Should I buy? (new one...see pic)

dlsnyder65

Dave, buy em! That's a steal of a deal! Yes, like they said, they are Northwestern, which are a great quality! You could replace all of the locks on the rack for around $25-50. I would buy it for sure! It may be a little difficult to place, but you are definitely able to place it. I'd try restaurants, personally. I'd say that the rack is worth at least $400, so at $85 it's a no brainer!

Thank you...I did not even think about the fact that there might be money in them..I assume I can buy a generic key from Northwestern..Correct?

I just bought an Oak double head with no keys and they had $32 in quarters in them, and I only paid $35 for it! So, yeah it's possible! You could buy a key, but there are so many different key numbers, you may have to try 100 keys before you find the right one. I'd just drill them out and buy new locks, they're cheap on ebay. (about $5 each)

Sweet deal Dave! You won't regret it, trust me! I've been looking for a set-up like that, they are hard to get for that price! Yes, usually if you shove a tough flathead screwdriver in the locks and break those pins inside the locking mechanism, it will release and you'll be able to unscrew them. Just be careful, last time I did it, I broke off the screwdriver, and I couldn't drill through the screwdriver part...it was a fiasco to get into the machines at that point! I would use about a 3/8" bit and drill out both ends of the barrel locks to break those pins, that should make a clean break in.

Hard telling. I've heard Northwestern only likes to sell parts if you bought the equipment from them, but I don't know if that's true or not. They would need to know what key number you need though. There are probably about 100 different keys in that series, so your best bet is probably just to replace the locks.

Drill out the locks a 3/8" drill bit works good drill about 1/2 -3/4" deep just enough to get though the brass and then spin out with a screw driver. Look up Camlock or LAI or Wixcer get your own locks from them with your own key code. Locds are 5-7 bucks each and keys for a barrel lock is around 4 bucks each get a couple of keys and keep an extra.

Great buy I wish I could come across a deal like that.

Hard telling. I've heard Northwestern only likes to sell parts if you bought the equipment from them, but I don't know if that's true or not. They would need to know what key number you need though. There are probably about 100 different keys in that series, so your best bet is probably just to replace the locks.

I've never bought a machine from NW but I have bought parts from them. No problem.

Thanks Gage.. Do you think I could just buy a key from Northwestern?

Just buy new locks.

Thanks Gage.. Do you think I could just buy a key from Northwestern?

Also, make sure you look at the wheels closely in the 2 inch vend machines. The older machine had little teeth on the wheel that would break. It'll vend until it hits that broken tooth and then it'll jam. If ones broken you have to buy a new wheel. They are only five bucks or so. Just look at the wheel when you get it home. You will know if its messed up.

Well..I went to pick up the machines that the guy was holding for me and he sold them to someone else..Needless to say I was pissed but there was not much I could do about it. I guess it is a lesson learned. One good note...I got four new locations today and a possible 5th one as well!!!

I knew I should have jumped on it but it was an hour drive and I had to pick up my kid. I had made the deal with they guy and I hoped he would honor it. Oh well...

Gage,

I picked up five locations..The first is a restaurant and he has a 2nd one which is a diner that I am hoping to get. I knew the manager at this restaurant and he got me in.

I then picked up a gym for little kids. The guy that owns it has a Man Cave consignment business and he wants me to put in a machine there. He will also sell any machines I want on consignment. He also has another consignment business where he sells toddler and infant apparrel. I am debating whether I should put in a machine in this location as well.

Finally...Kick start sent me a location yesterday and it was in an apartment complex in a bad area. I took your advice and turned it down. This am they sent me a location at a pizza restaurant which is not the busiest place but near my house. They just sent me a 2nd location which is another pizza restaurant and a decent location which is also near my house. The weird thing about this is that I only asked for one free location and have not given them any money at this time. I guess I will have to pay them if I decide to keep the other location huh?

I only have five machines right now so I need to figure out what to do..I could put together one more machine but I will need to order a new globe for it...I am not sure what to do about kickstart. I need more machines. It really sucks that guy burned me yesterday. Any thoughts on this?

Pizza places are great! With Kickstart, you pay in advance before getting the location, so really, they should have already charged you, if they were going to. I'd just play dumb and place them both! ;D The restaurant also sounds good! The consignment shop isn't really something I would go for, but who knows?! Maybe try it and if it doesn't pay off, try something else! I got a dumpy pet store location from a buy-out awhile back and I thought why would they put a machine here? It has consistently done $20-30+/month. It's a great location, so you just never know! I'm in the same boat with needing more machines, because I'm cheap and only go for a good deal! :) But just check Craigslist everyday! It's a religious thing for me to search: "Candy machine" "Candy machines" "Gum machine" "Gumball machine" "Gum machines" "gumball machines" "Vending machine" "Vending Machines". The site doesn't know the difference of plural or singular, so search all of those and you'll come across more options!

Archived