What are your hobbies???

G-man422

Just curios what hobbies people have.  I have a few:  I collect old coins/money, love researching about cars, and just recently bought a metal detector online (it should get to me by Monday).  I'm pumped to go out around my area and try to find some treasure, lol.

So what do you do for fun? (besides the obvious.)

Fun? What is that?

We have 120 acres and run a few (read 5) cows, 3 Llamas, 100 rabbits, 3 dogs and a cat, so we stay pretty busy with that. I like the internet, so that counts as fun for me. we are off grid, so one hobby of mine is the solar system I developed and maintain. I am researching hydrogen and hope to make some out of water without blowing myself up.  We go to the movies once in awhile too.

After seeing Beer's response, I gotta add the BBQ and the beer making. Although the beer making kit is, as of this date, unused, it is my desire to make beer. I have enough for 2 batches (large batches) Thanks for reminding me about that!

Activities: RC Airplanes, BBQ, Cooking, Video Games, Geocaching, 2 Line Stunt Kites, Homebrew Beer, Kayaking, DVD Movies, doing Cardio or just laying around. Interests: Computers, Saltwater fishing, Guns, Koi Ponds, Orchids, Hockey, Metal Detecting, Civil War and WWII.

I don't have much for hobbies.  But I do enjoy some gardening, I have a humingbird and butterfly garden and a small veggie garden.  I like to eat out some.  Follow Nascar.  We also have a small hobbie farm.  Only 14 acers with 4 cows 1 bull and 3 calves, also 50+ barn cats and 2 house cats.  They are all feed and spoiled very much so.  I also sell Tupperware for fun, its an outing for me.  I do a couple of county fairs with that as well and enjoy them very much.

• 2 weeks later...

Gabe, do you know who Bob Butler is? He is a very experienced vendor who also collects coins and notes and even sells some of them out of his flat vendors. He is very helpful to everyone and has a website that is a great resource. Tom

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I love working in the yard. I really enjoy trying to to make my yard look nice. It is kind of like a long term challenge. I get to see the fruit of my labor whenever I go outside so it is nice.

I have a 2 year old and a pregnant wife so I don't have time to do much else. I do enjoy fishing, but only do it a little bit. Other than that...vending is my hobby. I love doing it. I look forward to doing something with it everyday. It keeps me entertained. I like making money, and I like the challenge of it. I have to be careful because I tend to obsess about it... then my wife ends up saying something to me about it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Honestly?  Since I work full time, vending is my 'outside' hobby.

Before vending, I used to be a BBS sysop.  I was a sysop for 15 years before I gave it up.  For those of you too young to know what a BBS is, it's basically the same thing as vendiscuss.com, but without all the fancy graphics.

I used to make modifications to my BBS, and write online games and applications for it.  But then they pretty much died down to nothing, so I gave it up.  Right about the time that I got into Vending.

I was so excited years ago when I got a good deal on a 14k modem from a friend who opened a computer store. Man I was hitting all the BBS in town, we must have had 20 local numbers to rotate between. I was just thinking the other day how people still run a BBS.

I was so excited years ago when I got a good deal on a 14k modem from a friend who opened a computer store. Man I was hitting all the BBS in town, we must have had 20 local numbers to rotate between. I was just thinking the other day how people still run a BBS.

They all do it on telnet now.  Very few if any use modems any more.  When I first got started, I used to have a node in Fidonet.  My node number was 1:143/324.

For those who are really interested, you can check out the BBS Documentary at www.bbsdocumentary.com

Honestly?  Since I work full time, vending is my 'outside' hobby.

Before vending, I used to be a BBS sysop.  I was a sysop for 15 years before I gave it up.  For those of you too young to know what a BBS is, it's basically the same thing as vendiscuss.com, but without all the fancy graphics.

I used to make modifications to my BBS, and write online games and applications for it.  But then they pretty much died down to nothing, so I gave it up.  Right about the time that I got into Vending.

That's funny man. I used to run them back in the day myself. I was mainly into the console "scene" :)

I used to run with the group Censor. Super Nintendo and Genesis, lol!

sterling, did you let the shark go after you took the picture? one of my favorite hobbies is to explore cemeteries, they are very peaceful and some of the artwork on the really old stones is truly amazing. i know it may seem pretty creepy to some people, but i love it. not to mention some of the names on the stones are super funny!

nah, they don't allow rubbings anymore, it damages the stones. i just like to take pictures. i love all the death masks and the different symbols that were used to signify who they were or their importance in the town. here is a picture of one of my favorites, Mr.Skelton Felton died 1749. love the name!

For all the pictures that you've taken, have you ever found any orbs or plasma in them when you take pictures in the cemetaries?  I was a big fan of the www.ghostweb.com website where they had pix like those.  They say that those orbs are evidence of ghosts.

One time I was looking at a real estate listing website that had many pix of the interior of this one house across the street from me that was for sale.  There were orbs in just about all the pictures.  Freaked me out.