Going to test my Luck.

AmuseStar Vending Co

So, yesterday I was exploring the different vending boards, reading, and looking at the revenue reports. I noticed how well people were doing with triples, and candy vending as a whole. $20-$30 per machine every few months.

As I was talking with Robert Patterson last night, he was explaining how his machines average a good amount per month, and how he was doing good with candy. His triples were averaging MORE than mine did a few months ago. That "put the icing on the cake" for me. I'm diving, all in.  

So, I have this triple sitting in my basement. All dusty, and nasty. I woke up this morning, went out with friends for breakfast, and then we were going to go swimming. Well, I was so excited, I skipped the swimming, and hurried home to go "work". I started by taking this monster apart. I did, cleaned it, and it was looking mighty fine.

However, it had been sitting on it's back in my car when I pulled it off location. So, the left coin box had slid behind the lock, jamming it, and keeping it from opening. Well, I found that if you take the left candy wheel out (One by the lock) and slide the "Easy clean out" tab out, you can a screw driver, and pop the coin box out from under the lock.

Anyway, I hate those stupid spill tray. They make the machines look short, and bulky. So, I took it off, and the machine looks amazing. I encourage everyone to do that, it looks so cool.

I ran to Sam's, and got some candy. I picked up Skittles, Runts, and Peanut MM. I filled them 1/2 way to the top. Did I say the machine looks SO GOOD. It looks so much better, and with that said, I will buy more if this whole new candy thing works out.

Now, I must find find a location. I large break room. Look out, here I come!

Kyle      

I have three of those exact machines Kyle. They have been doing 400.00 - 450.00 (All three together) every 2 months for two years now. I would take a good candy spot anyday.

Mike

You might try a tanning salon with that set up and mix. My XYZ triple does like $20 a month in a tanning salon here. They have a few chairs for people to wait. Mothers bring their kids with them and they get them some candy to be good while they are baking away. It makes sense if you think about it.

Beer,

Will try one. Not to many around here however.

nzvendor,

This is an XYZ Triple, with the spill tray removed. All triples are the same tho, expect Vendstar and the SuperPro Vendor. If you have the opportunity, I say go for it. BUT, don't over pay. If you don't mind me asking, what are you going to be getting them for?

Hey,

They guy wants $250.00 for each one brand new. He imports them bulk. In my opinion that is a relatively good price considering that there are no manufacturers of Bulk Vending machines in NZ.

I'm going to offer him $230.00 for each machine though.

What do you think? How much do they cost in the US?

Well, I pay $125, shipped. I can't say to much, because I do not know to much about vending in NZ. Seems quite steep for US prices, however, that may be normal for your area.

What does everyone else think?

I attached a pic of the same machine, only a few months ago when it still had its spill tray!

Hey,

They guy wants $250.00 for each one brand new. He imports them bulk. In my opinion that is a relatively good price considering that there are no manufacturers of Bulk Vending machines in NZ.

I heard that vending is a bear in NZ.  When you open the top lid, all the candy comes falling out.

Thanks,

I just went to the currency converter online - and $250.00 does seem rather steep. If I bought that XYZ off of Ebay, it would cost me $159 NZD's.

I wonder how much shipping would be though!

We've talked about the DI in NZ but can't do that right now. We also make an all-metal, commercial grade triple, choice of 4 colors. I can drop ship directly from Tiawan, which will save shipping. Please let me know how many you're looking for and I'll get you a quote (VENDiscuss pricing, of course, which will be far less then $250.00...). A few on this board have the SuperPro Triple and can probably comment on it if interested.

Steve, spvg

Hey,

I heard that vending is a bear in NZ.  When you open the top lid, all the candy comes falling out.

Totally not sure whether that was a joke or what lol

Anyway, I hate those stupid spill tray. They make the machines look short, and bulky. So, I took it off, and the machine looks amazing. I encourage everyone to do that, it looks so cool.

For adult breakrooms, that's no big deal.  But be careful if the location has lots of kids.  They tend to drop more candy.  I have lost a number of good locations over the years due to the mess the kids make on the floor. 

Jax

Guth,

Nice job cleaning it up. It looks good. I have to tell you, I just got an XYZ Easy Pro and I love it!! I love the removeable candy containers and the fact that unlke my other machines...I don't have a triple bracket that bends under the weight of all the candy. Also, it is so much faster to service than Northwestern's triple. You don't have to pull the top off to get to the money. Just open the back and grab your cups of change. Changing out the candy is a snap if you ever need to do it. Good luck!

Joe 

For adult breakrooms, that's no big deal.  But be careful if the location has lots of kids.  They tend to drop more candy.  I have lost a number of good locations over the years due to the mess the kids make on the floor. 

Jax

I have put spill trays on my Elite singles.  As I go forward, Northwestern 60s will drill holes for me so that I just have to screw in the spill trays on those.  Its just neater and prevents candy on the floor which could lead to ants!:shock:

• 1 month later...

I am planning in future to put many triples in schools. I read that without a spill tray it will be a mess. Is that true for all of you?

I don't like the trays, seems to me that people drop their chewing gums and other candy paper on it, which gives the machine a garbage-image.