Commission for a double head candy machine

GagesVending

I'm going to place a machine tomorrow located by Locators R Us. It's a Mexican restaurant and in the notes, it says that they want a commission, rather than supporting my charity. I like Mexican restaurants, so I'm willing, but how much is fair? I'm thinking 20-25%. It's for a brand new Beaver double head with Peanut M&Ms and Skittles.

Unless your doing a high profit product, like GB's, I wouldn't do comm on candy machines for a couple of reasons. First and foremost the the returns off most candy are way to small to be splitting up for any decent commission, will end up either not being worth your time, not worth theirs, or more likely both. The second is connected, as a location, how long do you think they are going to be willing to get $1-3 dollars a month as commission from your machine, before they decide it's not worth it and ask you to leave, meaning you made almost no profit but get to do all the work of delivery and then pick-up. Mexican places are great though, I would go and talk to them about commission but on a toy rack AND candy, now that would be worth your time and theirs.

I just got back from the Mexican restaurant; the manager isn't in, so I'll go back tomorrow to place it. The restaurant is upscale, in a wealthy neighborhood. This is exactly what I wanted because these are brand new Beaver candy machines, so it's a worthy location to pay commission. Agreed, paying a commission is not ideal, but in this situation I'm okay with it.

I have a couple candy locs that are commission one is 15% the others are 20% but I insist on having a gumball machine there as well to absorb some of the loss of revenue from the lower profit candy

They usually agree to it

I have a few spots that are all candy that I pay commission on. They are all good performers and the restaurants insisted on the commission. I pay 25% of net at the Mexican restaurant and 20% of gross at a wings and a deli restaurant. It seems pretty profitable to me. They are also almost within walking distance (the three restaurants) so that helps.

Alright great ideas guys! So there's not a lot of space in the restaurant, so I placed the double head, and if it does well, then I will talk to the owner about upgrading to 4 heads. He claimed that before he's gotten 40% in another restaurant, but he settled for 25%. There's no way I could have paid 40%.

Archived