How many people have websites?

ruff84

She means how did you put your website together.

The site was built with Godaddy's "website builder" product.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDYQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.godaddy.com%2Fhosting%2Fwebsite-builder.aspx&ei=9kcAUZytJ7S10QHDrICoBQ&usg=AFQjCNH_abdQZ1kVrb0hhfHeoQJZzLAV1A

As I mentioned in my latest email, Google Sites (sites.google.com) offers a nice and very affordable option, too.

Oh, sorry. I used go daddy they have a website builder with ore made templates or make ur own and it was fairly simple just fine tuning now.

Total cost for web hosting was 1.77 for the year.

The actual website cost me $5 a month. Cheaper if you buy the whole year instead of paying buy month.

no offense that site looks pretty bad,i would rather have no website than one that looks bad, spend 100 bucks and have a professional do it for you or use a wordpress template

Well, it's a work in progress i really just wanted to get something done and out there and fine tune it.

Alright my sight is up, I have noticed a few things I would like to change.

Anyone else see something that could be changed for the better?

Yeah.

That black on gray is hard to read Ruff

Updated the site a little. Still need to add another page of types of machines I can provide.

I'm still not that happy about the site colors so I will probably still change things around till I like them.

Updated the site a little. Still need to add another page of types of machines I can provide.

I'm still not that happy about the site colors so I will probably still change things around till I like them.

Aside from the Oreos looking like "road apples" it's looking a lot better - that blue script really helps

One more question, I would like the last page to be machines that I will be offering. Only problem is I plan on telling the potential client that it machines will be installed with in 30 days and during that 30 days I will locate and buy said machine.

Is this normal practice?

After I get a few locations I plan on buying a few machines and holding them in storage till I need them or of I get a massive breakdown I can't fix at the location.

Should I just put Picts of possible machine I will offer or just not advertise the type of machine at all?

One more question, I would like the last page to be machines that I will be offering. Only problem is I plan on telling the potential client that it machines will be installed with in 30 days and during that 30 days I will locate and buy said machine.

Is this normal practice?

After I get a few locations I plan on buying a few machines and holding them in storage till I need them or of I get a massive breakdown I can't fix at the location.

Should I just put Picts of possible machine I will offer or just not advertise the type of machine at all?

I don't know. This sounds like a risky idea. You'll be putting yourself in a position of potentially not being able to fulfill orders, and you can't be sure of what used machines you'll have access to.

I just see potential problems with it. If there was a supplier or reliable source of vending machines, I guess that would be worth a try.

Why not just list brand new machines you know you can order from a reputable company? Just an idea.

One question I have for you--how do you plan to get potential customers to visit your new website?

Is this normal practice?

Ruff,

If you get a new account, you'll need to be able to supply machines within a week. I always have a least a pair in reserve ready to go in addition to any good deals I see along the way. If you don't have the space to do this then that's unfortunately where the pro refurbishers come into play - you'll have to suck it up and pay their premium.

There's no way a new account will wait up to thirty days to get the equipment installed and running.

I don't know. This sounds like a risky idea. You'll be putting yourself in a position of potentially not being able to fulfill orders, and you can't be sure of what used machines you'll have access to.

I just see potential problems with it. If there was a supplier or reliable source of vending machines, I guess that would be worth a try.

Why not just list brand new machines you know you can order from a reputable company? Just an idea.

One question I have for you--how do you plan to get potential customers to visit your new website?

I am still working on ways to get myself out there. I will be putting flyers up in various establishments. I am also going to get on the local chamber of commerce website. Still trying to think of new ways aswell.

Ruff,

If you get a new account, you'll need to be able to supply machines within a week. I always have a least a pair in reserve ready to go in addition to any good deals I see along the way. If you don't have the space to do this then that's unfortunately where the pro refurbishers come into play - you'll have to suck it up and pay their premium.

There's no way a new account will wait up to thirty days to get the equipment installed and running.

I'm glad I asked then, I have already begun the search for equipment and have found 2 soda machines and 2 Snack machines for very good prices that hopefully a can acquire soon.

Worst case scenario there is a refurbisher about 130 miles from me if I got in a pinch.

I could get a machine within a week if need be from him if I don't have a couple on hand by then.

Should I post Picts of machines on my site? Or is a picture of a potential machine that important to a potential client rather then me just saying I provide newer quality equipment?

I'm glad I asked then, I have already begun the search for equipment and have found 2 soda machines and 2 Snack machines for very good prices that hopefully a can acquire soon.

Worst case scenario there is a refurbisher about 130 miles from me if I got in a pinch.

I could get a machine within a week if need be from him if I don't have a couple on hand by then.

Should I post Picts of machines on my site? Or is a picture of a potential machine that important to a potential client rather then me just saying I provide newer quality equipment?

I don't have much experience with pitching them, but I wouldn't think potential locations would know what specific models they want. Rather, they'd know what size and features they need.

So, maybe just list sizes and features you can provide? If you need a photo, maybe a stock photo with several typical/popular machines?

I am thinking that most location won't really caught up on what the machine looks like. As long as it performs like it should and isn't all beat up. So when I meet with the the decision maker I will be able to see where the machine will go and take measurements and decide what will fit and then go from there.

Is this normal practice?

When a prospective account asks when I can I get machines in my response is something like, "I typically like to give the existing vendor a thirty day notice as is typical in our industry." A followup question, "Have you already notified the existing vendor that he needs to remove his machines? If so, I would be happy to accelerate the installation schedule so you are not inconvenienced any more than necessary."

That tells them you will install in 30 days but will accommodate them if its needed sooner.

When a prospective account asks when I can I get machines in my response is something like, "I typically like to give the existing vendor a thirty day notice as is typical in our industry." A followup question, "Have you already notified the existing vendor that he needs to remove his machines? If so, I would be happy to accelerate the installation schedule so you are not inconvenienced any more than necessary."

That tells them you will install in 30 days but will accommodate them if its needed sooner.

That is very good info. Thanks

Ruff,

I'd keep your pictures very generic - basic black snack machine with a standard bubblefront style soda machine should work. Most vendors could not tell the actual make and model from just a website picture, much less your customers. On the soda machines, avoid "branded" graphics like Pepsi or Coke - I like the waterfall graphics myself. Your customers won't know one from the other as long as they work, look presentable and you keep them stocked.

Re: Mission's post - if you're moving out another vendor, the one week rule changes depending upon how soon the other guy gets his machines out. But you need to be ready to move in quickly at this point.

Archived