Mexican Restaurant/Lounge: $______ (Beaver double head) *Just placed

Route 2:

Bowling Alley: $75.00 (Routemaster) Woohoo! ;D

Chinese Restaurant: $15.00 (Superpro)

Mexican Restaurant: $13.75 (1800)

Taqueria: $11.25 (Superpro)

Towing Co.: Skipped (Vendstar)

Check Cashing Store: $12.00 (Vendstar)

Route 3: The Vendstars here were from a buyout; I know some are ridiculous, but a couple are good.

Truck Stop: $39.50 (2 Vendstars, 1 Buzz Bites)

Barber Shop: $5.25 (4 Select UTurn)

Pizza Restaurant: $9.25 (Vendstar)

Tavern: $17.25 (Vendstar) *Also placed a Hershey's Nugget machine here today too!

Insurance Office: $8.75 (Vendstar)

RV Store: $7.25 (Vendstar)

Bar: $14.25 (Vendstar)

Car Lot: Skipped (Vendstar)

Transmission Repair Shop: $24.25 (Vendstar)

Pet Store: $25.50 (Vendstar)

Tavern: $41.00 (Vendstar) ^-^

Insurance Office: $8.50 (Vendstar) *2 months

Pizza Restaurant: $18.50 (Vendstar) *2 months

Car Lot: $6.50 (Vendstar)

Route 4: Will service this one next week

TV/Internet Service Provider: $_______ (Vendstar)

Bar/Restaurant: $______ (Lypc Single) *Good location, they only want a single, nothing bigger

Asian Grocery Store: $_______ (Vendstar) *Bad location

Mexican Restaurant: $_______ (Superpro)

Chinese Buffet: $_______ (2 Beaver double head machines) *This will be the first service, so we'll see!

I'm working on getting another new Beaver double head, Oak double head and a couple of singles ready for placement. I'm just getting started with 1" capsules, they should be here tomorrow, so I'm working on making some more stands. I've got 1 single head capsule vendor approved with the Chinese restaurant in route 1, it'll sit next to my 1800. I'm going to pitch an old Chinese restaurant location I got kicked out of because the owner didn't want candy anymore, with my Oak double head capsule vendor. It used to make about $30 a month in candy, so I'm hoping she'll let me put my capsule vendor there.

Route 4 was the worst route I've ever been on. Period. I have nothing good to say about it, it put me in a terrible mood and I'm seriously considering getting out of this business. Maybe I've just had an off-day, but I am very discouraged, and I can't afford to operate this way. The bar did okay, not as good as the first service, but they broke my chute door off the base, so now I get to replace the base/body of the machine and the chute door(since it's nowhere to be found). The Chinese buffet...let's just say...4 Brand new Beaver machines, $7.25 for ALL! This route was a complete loss.

Route 4 was the worst route I've ever been on. Period. I have nothing good to say about it, it put me in a terrible mood and I'm seriously considering getting out of this business. Maybe I've just had an off-day, but I am very discouraged, and I can't afford to operate this way. The bar did okay, not as good as the first service, but they broke my chute door off the base, so now I get to replace the base/body of the machine and the chute door(since it's nowhere to be found). The Chinese buffet...let's just say...4 Brand new Beaver machines, $7.25 for ALL! This route was a complete loss.

Seriously, this isn't enough to get discouraged over.

I don't do bulk, but over the Xmas/New Year period I had some happy campers decide to try to liberate drinks and chocolates from a glassfront combo - OK losing the maybe $40 of product is annoying, but the coin mech repair and 4 hours spent finding the missing spirals, replacing and resetting the spirals, and repairing the product delivery door which they bent was really annoying.

Not to mention they tried the following 2 days as well (with much less success because I very lightly reloaded the machine)

Another machine had the product delivery door ripped off and melted with a cigarette lighter.

BUT - those machines, even with that still covered their costs while the idiots were around, and are grossing around $220 per week at the moment (note this is a short term level as I'm in a location that is busy for about 6 weeks of summer, and 4 months of winter, with the rest of the year in the sub $100pw between all my machines)

For a newish route of only 5 locations, of which one was already marked as a bad location, I'd say you are in a position that is still in the learning curve of placement/returns.

Yes the bar might be rough on equipment, but will probably be a fair return in the long term - don't expect damage on every visit, and place the most bulletproof machines in the location you can.

The chinese buffet may be able to be turned around, give it more time, and try changing product - at worst drop it back to a double (or even a single), take the other 2 heads and find a new home for them.

Thanks for the advice! I'm sorry to hear about your issues with your machines! That would really irritate me! Since it's an on-going issue there, but does make money, maybe you should try wiring an alarm, so that when someone opens it, the alarm will sound and scare them off.

I thought about reducing the number of heads in the Chinese buffet, but the two doubles are chained together in the entry, about two feet from the doors. I strongly feel that they could get stolen, which being Beavers, it'd be a huge loss for me because I just bought them new a month ago, so it's quite the investment. With there being both heavy units chained together, it'd be quite a struggle to haul them all out of there! The bar, it really is a nice place. It's a nice environment and truly not a rough crowd, so it surprised me to see it broken. I thought about putting a Beaver or something more durable in there, but this location was a big decision for the owner AND manager :) to allow the little machine in there, and they liked this machine so I'll fix it next time I'm there. I have the replacement parts for it already, so that's not a problem. You're right, this is my newest route, which does only have 5 locations, but I'm almost questioning whether or not I should actually expand in that city. It's a college town with a lot of what I call "yuppies" (just earthy people and I'm not sure if they even eat candy!) haha!

Hello everone! I am thinking about going into the bulk vending business. Im excited but im nervous as well, but hey life is about taking risk. Can anybody please tell me the top 3 machines that is worth buying? Are the beaver machine any good? I was thinking of starting only with one or two head for now. Also, what locators do you guys use? Are there a specific locators that has given you guys a great locations or is everone the same? Any info. Would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!

Are Beaver any good? haha that's funny! Beaver is the best! Now people will argue and say Northwestern is the best, but I've had more problems with my Northwestern Triple Play than any other machine of mine! Generally, most will say: Beaver, Northwestern and Oak. My favorites for singles are Beaver and deluxe T-Pico machines (Pro-Line or V-Line). They're pretty good machines. The Beavers are solid and I really am glad I bought them, but they are expensive. The T-Pico machines look nice, are pretty good quality and are cheap. I guess it depends on how much you are willing to spend. I started using Kickstart locations, but then switched to Locators R Us because they are cheaper. They are about the same in results. I've gotten about 1 killer location in about 5, and 1 horrible out of 5, the other 3 are fair to average, nothing special.

Hello everone! I am thinking about going into the bulk vending business. Im excited but im nervous as well, but hey life is about taking risk. Can anybody please tell me the top 3 machines that is worth buying? Are the beaver machine any good? I was thinking of starting only with one or two head for now. Also, what locators do you guys use? Are there a specific locators that has given you guys a great locations or is everone the same? Any info. Would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!

Why don't you use the search function. At least scroll through the first 4 or 5 pages of each section you are interested in and I think no I know you will find answer to all of your questions especially the very first topic in the bulk vending section.

• 1 month later...

Route 1: (in town)

Chinese Restaurant: $21.25 for 2 weeks, I'm there weekly so I keep an eye on them and service at my leisure (1800 candy machine, 50 cent Lypc toy double)

Taqueria: $8.25 (Superpro)

Mexican Restaurant/Lounge: $13.00 (Beaver double head)

Insurance Office: $4.50 for about 3 months **Will be pulling soon, it was my very first location so that's why I've bothered with it.** (NWTP)

Route 2:

Bowling Alley: $112.75- Total after commission and charity payments (I serviced it twice) (Routemaster and Beaver double with candy/toys) Woohoo! ;D

Chinese Restaurant: $17.50 (Superpro)

Fast Food Style Mexican Restaurant: $28.00 (1800 with candy and toys) **Good pulls, but I was perturbed that they moved my machine in the back and put my competitor's machine (who pays commission) up front, where mine used to be. I don't want to push my luck by asking them to put it back in front because I'm afraid they'll say they don't have room anymore and kick it out.**

Taqueria: $13.50 (Superpro)

Towing Co.: 7.25 (Vendstar)

Check Cashing Store: $14.50 (Vendstar)

Route 3: The Vendstars here were from a buyout; I know some are ridiculous, but a couple are good.

Truck Stop: $46.25 (2 Vendstars, 1 Buzz Bites)

Barber Shop: Skipped (4 Select UTurn)

Mall Security Office: $6.25 **New Location, about 2 weeks** (VendStar)

Pizza Restaurant: $16.50 (SuperPro)

Tavern: $49.75 (Vendstar and Hershey's Nugget Machine) **They love those Hershey's!! It was empty!!**

Insurance Office: Skipped (Vendstar)

RV Store: $9.00 (Vendstar)

Bar: $15.25 (Vendstar)

Car Lot: 7.50 **2 months** (Vendstar)

Transmission Repair Shop: $27.00 (Vendstar)

Pet Store: $23.25 (Vendstar)

Tavern: $51.75 (Vendstar) ^-^

Insurance Office: Skipped (Vendstar)

Pizza Restaurant: Skipped (Vendstar)

Car Lot: Skipped (Vendstar)

I'll be servicing route 4 next week. About a month ago I fixed the Lypc single in the bar and I pulled one of the Beaver doubles in the Chinese buffet. I put an Eagle single with toys in it's place, so there's 3 heads there now. Route 4 is not a moneymaker, so I'm hoping to get a least one great location there to make it worthwhile!

So then what does that bring the gross to for the month? Was this month better or worse than last month? Any changes to the route in the foreseeable future?

Over $400 gross so far. It's not much, but vending is simply a hobby business for me. It is better than last month. I've already made lots of changes up till this point such as: adding capsules to my routes, buying less triples and more singles to build doubles with, and removing plain M&Ms from all locations (they don't sell). I've been waiting on LRU to secure 3 locations for me in the route 3 area. I asked them about 2 weeks ago to get laundromat and tavern locations, but still nothing...for laundromats I'll be getting capsules out there, taverns, candy sells great! I ordered some new capsules, so they'll be here this week so I will change up the toys a bit too. Do you have any advice?

Not really. Never had the chance to do toys. Got out of it before I could do it. I think you are going about it the right way. As I and others have said vending is a work in progress. Never be totally satisfied where you are at. There is always room for improvement. Carry on and I look forward to your future reports.

Not really. Never had the chance to do toys. Got out of it before I could do it. I think you are going about it the right way. As I and others have said vending is a work in progress. Never be totally satisfied where you are at. There is always room for improvement. Carry on and I look forward to your future reports.

Thanks! There's a great deal on a bunch of Uturns on Craigslist. I think I might snag them for about a $100 a piece! Kidding!!! NEVER again! ;D On a serious note though, the hoops seem like a fun and space-saving machine! Good luck on getting those ones in storage out on location! Just curious, what's your gross average on those? I would imagine it's better than a standard single head gumballs/bouncy ball machine.

Thanks! There's a great deal on a bunch of Uturns on Craigslist. I think I might snag them for about a $100 a piece! Kidding!!! NEVER again! ;D On a serious note though, the hoops seem like a fun and space-saving machine! Good luck on getting those ones in storage out on location! Just curious, what's your gross average on those? I would imagine it's better than a standard single head gumballs/bouncy ball machine.

Now if you did that (buy those uturns) I might have to take my words back. Since you are just kidding we'll leave it at that. My hoops don't do real well. I actually do a whole lot better with the mint honor boxes. That's where I clean up. They avg. around $18/month.

I have a Chinese Buffet and was excited about it when the locator got it for me. It never occured to me that A) clientelle are mostly adults and B) it IS a buffet and they eat till stuffed...leaving no desire for candy. :( This past month was actually my first month where it did fairly well. Guessing a new employee must have gotten hired or they picked up a regular customer that really likes candy?

Hope yours does better.

I think your numbers look good for being pretty new. I have 19 locations and this last month (which was a 2 month cycle) collected about $400 (missed about 5 stops so that was for about 15 machines). It's easy to think it isn't much...but it adds up over time.

Also, if the bar is a dive bar (I have a couple) they don't care what the machine looks like - as long as it dispenses candy. I have a few with missing doors and I've never replaced them.

Now if you did that (buy those uturns) I might have to take my words back. Since you are just kidding we'll leave it at that. My hoops don't do real well. I actually do a whole lot better with the mint honor boxes. That's where I clean up. They avg. around $18/month.

I only have one Uturn (it ended up being free and was new in the box when I bought it, I sold it's twin for the price I paid for both) it's junk and the location was broken into earlier this week and I was secretly hoping they would have stolen it...but it's still there, so I guess the guy knew better!! :) That's surprising that you're not making more on the hoops! I guess I won't spend the extra money on trying them. I haven't tried mint boxes, I'll have to think about trying that.

I have a Chinese Buffet and was excited about it when the locator got it for me. It never occured to me that A) clientelle are mostly adults and B) it IS a buffet and they eat till stuffed...leaving no desire for candy. :( This past month was actually my first month where it did fairly well. Guessing a new employee must have gotten hired or they picked up a regular customer that really likes candy?

Hope yours does better.

I think your numbers look good for being pretty new. I have 19 locations and this last month (which was a 2 month cycle) collected about $400 (missed about 5 stops so that was for about 15 machines). It's easy to think it isn't much...but it adds up over time.

Also, if the bar is a dive bar (I have a couple) they don't care what the machine looks like - as long as it dispenses candy. I have a few with missing doors and I've never replaced them.

You're right, two of the taverns that did around $50 were dive bars, and they are junky machines. The other two are pretty nice, so I felt like I should fix the Lypc. The Chinese buffet would be fantastic, but mine has about 3 racks, and a triple in there, along with my machines! Way too much competition, but mine are charity and the racks are about 30-40% commission. That's too bad to hear about your buffet location. I'd suggest toys, but since they are mostly adults, that wouldn't work. Tailor your candy (if you haven't already) to adult candy (Reese's Pieces, PMM, Mike&Ikes and sometimes Skittles/Hot Tamales). Hopefully you can get the sales up in your buffet location! The rest sounds great!

Just serviced Route 4 today:

TV/Internet Service Provider: Closed-Skipped (Vendstar)

Bar/Restaurant: $30.00 (Lypc Single) *Good location, they only want a single, nothing bigger

Asian Grocery Store: Skipped-Service every 2 months (Vendstar) *Bad location

Mexican Restaurant: $13.00 (Superpro)

Mexican Restaurant: $1.00 (Single head with toys) **I moved the machine next to the door because it was hidden when you opened the second set of doors and switched to better toys, next month will be much better**

Chinese Buffet: $8.25 (Beaver double head, Eagle single head capsules) **I removed the Beaver double and put a Play and Score Coin Launcher machine with Skittles and put different toys in the Eagle**

• 3 weeks later...

Great post!!! Thanks for keeping it updated and posting your results! Since I am just beginning in the bulk biz I like to hear peoples stories and to see what I can kind of expect from bulk vending! Keep us updated!

• 4 weeks later...

Corvallis Route:

*TV service provider: $7.50 (Vendstar)

*Mexican restaurant: $3.75 (Oak Vista Double, Downgraded to Lypc Single)

*Bar: $25.00 (Lypc Single, Upgrading to Oak Vista Double)

*Asian Grocery: Skipped (Vendstar)

*Mexican restaurant: $7.50 (SuperPro Triple)

*Mexican restaurant: $3.00 (Toy Single)

*Chinese Buffet: $9.75 (Play and Score and Eagle Toy Single)

Lebanon Route:

*Bowling Center: $61.75 (After commission/charity for 2 weeks.) (Beaver 4 head rack, Beaver double)

*Chinese restaurant: $15.00 (SuperPro Triple)

*Mexican restaurant: $18.75 (1800 triple with toys/candy)

*Mexican restaurant: $8.25 (AA double toys/candy)

*Towing Co.: Skipped (Vendstar)

*Check cashing: $2.50 (Vendstar)

Eugene/Springfield Route:

*Truck stop: $48.00 (2 Vendstar, Buzz Bites-Removed 1 Vendstar and added a peppermint patty machine)

*Night club: $15.50 (SuperPro Triple) **Someone shoved a cardboard blank in the mech and jammed it, so it lowered sales potential/

*Chinese restaurant: $18.75 (After commission) (SuperPro Triple) **Fixed jammed mech, added an Oak toy single

*Truck repair: Skipped (Vendstar)

*Pizza: $14.75 (SuperPro Triple)

*Barber shop: $22.50 (Uturn... :wacko: )

*Mall Security Office: $23.00 (Vendstar)

*Tavern: $58.25 (Vendstar, Hershey machine)

*Insurance: Skipped (Vendstar)

*RV parts store: $15.25 (Vendstar)

*Bar: $21.00 (Vendstar)

*Car lot: $13.75 (Vendstar)

*Transmission repair: $27.25 (Vendstar)

*Pet store: $17.25 (Vendstar)

*Tavern: $41.75 (Vendstar)

*Insurance: Skipped (Vendstar)

*Pizza: Skipped (Vendstar)

*Car lot: Skipped (Vendstar)

Albany Route:

*Chinese restaurant: Not yet serviced (1800: candy, NWTP: toys)

*Mexican restaurant: Not yet serviced (SuperPro triple)

*Mexican restaurant: Not yet serviced (Beaver double)

I'm always making changes and improvements. I'm working on a deal with the Bowling Center in my Lebanon route to kick out a competitor's Toy N Joy and put in a 5 way AA rack. The manager is on board, he's just checking to make sure there's no contract in place. This has been a pretty decent month, hopefully next month will be even better! ;D

• 4 weeks later...

Any updates Gages? Love seeing the numbers! Inspires me to get to the size of your route ha. I am going to be doing my first pull next week some time (later in the week). Only up to 9 locations currently. ENjoy seeing the numbers though!

Any updates Gages? Love seeing the numbers! Inspires me to get to the size of your route ha. I am going to be doing my first pull next week some time (later in the week). Only up to 9 locations currently. ENjoy seeing the numbers though!

I'll be running my biggest route this Friday, so I'll post some numbers then.  From the Corvallis route I did yesterday, I pulled $43.50 from an Oak double, so I was happy about that!

Truck stop $39  (Popular:  peppermint patties, PMM)

Pizza $13.75

Chinese $14.75

Truck repair $4.25

Pizza $18.50  **Added toy single**

Mall Office $13.50

Tavern $28.25

Insurance $14.75

Tavern $18.25

Transmission repair $21.75

Pet store $24.75

Tavern $26.25

Insurance $18.50  **Found a silver quarter from here! ;D **

Pizza $14.50

Chevy dealer $15.00

Internet provider $1.25  :huh:

Irish bar/restaurant $43.50  **Manager told me their other bar/restaurant is wanting a machine too, so I should get another good placement!**

Asian grocery $8.25  **Pulled**

Mexican $9.25

Mexican $8.25

Chinese $12.75

I'll be servicing some more locations next week!  Most location's sales were down this month.  Hopefully they'll pick up again!

I serviced a couple of Mexican restaurant locations today.  It's been about two months since I last serviced them, even though they are right in town.  I was happy with the numbers!

Mexican restaurant/lounge:  $31.00  (Beaver double @ 25% Commission)  $23.25

**I enjoy going in there to speak Spanish with the guy that works there; he's always friendly and likes the Spanish, which helps build a good relationship; especially since this owner owns 4 other Mexican restaurant locations!  I'm hoping they'll switch over to all their vending to me!**

Taqueria:  $26.25  (SuperPro Triple @ Charity)

**Looking for another double head to vend toys there.  The competitors do very well with even the cheap toy mixes, so I need to swap the machine soon!**

Archived