DN 501

I have a DN 501 S 2 that isnt working.I was cleaning the changer a mars 6010 xv and dropped the top part that detaches.needless to say the machine stoped working.when I- tried to click the coins out of it it would say that the slots had zero coins in it.I assumed it needed a new changer so I bought a used one on ebay.I put it in and still the same issue.assuming the part I got on ebay works,what can I do to get my machine up and running again??

I'd say you have a harness problem. Each of the coin tubes have three sensors in them that tell the control board the coin status. The bottom one tells the validator it can't make change when the coins drop below that level and the top one tells the mech head to send the coins to the hopper because the tube is full. I'm not too sure what the middle one does but the chances of all those sensors being bad is remote at best. I don't own any 6010s but I do have about twenty of the 6000s - I think the only difference is the operating voltage.

The mech head (the part you dropped) has one sensor that measures the coin diameter, one that detects metal content and a ceramic plate on the bottom of the slide that weighs the coins - I'm told that the ceramic plate is fairly fragile but I've never broken one myself

would you have a changer thats compatible for sale?I have a 16 pin 24 volt changer in the machine. I had someone look at it and they believe the power supply is out in the changer.thanks for your help!

That doesn't sound right - there shouldn't be any power supply in the mech itself, that comes via the harness. I'm thinking your problem lies past where the mech plugs in - that's where the power supply is (you might also look for a blown fuse).

You're in Illinois - PM Walta, he's in Missouri and repairs machines (seems to know his stuff). It's unlikely that both mechs are bad.

Ps. Make sure you give him the model of the machine as well as coin mech itself - this should help him pin point the problem better

all fuses are fine.the tech said its as if there is no coin mech and advised me to try another mech.

I hate to see you keep buying mechs, the control board is obviously not "recognizing" them or you could manually dispense coins via the control panel.

Hang on and see if Walta will reply - he's usually pretty active on the full line forum but I haven't seen a post from him for several days - hope he's ok.

Technivend is also very knowledgable as his company also refurbishes machines - it's just hard to diagnose these things when you're not there so we end up giving educated guesses.

I got your PM but I will reply here in case someone else has the same problem. The first thing we should do is confirm that your changers do in fact work. If you have another machine that uses this type of changer I would try it out in that machine. Baring that it will be just a guessing game. Assuming the mechs are good you have something in the board that is obviously not liking what it sees. When you dropped the changer was it plugged into the machine?

First I would unplug the machine and check the harness for the coin mech. Then remove and replace all the wires on the board one at a time to be sure nothing got pulled out of wack. If all else fails just call Dixie while you are in front of the machine and they may be able to walk you through the settings to be sure nothing is out of the ordinary.

Archived