Adeqate Responses??

pinkbeats

I will tell him exactly how much and have some kind of documentation for it. I am planning on 10% to my charity. I still need to contact them and try to get some program started with them.

Also, I will use that when they want a commission. the profit is small. If they want 5%, then 5% goes to the charity. I am bettingmany will forego the commission.

Good question.  I just recently published an article about this same subject.  You can read it at: http://EzineArticles.com/?id=1193525

Generally, I want the business owner to understand that I am running a "for profit" business.  I express the amount of my contribution in terms of a range of percentages based on NET income which is after my expenses are deducted.  I also want them to understand that I have to spend money to keep the machine there and that my contribution is part of those expenses.

I started writing a response to this question and then got sidetracked for 3 hours.  When I started there were no replies so when I got back to finishing my reply I went on my merry way not realizing that there were already so many excellent replies.  Sorry for the repetition.  I've used the gross amount before as well and that seems to satisfy.  I have 50 machines which mean I donate $600 per year.