Says "choose another selection", yet test-vending works

Mike32110

I have an older AP machine (I believe an LCM 3 or 4) that has had some issues in the past, i bought it used a few months ago. I have had a problem where all of the motors that I test vend seem to work fine, yet two selections seem to randomly not work when you put money in the machine (it says choose another selection). I have had issues with this in the past, and I swear it was randomly working fine for a few weeks, then it started again with the same two slots having issues. To make this even more confusing, i remember when I changed the coin mech there was issues where it would have random selections not work, then the staff would turn the machine on and off again, and then it woudl work for a while before having the same problem.

When I bought the machine he told me that this one selectino didn't work, and it would need a new motor (This was one fo the two selections not working), yet the motor works fine when testing it. Any ideas anyone?! Thanks in advanced!

That's a fairly recent model - how come you've got better equipment than me? ;D

You don't, by any chance, have an aftermarket vend sensor on this machine do you? If so, it'll test vend fine but tell you to make another selection if nothing drops.

When you first open the door & push the mode button are there any error codes on the display? Machine should give you a motor count & this should correspond with the amount of selections you have. When you turn machine off & back on I think it does a motor count so this would explain why it worked when your customers where doing this.

Another thing you could check would be to make sure that the price hasn't been reset & that your motor terminals are secure...

When you first open the door & push the mode button are there any error codes on the display? Machine should give you a motor count & this should correspond with the amount of selections you have. When you turn machine off & back on I think it does a motor count so this would explain why it worked when your customers where doing this.

Another thing you could check would be to make sure that the price hasn't been reset & that your motor terminals are secure...

Yes it says error and one of the selections, but not the other. I am not sure if I just need to reset the errors or something. I will try everything else that you guys have suggested, thanks.

Archived