Finally in business

howella66442

After a month and a half and some money, i finally am ready to start making money. I've paid/made all entities happy to include state, county, state, and district levels. Of course, each requiring there own fees and licenses. Being a full-time Critical Care Paramedic as well as a full-time college student I do not have allot of time right now to locate, so i have placed one order with locators are us. As soon as that is placed i am gonna try to locate the u-turn 4 vend, the double, the single, and the 2 spirals that are in my house. My wife, although very patient, is getting to the point of... well let's just say i need to get these machines placed. ;) .

I do really appreciate all the topics in the forum, especially the one concerning the locator ratings.

Thanks again.

I think having a good Locator (or site finders as we call em' over here) at your disposal is essential and can really help build/grow your business when you don't have the time to do it yourself or you have machines that you need to place quickly but you I think you have to be able to site the machines yourself if you are planning on operating seriously.

Yeah, I absolutely hate it to be honest but it has to be done at times.

Site finders are crucial though - the best ones in my experience are the ones who do it in person but obviously this costs a lot more money. I guess like anything you get what you pay for.

A good argument for using a site finder (at least for me) is that I work full time as well as operate machines and I just think that I could go out all day and just get a couple of sites and lose a full days pay or I can pay a site finder £30 to do the same and I can still go out to work and earn money.

Its just swings and roundabouts.

After a month and a half and some money, i finally am ready to start making money. I've paid/made all entities happy to include state, county, state, and district levels. Of course, each requiring there own fees and licenses. Being a full-time Critical Care Paramedic as well as a full-time college student I do not have allot of time right now to locate, so i have placed one order with locators are us. As soon as that is placed i am gonna try to locate the u-turn 4 vend, the double, the single, and the 2 spirals that are in my house. My wife, although very patient, is getting to the point of... well let's just say i need to get these machines placed. ;) .

I do really appreciate all the topics in the forum, especially the one concerning the locator ratings.

Thanks again.

Congrats on the beginning of your adventure.

Thanks again. I placed an prefer for my first triple yesterday. Hopefully I'll get some kin of correspondence in the next week or two. The wife will be glad when the machines are all placed and out of her living room, bedroom, and kitchen.

Of course then starts the cycle again as I anger her with more machines to refurb and place.

Aaahhh. Happy marriage.

Yeah I think your absolutely correct. I just hate coming off like a salesman. I've done much better talking with people i have connections with. its so much more organic!

Can you elaborate a little bit on this comment?

1) I am a full time territory salesman in regular job.

2) What do you mean by organic? Do you mean it feels natural? The more experienced you become with the sales, the more natural it will feel.

I would suggest networking with your current connections or contacts. You will find that your friends and coworkers will know people and places where you can get machines in. Start networking with them. Good luck.

Can you elaborate a little bit on this comment?

1) I am a full time territory salesman in regular job.

2) What do you mean by organic? Do you mean it feels natural? The more experienced you become with the sales, the more natural it will feel.

I would suggest networking with your current connections or contacts. You will find that your friends and coworkers will know people and places where you can get machines in. Start networking with them. Good luck.

I guess I don't like the feeling of going in cold and trying trying to sell my idea to someone I have never met. Yeah the networking has worked much better for me. If I have another reason to be talking to the person everything comes out more naturally. For example I took my car into my mechanic the other day and offered to put a machine in his shop. It's easier because I can throw it out as a question "have you ever thougth about having a candy dispenser here? It might be nice for your customers who have to wait." The other day I made some calls because I had been driving around locating and not able to connect with any managers and I got some pretty annoyed responses which made me feel a bit like a telemarketer.

I guess I don't like the feeling of going in cold and trying trying to sell my idea to someone I have never met. Yeah the networking has worked much better for me. If I have another reason to be talking to the person everything comes out more naturally. For example I took my car into my mechanic the other day and offered to put a machine in his shop. It's easier because I can throw it out as a question "have you ever thougth about having a candy dispenser here? It might be nice for your customers who have to wait." The other day I made some calls because I had been driving around locating and not able to connect with any managers and I got some pretty annoyed responses which made me feel a bit like a telemarketer.

Ok, I thought that is what you meant. Cold calling is tough to do, but I guess being in sales for almost 30 years has made it feel natural to me.

Archived