a 'pick' dolly to lift the Anderson dolly over bumps and thresholds. I can move most machines by myself.

That Anderson doesn't look like it does a lot more than a pallet jack could its just putting wheels on it but you won't be able to go over some stairs etc...

What I've been using is a pallet jack I either lay it on it or standing up. However it takes atleast two of us

The hard part is dropping it or laying it down too much weight to drop it slowly or smoothly

What I'm thinking is getting a dolly w the straps to move it and then on my 4x6 trailer installing a winch on the end laying the machine down on a plank of wood or steal with a ledge on the end and having it push it into the ramp. Then closing the gate. I'd only b able tobdo a machine at a time but that'd be fine

My truck is lifted so its a pain to recline it and lift it up on the bed. I'm thinking of ideas that I could move the machines standing up.

I bought a Honda crv to service now I gotta focus on the moving of machines.

That Anderson doesn't look like it does a lot more than a pallet jack could its just putting wheels on it but you won't be able to go over some stairs etc...

What I've been using is a pallet jack I either lay it on it or standing up. However it takes atleast two of us

The hard part is dropping it or laying it down too much weight to drop it slowly or smoothly

What I'm thinking is getting a dolly w the straps to move it and then on my 4x6 trailer installing a winch on the end laying the machine down on a plank of wood or steal with a ledge on the end and having it push it into the ramp. Then closing the gate. I'd only b able tobdo a machine at a time but that'd be fine

My truck is lifted so its a pain to recline it and lift it up on the bed. I'm thinking of ideas that I could move the machines standing up.

I bought a Honda crv to service now I gotta focus on the moving of machines.

The point of this dolly is for drink machines were you cannot get a pallet jack under. We have a custom version on this that I made and it raises as high as 10 inches. We have used it in conjunction with our ultralift to get into raised thresholds that are too talk to just yank up. You can also open the door of the coke machine and swing it through a 30" door with ease.

" Anderson Dolly" They are inexpensive and work great. We picked up a glass front and wheeled right out.

Can you tell me how much you paid... they look similar to the EZ-Move Tandem Dolly

Heres what we use

Dutro(my favorite, and weve had the same one for over 20 years)

Which model Dutro do you use?

The point of this dolly is for drink machines were you cannot get a pallet jack under. We have a custom version on this that I made and it raises as high as 10 inches. We have used it in conjunction with our ultralift to get into raised thresholds that are too talk to just yank up. You can also open the door of the coke machine and swing it through a 30" door with ease.

Do you have any picture's you can post of the custom version that you made? It must be similar to the Ultralift VMA accessory... I would like to make my own as sending one here would cost a fortune in freight.

Currently I just use a pallet jack & a 7 foot 380 pound "brother in-law" to help me move my machine's.. He just tilts the machine's so that I can place a piece of 4x2 under feet to give extra clearance for pallet jack. He is going into the Police Force soon so I wont be able to do it this way by myself so are looking at other options.

Can you tell me how much you paid... they look similar to the EZ-Move Tandem Dolly

Which model Dutro do you use?

No idea, like I said its over 20 years old. It looks just like the one in the picture above except its maroon.

Do you have any picture's you can post of the custom version that you made? It must be similar to the Ultralift VMA accessory... I would like to make my own as sending one here would cost a fortune in freight.

Currently I just use a pallet jack & a 7 foot 380 pound "brother in-law" to help me move my machine's.. He just tilts the machine's so that I can place a piece of 4x2 under feet to give extra clearance for pallet jack. He is going into the Police Force soon so I wont be able to do it this way by myself so are looking at other options.

I have a few different things that we have made. One is like the VMS accessory that just mounts on, but the other is a larger version of the dollys above but with a bottle jack. With the bottle jack we can get the machine through all kinds of obstacles. Im extremely busy today because it seems the flu is spreading through our employees, but I will try and get a picture up next week.

I use this hand truck from Northern tool. It is less than $200 and is rated at 1200 lbs. I think it would be nice if it had a second strap, but it works well.

http://www.northernt...81546_200381546

I've used this and/or a pallet jack for years.... then I got a guy to do the moves for me. ^_^

Build a ramp for the trailer, the whole idea with the winch is useless, been there tried that. Or get a lift installed on your truck.

• 7 months later...

I use a Dutro also

Model # 1888-78" (the -78 means it is 78 inches tall which really helps with getting the machines off the ground & putting them down easily)

I also had them add the following additional options

• The overhead strap & arm (works much better than the straps that go around the machine)
  • The safety brake PART # 1878-SB (keeps the machine from rolling when I am on an incline or am trying to roll it down/off the trailer that I use to move my machines)
  • I also had them add an extra 4 inches to the toe plate which makes it stick 8 inches (makes it easier to get under the machine if the legs are in weird places)

I spent $700 to 800 on it including shipping/delivery but it was well worth the money.

Here is a link to their online catalog

http://www.dutro.com/cgi/catalog.cgi?page=13

I also use a regular sized pallet jack to move snack machines but I wish I had bought a mini pallet jack.  I bought the regular sized pallet jack used so can complain too much because i got it really cheap.

One last thing - I also bought a used trailer that has a bed that tilts when you remove the pin from the front so I can just pull the machine up & onto the trailer or roll it off which is where the brake on the Dutro really comes in handy.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived