$45,760.00 Average Annual NET: (owning 5 machines)

XtremeDJL

Nope...not a chance. Even if it could, you would be so busy restocking these machines, it would cost you a ton in gas and time. Your best bet is to find your own location and put full size machines in there.

I can also tell you that I have one location (about 250 employees) with 6 full size machines. 1 frozen, 1 fresh food, 2 snacks and 2 soda machines and on a yearly basis, I am pulling gross about $45,000....and this is a solid account. I restock these machines once a week and the soda and snack machines are generally pretty empty.

So back to your question, no....no....and no!

Travis

Also to add to this....if you want to make about $30,000 a year (take home I'm assuming), then you will have to sell about $65 - 70K a year in product. That is based upon the fact that snacks and soda's can generally net about 100% profit, but fresh and frozen food is MUCH MUCH less. Take into account cost of gas and repairs, plus cleaning supplies, spoiled product or other waste, I am guessing that you will have to be around the $70 - $75K range.

Now, one last point is that with this much sales you cannot and should not try to fly under the radar and not pay taxes. So depending on where you are at, it can be significant...6 - 9 % on soda's plus taxes on food (again depending on the state).

Not to be negative, but this is the reality of it. Full line can be profitable and fun, you just need to go in with open eyes.

Travis

I Cant see how they could even consider the figures to be realistic.

Those machines hold a total of 274 items.

45k Nett = 9k Nett per machine

9K = $175 per week Nett

To Nett $175 your Gross is probably around $350 per week

To sell 274 items per week to gross $350 means your average item price is about $1.28.

The chances of you selling a full machine of products every week and achieving an average price of $1.28 are slightly less than bugger all.

To achieve this return with an average item sale price of $1.10 you would need to sell an entire machine every 6 days, or to achieve $0.90 every 5 days.

Added to the fact that you will never sell an entire machine full of product as not everything sells equally the only way this figure would be achievable would be to service the machine every 2 days at a minimum.

If you can find an account that is turning over that amount of product, these combos are not for you.

In short - my favourite kind of music - K-RAP

Thanks for all the info! Very helpful! I figured that ad was too good to be true. Travis I'm glad you shared about how much you gross with what machines and location. Gives me something to think about. What machines do you use if you don't mind me asking. I would love to make that much with restocking weekly. I'm not sure on the fresh and frozen food but more interested in the snack and soda machines. Thanks again!

Do you believe owning 5 of these machines would net that much money annually? I know location is what matters, but just saying on average. I'm looking at buying machines for the first time, and would like to do this full time. Im hoping to make 30,000 a year minimum.

http://www.vendingfo...g_machines.html

If you want to net $30,000 a year, you'll need 10 locations (snack & soda) grossing between $500 and $1,000 a month. These tend to be accounts that require servicing every other week - some members here refer to them as "hamburger accounts".

If you're just getting started, you'll have a tough time securing the type of accounts that Sparta_Automation referred to.

Thanks for all the info! Very helpful! I figured that ad was too good to be true. Travis I'm glad you shared about how much you gross with what machines and location. Gives me something to think about. What machines do you use if you don't mind me asking. I would love to make that much with restocking weekly. I'm not sure on the fresh and frozen food but more interested in the snack and soda machines. Thanks again!

Regarding machines: You might want to start a new thread. While the opinions will tend to vary slightly, several machines always seem to make the "best" list. It's pretty interesting and would be helpful to anyone in your position.

Ps. Steer clear of "Biz Ops" - they're all a scam and don't even consider buying a combo machine. I use them as satellite machines on larger accounts and Mission uses them for a fish reef he's building in Texas.

Regarding machines: You might want to start a new thread. While the opinions will tend to vary slightly, several machines always seem to make the "best" list. It's pretty interesting and would be helpful to anyone in your position.

Ps. Steer clear of "Biz Ops" - they're all a scam and don't even consider buying a combo machine. I use them as satellite machines on larger accounts and Mission uses them for a fish reef he's building in Texas.

So that's what i keep losing all my hooks on!!

For this location...I have

Royal RVV 500 Glass front (robotic) soda machine (40 selection capacity, but in reality, I have about 30 different drinks, I double or triple up on some flavors)

National 431 fresh food machine (9 selection)

AP310/320 Frozen Machine (about 40 selection)

National 167 Snack Machine (40 selection)

Dixie Narco 5591 Glass front drop soda machine (45 selection capacity, but configured to about 40)

Rowe 5900 (old, but updated with drop sensor) 40 selection

The top 4 are in the staff lounge area and the soda/snack does very well, the frozen and fresh are there to secure the account. I don't lose money on them, but don't make a lot either.

The last 2 are downstairs in the "public" area and they do a pretty decent amount

Hope this helps.

Travis

I use them as satellite machines on larger accounts and Mission uses them for a fish reef he's building in Texas.

Just to clarify, I used 2 USI 7/10 Bottle/Can machines at 1060 lbs each, empty, welded and chained together to make a boat mooring anchor in a cove on Lake Travis, just outside of Austin TX. They are in about 80 ft of water at normal lake level. A much better use than scrap metal I might add.

Just to clarify, I used 2 USI 7/10 Bottle/Can machines at 1060 lbs each, empty, welded and chained together to make a boat mooring anchor in a cove on Lake Travis, just outside of Austin TX. They are in about 80 ft of water at normal lake level. A much better use than scrap metal I might add.

Heck Mission,

With all the garbage machines floating around here you could build a whole marina out there.

Take a look on Craigslist, I'm sure you will find oodles of machines people are trying to off load for cheap.

Also something to think about, What will you do, not if, but WHEN you get booted from a location? I am not trying to discourage you, but when you are starting out for the first time in your career, it is tough. Plus a lot of biz ops that offer machines with a location, more times than not, get you locations that would make less money than if you put one in your home with 2 teenagers living in the house....

When the small combo machines were still super popular with biz ops, I would see them in Beauty shops/ salons and in small offices that had 1-2 people working in that office with very little foot traffic....

Gaines? just move one outside for one of my latest customers so I could put my AP machine in place of it. When I went service my machine the following week it was still outside.

Cajan be very careful moving competitor’s equipment.

In some towns this business is still a small club of people with bent noses that brake bones for fun.

Can you be sure he does not have a contract with the location?

What if it turns out the location never notified the old vender, the location denies authorizing removal of his equipment, the rain damages to the machine to the tune of 4000.00. It turns out his wife and children all die in a car accident and he been in the hospital and been off his route last 3 weeks. Don’t worry his nephew the lawyer is going to sue you for what he paid the biz ops guy for this location.

OK that over the top but you got no business touching someone equipment without their permission, no less putting out in the weather.

The last time this came up I ask for a letter from the location on their letter head stating they consider the equipment abandon and authorizing its removal with a signature.

Walta

Yes Walta

The machine has product that is long expired, they told me they have been calling this person for over a year and a half, no response from vendor. they told me not to worry they will take full responsibly for it.they did put a tarp over it. No worry I can take care of myself!

i did not forget about pictures on the old DN that I will scrap. just busy down here in cajun land! lol!

Thanks for been concerned!

Archived