where to get barbercut plexi

dogcow

Got a barbercut lite cheap but the plexi is all messed up where can I get replacement plexi?

I went to a glass company and got plexi cut and bent for a dino vend cost arount 100. Getting the plexi and cutting is no problem but you need a pro to shape it. Hillbilly may have a trick to doing it. How cheap did you get it if you don't mind me asking. I need a few more

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

I did get it made a little thicker...

You know how many conversations I had with Namco about that?

I always laugh when I think of what one supplier said to me which was they should of just made the machine out of cardboard.

Fred

i like lexan (polycarbonite) alot better than just plain acrylic .. acrylic is harder and wont scratch as easy as lexan but it will crack..the problems i see with barber cuts is melting holes in it and sticking hangers in there with those little "crackhead torches" sold at c stores.. lexan wont help with that as it will melt also, tempered glass would be only solution there..

but as far as just replacing it and not really improving it you can get polycarbonite and bend it with sheet metal break easily or of course make you own cheap break with some stout 2X4s and some c clamps and bend it your self.you can also drill polycarbonite with slow drill and not worry bout it grabbing and breaking like just plain plexi acrylic ..you can cut with saw and not break also...really its easy for jsut somebody wanting to make their own fixes to machines with tools they have around the house..

that was always my hard thing about replacing stuff on my own (before i went all out with cnc and stuff like now) was finding somebody that understood what i wanted and being able to replace parts.. I could call the factory but of course they want a arm and leg to get simple plastic piece that im sure only costs a few bucks to make ..so i would go searching local glass shops etc and wasting all my time trying to save a few bucks...Lexan or whatever polycarbonite brand you use is so easy and forgiving to work with for a guy in his basement garage, no heat guns or fancy "router speed" cutters required!! plus its basicly bullet proof and cant be broke even with sledgehammer when put in machine!

ron

Archived