Moving a soda machine on its back.

Big Mike

Im still a small operator and move everything in a minivan. The biggest thing so far was a 42" Rainbow crane. When we buy snack machines they are always delivered to the location. We also use bottler machines that are delivered. I do have a 721 in storage that I want to move to the warehouse to get it ready to be on location. Can I lay it down and let it stand up for a day before plugging it in? It is only a 10 minute drive. The snack machine company has agreed to pick it up here and deliver it with the machine I bought from them.

Mike

Hey Mike.

I used to believe that you'd ruin the compressor but apparently it's ok to lay the machine down for short hauls and stand it up for 24 hrs before plugging it in. If you have any doubts, you can always remove the whole compressor deck in about 10 minutes with a couple of sockets and screwdrivers - weighs about 50lbs.

I move snack machines laying down in my Astro van. Take the shelves out first (half the total weight) then just tip the machine onto the bed and slide it in. I do it alone and I only weigh 150 lbs.

Moondog

I have moved many, many machines this way. I have even plugged the machine in after standing back up. It is best to wait a few hours like every1 says. Even better to take compressor out while moving.

with that said, I have yet to have a problem after moving a machine this way. sometimes you just got to save a buck

Im still a small operator and move everything in a minivan. The biggest thing so far was a 42" Rainbow crane. When we buy snack machines they are always delivered to the location. We also use bottler machines that are delivered. I do have a 721 in storage that I want to move to the warehouse to get it ready to be on location. Can I lay it down and let it stand up for a day before plugging it in? It is only a 10 minute drive. The snack machine company has agreed to pick it up here and deliver it with the machine I bought from them.

Mike

Mike,

Here is a recent thread that might be of interest to you...

Archived