Vendor Co-Op?

Rick

I'm looking for a few other small-timers like myself who might be interested in pooling our resources for 1 & 2 inch product. Reply to this thread if interested and we can work out the details

Good question Nate. I figured the initial order would be made by one of us and then the others could send that person their payment + shipping. It'll end up being more for shipping overall, but the upside is that we'll each be able to get 150-200 units of 6-7 items for the same cost any of us would spend for two items on our own.

Wow that would be great. Is it really that much cheaper when buying in that quantity?

It's not cheaper overall but it's much cheaper to get your hands on several different products if we buy together. If a company sells a case of rings consisting of four bags of 250 units for $55 and we can get four vendors to share the cost, then we could each have a bag of 250 for $13.75 before shipping, instead of individually having to spend $55 on 1,000 units of a single item.

You may not really understand a co op. They way it works is a group of business owners agree on certain products from certain suppliers and neg. On pricing. Then the whole co op gets the pricing. Some times you have to commit to a min amount of product. When I was in the food business we did this all the time and saved a ton. But to clear it up everyone would place there own order. Maybe mike would give us the supplier point of view

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

You may not really understand a co op. They way it works is a group of business owners agree on certain products from certain suppliers and neg. On pricing. Then the whole co op gets the pricing. Some times you have to commit to a min amount of product. When I was in the food business we did this all the time and saved a ton. But to clear it up everyone would place there own order. Maybe mike would give us the supplier point of view

This is a co-op, but what you describe is not what I'm talking about. My goal is to be able to purchase small quantities of 6-10 capsule products without having to spend $400-$500. Looking for 4-5 people who want to do the same.

This is a co-op, but what you describe is not what I'm talking about. My goal is to be able to purchase small quantities of 6-10 capsule products without having to spend $400-$500. Looking for 4-5 people who want to do the same.

It could work but anytime you deal in small volume the shipping will eat your discount

I could see regional co-ops working espically when product is shipped to a center point and operators incorporate pickup with servicing there closest route. For instance Alabama, Georgia and Florida with pickup being around dothan or somewhere a little further east.

Someone will end up doing all the ordering, paper work, shipping etc. Why would anyone do it for free? While it looks like it might be a good idea, in the end it will raise the product cost and make everyone more work. Havending is right about the workings of a coop.

Perhaps I should have been clearer in my OP. I'm not seeking feedback as to whether or not this is a great idea or seeking the definition of a co-op. Please only reply if this is an arrangement you would be interested in. Thanks everyone.

Archived