Charity or comission

bulkvendingwizard

Charity or Comission?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should you locate using a charity approach or comission approach?

• Charity
    • Comission

I refuse to do comission. The reason?? because if i offer lets say %10 of sales the avrage machine on my route is $15 a month and the owner only gets $1.50 a month. Then the owners dont see the purpos to have the machine sit there taking up space for less than $20 a year. Where Charity the owner never sees the money , and most people not in the business thing there is way more than 15 a month involved so they feel good that thay are doing their part to support. I use nccs and award each location a cirtificate for their support every year so they still feel that they are helping out.

I started on commission and lost way more locations than i have with chairity.

• 2 months later...

I refuse to do comission. The reason?? because if i offer lets say %10 of sales the avrage machine on my route is $15 a month and the owner only gets $1.50 a month. Then the owners dont see the purpos to have the machine sit there taking up space for less than $20 a year. Where Charity the owner never sees the money , and most people not in the business thing there is way more than 15 a month involved so they feel good that thay are doing their part to support. I use nccs and award each location a cirtificate for their support every year so they still feel that they are helping out.

I started on commission and lost way more locations than i have with chairity.

If you have a location earning $15 per month, it doesn't deserve commission.

For locations like that, charity is your best bet.

But, don't blame "commission" for those locations you lost.

Chalk it up to "inexperience".

It sounds like the problem was the commission you offered may have been too low and/or the earnings at said locations didn't justify paying commission to begin with.

Do commission the right way before deciding whether or not it's for you.

In theory, offering commission to all your locations may sound like a good idea, but it's not.

Your point about wasting the location's time giving them $1.50 is true....and, more importantly, it's a waste of your time too.

Low earning spots won't work for commission.

If you "refuse to do commission", you will have a very hard time earning more than that $15 per-month/per-head from locations.

And while $15 from a single will make some people happy, it's ok to expect more.

And the only way to average more per head/location is to pay commission at better spots.

You can get into some better spots where you will pay more in commission alone after one month than some of your charity singles will earn in a whole year!

It's true...you can give commision and pay more monthly at some commission stops than most charity-spots earn all year...and I'm talking about what you will pay...just imagine what you can earn.

Those locations are out there, but you have to be willing to offer commission.

Offering charity won't get your machine through the door at those places.

Once a vendor is past the start-up phase of their vending business I don't recommend doing only charity.

You wouldn't carry only a hammer in your toolbox...You'd carry a screwdriver too.

Why not do both charity and commission?

With time/experience, you will be able to read a location before you pitch a machine...you will be able to offer comission from the get-go to the RIGHT spots.

But, one rule of thumb can be this: If the location doesn't look like it would merit a 5-way rack...DO NOT offer commission.

BUT, if you are not sure whether to offer commission or charity, offer charity.

It's much easier to evolve from a charity spot to a commision spot, yet it's almost impossible to do the reverse.

If you have a location earning $15 per month, it doesn't deserve commission.

For locations like that, charity is your best bet.

But, don't blame "commission" for those locations you lost.

Chalk it up to "inexperience".

It sounds like the problem was the commission you offered may have been too low and/or the earnings at said locations didn't justify paying commission to begin with.

Do commission the right way before deciding whether or not it's for you.

In theory, offering commission to all your locations may sound like a good idea, but it's not.

Your point about wasting the location's time giving them $1.50 is true....and, more importantly, it's a waste of your time too.

Low earning spots won't work for commission.

If you "refuse to do commission", you will have a very hard time earning more than that $15 per-month/per-head from locations.

And while $15 from a single will make some people happy, it's ok to expect more.

And the only way to average more per head/location is to pay commission at better spots.

You can get into some better spots where you will pay more in commission alone after one month than some of your charity singles will earn in a whole year!

It's true...you can give commision and pay more monthly at some commission stops than most charity-spots earn all year...and I'm talking about what you will pay...just imagine what you can earn.

Those locations are out there, but you have to be willing to offer commission.

Offering charity won't get your machine through the door at those places.

Once a vendor is past the start-up phase of their vending business I don't recommend doing only charity.

You wouldn't carry only a hammer in your toolbox...You'd carry a screwdriver too.

Why not do both charity and commission?

With time/experience, you will be able to read a location before you pitch a machine...you will be able to offer comission from the get-go to the RIGHT spots.

But, one rule of thumb can be this: If the location doesn't look like it would merit a 5-way rack...DO NOT offer commission.

BUT, if you are not sure whether to offer commission or charity, offer charity.

It's much easier to evolve from a charity spot to a commision spot, yet it's almost impossible to do the reverse.

Still dissagree because I don't group my racks average with triples, but even for my racks I am strict charity. This includes my food lion locations that can do close to 5 figures each annually. Or for some of my uturns that do $100+ a month. But I guess we all have our ways

Still dissagree because I don't group my racks average with triples, but even for my racks I am strict charity. This includes my food lion locations that can do close to 5 figures each annually. Or for some of my uturns that do $100+ a month. But I guess we all have our ways

In post #4 you mention you refuse to do commission because you were losing too many locations when you did it before.

You gave the impression that you were losing the commission spots because owners didn't want to be bothered with commission amounts of about $1.50.

Are you now saying you have charity locations earning almost 5-figures annually, and u-turns earning $100 per month, but your commission spots were earning only just enough to pay a couple dollars commission each month?

Seems like regardless of what your well-earning charity spots are doing for you NOW, you were STILL doing commission at the WRONG locations in the past.

So, my point stands....you have given up on commission without ever having done it the right way.

But, regardless, as you mention, we all have our ways.

I just know I would have my competitors taking all my good earners if I tried doing what you are doing around here...especially if I were only donating 10% to charity or, WORSE, using a $1-per-month sticker on those racks earning 5-figures.

To be safe, I recommend you don't mention any more of your charity hot-spot locations on a public forum.

Archived