MICE IN THE VENDING MACHINE

Unless it's a combo machine, there shouldn't be any openings in the cabinet. Mice can get through a very small crack - if you can locate where they're getting in, just lay a sticky trap there. If you can't find the crack then use a normal mouse trap and bait it with the rest of that Honey Bun.

Be sure to check your trap as mice smell pretty bad when they get ripe

check to make sure rodents cant get into the product door. check the spring tension.

if they are not getting in there, they are getting in thru a vent were the screen came off.

you will have to examine the whole machine closelly for thier entry way.

bare in mind, a mouse can jam inself thru a opening less then a quarter of a inch.

wait untill it gets back to the nest and tells the rest how to get into your machine.

just wait until spring too when the babies are born... man oh man.

It will make you want to jam a cat in there.

If you find one in the machine slap a $1 price tag on it.... ^-^

watch him get a ticket for vending uncooked food.

Mice only need a small hole to enter a machine. Once in, they don't want to leave. First you need to find where they are getting in and seal that off or eveything else is a waste of time. You may need to remove all the shelves and panel covers to look for the guy. They can hide on the back of a shelf(happened to me) and be hard to spot. Take your time to be sure and get them all. Just because you find one does not mean that is all there is. After removing the pest, inspect product and replace shelves. I would add a glue trap in the base as an added precaution.

Good luck

I've had this happen four times, three of them with a combo machine including a current problem with one.

One place I noticed droppings near the door and then one candy bar had a corner eaten. This same machine had problems in the prior location. One thing I bought that is still in use is a simple product you plug into the wall. It emits a loud noise too high pitched for us. I have it right under the machine. Haven't had a single issue since that went in. It's made by Victor. I know you can get them on Amazon and the reviews aren't stellar but for me it worked. I got mine at Home Depot but I checked a couple weeks ago and they no longer have them.

I checked because I have another location that has a combo and each time in for the past month I have found a single Austin Peanut Butter cracker missing a corner. That's it, just the one item and it's always the same thing. So, I've tried to close up the seal where the door meets the frame. I've placed a couple glue traps below and behind along with a couple snap traps in the same area. All of them baited with the Austin cracker. Just checked today and nothing yet, but the stupid cracker inside was eaten.

My dilemma is trying to take care of it without them knowing a mouse is getting in. If I'm in their spot I would be leery to buy anything out of there at all if I knew a mouse was in there.

I can't believe this stupid thing is eating a corner and leaving. I see no droppings anywhere. I'm going to plug in one of those sound things and see what happens.

No doubt one of the most frustrating problems I've encountered in vending.

HAS ANYONE HAD ANY PROBLEM WITH MICE .HAVE A MACHINE LOCATED AT AN ACCOUNT THAT DOES $150 A WEEK ITS BEEN THERE A YEAR NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS UNTILL TODAY A HONEY BUN HAD THE CORNER EATEN OUT OF IT .ANY SUGGESTIONS ?

What type of machine is it?

I have had this happen to me before where they where getting in somehow & having a party inside my machine. Once they find out how to get in they will keep coming back for more or even worse set up camp inside the machine. They will jump from shelf to shelf & nibble on everything so it will cost you a lot of money in damaged stock but it will cost you a lot more if your customers find out. It is one of the most frustrating things that can happen & it will drive you crazy unless you can stop it.

You could try using a plug in deterrent like loach33 suggested or even set up some bait stations under machine but it is hard to get them to take a bait when they have so many other options inside your machine.

I ended up swapping my machine out with another machine which they haven't got into again since "touch wood" so this mite be an option for you.

I currently have one in my van.Can't seem to find out where they're getting in,already caught 2.This morning I found he got 2 bags of munchies,he also took the bait out of my trap but still can't catch the slimy thing.

John

Yeah, I used to have a road rat - he was hanging out under the battery in my van. When I'd service my accounts he'd jump out and do whatever rats do. When he saw me coming back he'd jump back in. I saw this happen a few times - haven't seen him for awhile so I guess he finally got left behind

Yeah, I used to have a road rat - he was hanging out under the battery in my van. When I'd service my accounts he'd jump out and do whatever rats do. When he saw me coming back he'd jump back in. I saw this happen a few times - haven't seen him for awhile so I guess he finally got left behind

yea, hopefullymine will get out for some sightseeing and I can leave mine too.

john

Hmm! Never thought of bringing my pet gator on my routes with me! I'm sure he would stop any stealing from my truck.

mike

Archived