bulbs

TKK

I need bulbs for a vendo machine. The bulbs are missing and they are the ones that only have one prong. It's about 6 feet tall. Also a polyvend older snack machine missing the top bulb. Anyone know these sizes?

I have 2 coke machines that don't have a bulb for me to look at. Think both are vendors. The polyvend top one is a smaller one tho

You can look on the ballast if you're not sure on the Coke machine. For snacks you have to measure the distance between sockets as they use F15's, F24's etc. The "F" number is the length in inches (usually). The ballasts on the snack machines often will drive a range of lamps sizes so you'll need to measure.

You can look on the ballast if you're not sure on the Coke machine. For snacks you have to measure the distance between sockets as they use F15's, F24's etc. The "F" number is the length in inches (usually). The ballasts on the snack machines often will drive a range of lamps sizes so you'll need to measure.

If you can get make and model Vendors Exchange can look it up and send you the right bulb on the Vendo. On the polyvend you might be SOL, those are so old and out of date that they might not carry that bulb unless it happens to fit another type of machine.

If you can get make and model Vendors Exchange can look it up and send you the right bulb on the Vendo. On the polyvend you might be SOL, those are so old and out of date that they might not carry that bulb unless it happens to fit another type of machine.

For the most part Mission, your soda machines will run F72T12CW slimline lamps - where F = length in inches, T = diameter in 1/8" increments and CW = cool white which is 41K (slightly in the blue spectrum). If you want a more dramatic effect, use D or daylight lamps (50K) - that's an old sign lighting trick.

I can't speak to the Polyvend machines in particular, but you should be able to find any lamp on one of the online lighting sites - there are several that can supply virtually anything if you know what you're looking for. It's better to buy your F72's locally due to their length (no shipping)

Of course, LED is really the way to go if you're looking at doing an extensive overhaul on your lights. With an efficacy factor (lumens per watt) of 2 to 1 over fluorescent and 4 times the life, LED is finally here to stay. There are 3 basic systems; 1. That you see on the vendor's supply sights, simply replace your existing fluorescent lamp with an LED lamp with the 12v transformer built in (where you simply bypass the old ballast). In my opinion, these are kind of pricey for what they are. 2. Complete fixtures 15" to 24" for snack machines - these have really come down in price and are now usually a cheaper alternative to rehabbing your old fluorescent system. 3, my choice are the LED ribbons with a 12v 60 watt step down transformer. These work great in a soda machine - just make sure to adhere the LED strips a metal plate as they really need that heat-sink. I use galvanized strips attached at the top and bottom of the inner door frame and stick the strips on and wire them up.

If you need any other lighting info, please feel free to PM me. With over 20 years experience in Commercial Lighting, I can tell you (how does that go?) more about lights than you will ever want to know ;D

Of course, LED is really the way to go if you're looking at doing an extensive overhaul on your lights. With an efficacy factor (lumens per watt) of 2 to 1 over fluorescent and 4 times the life, LED is finally here to stay. There are 3 basic systems; 1. That you see on the vendor's supply sights, simply replace your existing fluorescent lamp with an LED lamp with the 12v transformer built in (where you simply bypass the old ballast). In my opinion, these are kind of pricey for what they are. 2. Complete fixtures 15" to 24" for snack machines - these have really come down in price and are now usually a cheaper alternative to rehabbing your old fluorescent system. 3, my choice are the LED ribbons with a 12v 60 watt step down transformer. These work great in a soda machine - just make sure to adhere the LED strips a metal plate as they really need that heat-sink. I use galvanized strips attached at the top and bottom of the inner door frame and stick the strips on and wire them up.

If you need any other lighting info, please feel free to PM me. With over 20 years experience in Commercial Lighting, I can tell you (how does that go?) more about lights than you will ever want to know ;D

The problem with LED conversion on the polyvend is that even with the reduction in cost the LED strip will still cost more than the value of that scrap metal shaped like a snack machine .

smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-060.gif

the big pepsi machine had 72" t8 bulbs. the coke machines were like a foot shorter, need to go return them. also the polyvend is a 30" for sure with dual prongs

the big pepsi machine had 72" t8 bulbs. the coke machines were like a foot shorter, need to go return them. also the polyvend is a 30" for sure with dual prongs

Your big pepsi machine has an electronic ballast if it's using T8 lamps - check the ballast on your shorter machine before getting more lamps. It's using an F60 but if it has an electronic ballast then you'll need a T8 lamp instead of the T12. The 30" one is an F30 - again make sure you don't have an electronic ballast.

The smaller coke one has the exact same prongs as the other

Check your ballast TKK! The T12's and T8's have the same pins but the T8 works on an electronic ballast - this is an upgrade over the older ballasts. I'm surprised you've got an electronic ballast on your bigger machine

Where are the ballasts located tho

Follow the wire leads from the lamps back until you find something that looks like a black brick. On the top there is a label that will tell you exactly what lamps to use.

Follow the wire leads from the lamps back until you find something that looks like a black brick. On the top there is a label that will tell you exactly what lamps to use.

Are you charging for this info. You could be retired by now.

Ok so my coke machine needs like a 60-62" bulb there's none locally and the polyvend I think like a 30" one where can I find these t12s

Oh I don't know, maybe check Home Depot, Lowes or maybe even check with an electrical wholesaler.

Oh I don't know, maybe check Home Depot, Lowes or maybe even check with an electrical wholesaler.

Neither lowes or Home Depot are going to sell hen. The best bet is probably going to be an electrical supply or online. Check d & s

Archived