Best way to close a deal with a location

vlavoie44

Hi,

I would like to know what is the best way to talk to the manager to offer vending machine services. Is it by cold calling, email, publicity or other ?

I started by cold calling but it takes a lot of time. I would save time if I would email them instead. Are email good or it's better to call them direclty?

Thank you

Email is the worst way! They won't reply. It takes a lot of time to place machines, it's an investment. Cold calling has worked for me, but in person is most effective because they can see you face-to-face, see the machine and it shows them that you are serious. Take the time to locate them or pay a locator to do it for you. Locating, for most people is the most difficult aspect of this business. Everyone would be in this business, if it was so quick and easy. You'll learn that it's not easy to get to speak to the decision maker either. You usually first talk to an employee, that may not have the power to make that kind of decision, and they will probably something like: "You'd have to talk to the manager/owner, and he/she isn't in." The best times I've found to locate machines is between 2-4 pm. Usually it's a slow time for business, and a lot of the times, the management is there. Expect to hear a lot of no's. The majority of the people you ask will decline. Most are nice, but a few will hang up on you, or get irritated. This is why you need to talk to a lot of people (and spend a lot of time) to get numerous yes's.

IMO I believe that face to face is the best way to locate because you get a relationship going from the getgo. It's not easy but over time things will come together and you will get better at it and have more success too.

Archived