Need Advice Immediately!!!!!!!

gdono1001

So I posted a new topic yesterday about my vending "journey", but I need some quick advice. This guy is willing to sell me 20 new in box and almost new double head candy machines for $400. I know that's an awesome price, but I don't really want to hold onto 20 machines at  once. I told him I'd pick up 5 today and that's fine with him, he said he'll store the other 15 for a little bit, but he wants $400 for all 20 up front. I think he's afraid that I'll buy the first 5 and leave him another 15 machines for good. What should I do?:huh:??

If you do pay for them upfront I would pick them up.  Who is to say he wouldn't resell them, that is what I would be afraid of.  What kind of machine is it and are they all working?  Price seems right.

I know it would me. If we had agreed on a deal and then you came back and tried to change the deal to benefit you even more I would feel like I was not dealing with an honest person. You should have offered him less to begin with but that's in the past.  He already knows you think $400 is a fair price.

Always offer less than you are willing to pay when trying to make a deal.  Don't feel like you may be insulting people.  That's how you get great deals. Plus you can always come up.

The machines are crap, but that's an awesome price if only for the stands.  I can't get a double stand cheaper than $30.  You can buy the lot, throw away the machines and keep the stands and you will still be coming out ahead.  I would just buy the lot and just store them someplace until you can locate them.

Sorry GD, I didn't realise the $400 was already agreed upon.  If it were me I would walk away.  SSF are poor machines.  Maybe tell him you found a better deal, and act uninterested and say:  "Well, I might be able to do $250." and see what he says.  The worst he can say is no, and believe me, you get used to that when you try locating.

My $0.02

dperry, What don't you like about those machines ? They look really nice?

hmm.. where to start?  I only have have 2 SSF machines (2 heads, 1 stand), so I don't have extensive experience with them.  But having said that, I can tell you that while they do have metal mechanisms, they fall apart easily.  One of the two has a broken mech because the nut came off on the inside and the handle pulled out of the mech.

Also, they are no longer in business, so you can't buy spare parts for them.  Your best bet is to buy ones off of ebay to use as spare parts. 

While the mechs are metal, the body is cheap plastic.  It's not even the high-impact ABS plastic. The plastic they use is about the same material that they use to make bumpers on new cars.  You can scratch or cut it with ease.  Any bum can use a lighter to burn a hole in the base in just a few seconds and get access to the quarters.

I agree with everyone that these are not the best machines out there, but where we part ways is I think he should buy them.

The reasons are:

This gets him in the game at a very reasonable price, hes 16 and probably doesn't have a lot of capital to invest and this streaches it to the max. For the equipment cost of 3 Oak doubles on stands shipped, he can put 18 out on location and keep 2 in reserve for parts. Depending on how good he is at locating this should gross $200-$250 minimum per month. Going forward he will want to buy better quality machines, but for now this primes the pump and gets him a revenue stream that he can build his future business on.

A while back I was buying some used Northwesterns from this guy and he said "while you're loading up, take these too". He had several SSF/Vendworx doubles on the wooden stands that he was just giving me, but they were gnarly, obiviously on locations for a long time. So I think they will last long enough to pay for themselves and a better quality machine to replace them.  Tom

buy all you can aford too.once the machines are home not makeing money,that`ll be a big incentive to place them.it seems with me that if I have machines that are extra a location always comes up.

But then you have a headache trying to service machines that are broken.  you get calls, have to take it out, fix it, replace it, etc. 

In the short run this would be an outstanding deal, but in the long run it will turn into one heck of a pain IMHO.

buy all you can aford too.once the machines are home not makeing money,that`ll be a big incentive to place them.it seems with me that if I have machines that are extra a location always comes up.

But then you have a headache trying to service machines that are broken.  you get calls, have to take it out, fix it, replace it, etc. 

In the short run this would be an outstanding deal, but in the long run it will turn into one heck of a pain IMHO.

ya gotta start somewhere imo.then lets not forget that for  the stands alone its worth buying this deal up.surely these machines will make enough money to buy new ones with, without haveing to much trouble with them then he can keep the stands and put some nice northwesterns in place of the silent force.how many probloms can these machines have??

talked to the seller last night- I told him that I would buy 5 machines for $100, they didn't agree and wanted $30 a machine unless I bought the whole lot.....initially. I got an email about 2 hours after talking to them. This is what they told me:

"

After I talked to you tonight I talked to my parents again and they'd be alright with doing the 5 for now at $100.  Then you can decide after that if you want the rest of them.  Let me know if you still wanted to do that.   Thanks, Tiffany

"

What do you guys think? Should I buy 5 machines for $100?

David

For starting out I would say get the 5 for a quick ROI. You locate them yourself in a week or so. After 2 or 3 months they will be paid for. I have never used them but they should hold out for a few months I would think. During this time read all the reviews carefully on all the machines and ask questions. Try to narrow down what you want to use on your route and start saving to replace the SSF one at a time. If they are holding out then find a new location to build the fleet then when they start breaking down replace them with your new ones.

What do you guys think? Should I buy 5 machines for $100?

David

What does 5 machines mean?  10 machines on 5 stands?  If so, then I would take the deal.  It is very good even if the machines won't last like the others.  As other have said, get what you can to get started.  Once you start having success, you will be able to funnel that income into buying newer and longer-lasting machines.

Besides, if you are like me, you will have these machines lost or stolen within about 2 years anyways, so you don't want to put too much money into them in the beginning.