Questions about Routemaster triple head machines

triune

I was wondering if these machines are easy to service? Do they have interchangeable canisters or do I need to dig up the candy? Also, does the money fall in one tray or does each canister have their own tray? I would greatly appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Great machines! VERY easy to service, one cam lock on top, one on the back to remove quarters. Unfortunately, they do not have removable canisters, but some of them have a hatch on the back to help pour them out. All have a small opening in the hopper though to spill out if you decide to change product. They are supposed to include 3 separate coin buckets in the back to quickly remove the quarters, but a lot of the times buying them used, they aren't there. If the coin boxes are missing, then they all fall into the bottom together, but are still easy to scrape out. These are a lot easier to service than the single head machines because you don't have to lift up the top half of the machines to remove the money, it's as simple as a quarter turn of the lock.

I usually pay between $40-80 each for these machines and they are honestly my favorite out of all machines. 1800 are great too, if you are mostly interested in triples.

• 2 weeks later...

I had 35 of them, purchased brand new in 1994 and had all located for 7 years before deciding to sell. I only had 2 issues with all machine sin that time - 1) coin mechanism that needed to be replaced 2) had to replace the base on one because the nut was stripped out and it would wobble. I had no experience in bulk vending when I purchased the first 10 and was impressed once I started comparing to others that were around town. I still see some of them around town almost 18 years later.

• 1 month later...

Great machines! VERY easy to service, one cam lock on top, one on the back to remove quarters. Unfortunately, they do not have removable canisters, but some of them have a hatch on the back to help pour them out. All have a small opening in the hopper though to spill out if you decide to change product. They are supposed to include 3 separate coin buckets in the back to quickly remove the quarters, but a lot of the times buying them used, they aren't there. If the coin boxes are missing, then they all fall into the bottom together, but are still easy to scrape out. These are a lot easier to service than the single head machines because you don't have to lift up the top half of the machines to remove the money, it's as simple as a quarter turn of the lock.

I usually pay between $40-80 each for these machines and they are honestly my favorite out of all machines. 1800 are great too, if you are mostly interested in triples.

Are you able to change the wheel to vend 1" caps or gumballs?

Are you able to change the wheel to vend 1" caps or gumballs?

Gumballs? Yes. Capsules? No. The chutes are not wide enough to allow an acorn 1.1" capsule to roll down and out the chute door. I suppose if you used the round capsules that are gumball-sized they would work, although I have never tried it.

• 7 years later...
6 hours ago, Distructor said:

Does anyone know how easy it is to change the key/locks there is one in my area but it has no keys

If you're comfortable using a drill it's not that hard. There are plenty of YouTube videos that show how to do it. There are a variety of replacement locks online (eBay) that vary in price so you may want to research the additional cost before buying the machine.