Has anyone had any luck vending cashews

bulkvendingwizard

I had 3 locations approach me which are primarily adult traffic locations:

Mexican Bar/Restaurant

High End Car Dealership

Pizza Parlour

And requested cashews. I stated that due to the COG's i usually didn't put cashew in the locations.

All of these have PMM in them with an average of 20.00 per month with PMM

Do any of your operate cashews if so how many do you give per vend. I know COG's are high but these might be good sellers in these locations. I figured I would only put one can per globe and as a worst case if i can get 1/3 to be a hot spot on cashews i could cycle the other 2 heads out the next month...

Suggestions?

My advice is to stay away from all nuts. I used them for a while when requested, but it's not worth the bother. My standard answer is, "they just won't stay fresh." Sometimes it's OK tell the customer No if you tell them in the right way. I dealt with nuts in some machines for a couple of years though before I came to this conclusion.

Now if you decide to to use cashews anyway, make it a 50 cent vend, as previously suggested. They are crazy expensive.

Cogs are too high for .25 vend. Must be at .50 per vend to make it worthwile. Also be careful of bug problems with any kind of nut, you have to replace often to keep bugs away. I used to do cashews at one time and had to discontinue because of cost and bugs. Not really worth the time in my book.

Caserri and others have suggested freezing the nuts to kill the bugs/bug eggs prior to placing the product. I haven't tried it so I cant vouch for it but it would definitely be worth doing if it saves a machine-full of product.

Nuts and cashews are expensive and I yanked them out of a stop I bought because of nuts. Threw the whole machine in the dumpster out back it was so bad. I have no intention of using nuts in a location.

If I have to I will buy them a can of Planters for a Christmas gift if they really want them that bad.

Archived