Misaligned Locks!

Hey guys.

I have two locks that I am having problems with.

They are the barrel type locks that have the cylinder shaped keys. (like the ones on a sticker machine and some of the front doors on vending machines)

On the lock itself there are two grooves for the key to fit however they are out of line and I can't get the key in the lock to turn it. Are the locks shot or is there a way to line up those grooves. They where okay when I got them but for some reason they are not now.

Thanks for you quick response.

Gary

Hi Gary,

Do you mean you cannot get they key in to turn it. If so just file the front nib off the key so you can get the key in when they are not aligned. I believe it is only the centre one that turns. All of my keys have been filed, I never worry about line up. Of course I hope you have more than one key in case this is bad advice for your type of lock.

Grumpy

You are welcome. I'm not really amazing, just passing on learned information. But one nice thing is that when you lock it up do not line up the lines, then if someone has the same key unless they filed off thier tip they cannot unlock your machine.

Grumpy