Dixie Narco 501E Double Vending 12oz. Cans...

CobraGT40

Hey all

I'm new to the forum, and new to owning a vending machine. I got this unit from my work after we decided to go with a newer machine.

It was set up for 16oz Monster cans, 20oz bottles, and also Gatorade bottles. I want it to vend 12oz cans only.

I adjusted all the shims in the back to position #13 and all the cams to position #1, as per the instructions on the inner door. However, it seems to be vending two cans, then vends one can, then two cans, etc. etc. etc. ...

I've spent the last couple days monkeying with this thing and trying to find solutions online (that's how I've gotten at least THIS far). From what I can tell, I need to get the 12oz can shims ? Is there anything else I need to get as well ? I've been able to see a few topics in the forums about this very thing, but what I really would like is some "HowTo" pictures ? Visual aids would make a world of difference for me, as this is all still pretty new to this, but I can't seem to find any.

Any help is greatly appreciated !

Thanks !

Scott

1 Did you remove the bottle shims and install your can shims?

2 Did you install the rods in the cradles of the narrow columns?

Walta

Hi Walta

I actually did neither...and I'm certain that's the problem. I'm just not sure what I need to get, and where I can get it...or where they go or how they go in. The web is kinda lacking when it comes to searching for photos of parts and install...

Scott

Thanks, Charter, I'll give that a shot. I'm pretty handy at fixing just about anything mechanical...as long as I can see pics along with instructions. I've tried about every Google and You Tube search and came up with nothing on this subject. If I get this thing figured out, I'll be sure to do an instructional video or instructions with photos.

Thanks !

Scott

Get a hold of Vendors Exchange and inform them on what you are trying to do. They are a distributor of Dixie/Narco and will be able to help you with the parts and installation procedure.

OK,

I contacted a guy at Vendors Exchange and he got back to me right away, and was very courteous. He mentioned to me that the kit I needed was part # DIX60907260004 = $71.00... I have searched Vendors Exchange, Dixie Narco, Google, Ebay, etc and can't find this kit anywhere. I emaild back and he said that was all the information he could give me, and sorry he couldn't help.

Anyone know what kit this is, and where I can get it ?

Thanks !

Scott

If you look on the inner door panel you will find a label that will list the DN part numbers for the shims you need.

The part number you listed looks like venders exchange internal stock number and not a bad price either.

Walta

OK,

I contacted a guy at Vendors Exchange and he got back to me right away, and was very courteous. He mentioned to me that the kit I needed was part # DIX60907260004 = $71.00... I have searched Vendors Exchange, Dixie Narco, Google, Ebay, etc and can't find this kit anywhere. I emaild back and he said that was all the information he could give me, and sorry he couldn't help.

Anyone know what kit this is, and where I can get it ?

Thanks !

Scott

Hi Scott, the part# your looking at is also on the Betson website.. http://www.betson.com/products/amusement/DIX-60907260004

The description is a Conversion E 20 CC Count.

• 5 years later...

Hey Guys,

Im having this same issue.  

My Machine was previsouly used for Monster cans. 

How do i go about replacing the rods? and can i use the same shims that the monster cans use?

thanks!

Archived