How much do you pay for permits? What is the most that someone is charged?

I have a County permit $40, but when I wanted to set a machine in a small town (500 people or so) I was told that this town also has a permit fee that is $100 that is needed above and beyond the county permit.

I was only going to set a few machines in this town, but with this price I can't afford to set my machines.

How much do you pay in fee's and for permits? I wonder what is the most someone pays.

Thanks

Wow, $140 just to place a bulk machine? That's insane; I have a couple of locations that barely make more than that in a year. We don't have permits for bulk machines in my state. Did you carefully read the requirements for permitting in your area? The permit requirements may only apply to large machines like snack and soda machines. I'd be double checking the permit requirements to make sure they really apply to bulk machines.

• 2 months later...

What are the permit fee's for Southern California? More specifically the Inland Empire? I thought I found something but I think that is more for food handling? They said they have to inspect your equipment? Is that true?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in Houston. I get hit for $400/year for the business lic, state permits are $75/machine (only electronic, ie cranes, video and not bulk racks), Harris county wants in on the action for I think it is $40/machine (if I remember that correctly), and City of Houston (and all the other townships) want in at around $20/machine. It is all very loosely enforced but they will occasionally call you on the carpet and make sure your machines are up to date.

I can see the business lic to some point but the rest is a just an obvious money grab. I can see how they use all the money to protect the public from the evils of the rouge crane machine.

Archived