major troubles with XYZ triple

ahha

I was wondering do you know anything about those xyz triple's? I have one that is giving me HELL.  Today i spent 40 mins at the location  they had an ant problem, the middle one keeps dumping candy in the drawer every time i have gone there. it's on weekly rotation as of now cuz its so much trouble. I am so unhappy with their machine i wonder if i can get a refund.  So now one of the mechanism jams up with the quarter..took it apart and got the quarter out...tested it a bunch of times and then put it all back together...tested it again? and jammed up again.. So  that slot is empty..it had the trail mix...because i wasn't about to spend another 30 mins taking it apart again. However I taped up all the drop thru shoots so they don't slide out of place like Kyle said to. Whatcha think? every one of my machines is giving me trouble i swear.  

You sound like you are having a real hard time with those machines. Boy, they sure look good but with all those problems their not as good as they look. Could you explain what they are doing again. One is they are jamming up, and second is they are dropping candy?

Please explain so we can help.

Hang in there. Help is on the way.

Gary

Wow,

I really like my XYZ. I have an EasyPro. I haven't had any problems whatsoever. I don't know exactly which one your machine is. I'm assuming it is the one without the removable containers. I wish I could help you out but I haven't had a similar problem.

Ahha.........are you sure you have the candy wheel lined up correctly and sitting properly in the middle there?  So that there is not an opening straight thru?

That I brought up probably a week ago and kyle told me you need to get tape to keep them from sliding out.  ( clean out chutes)

Which I did.  hope it works. They just dont sit properly most of the time in there I guess.  As far as the coin mech I do not know what to do about that.  Currently I had to quit using that slot

Ahha.........are you sure you have the candy wheel lined up correctly and sitting properly in the middle there?  So that there is not an opening straight thru?

I have an XYZ but have not had any problems with it. When the wheel swings arround it lines up over the chute and should not drop candy into the coin area at all. I don't know what to say about the jam as it has not happened to me. Do you have a gumball wheel in the center slot?

Hi beer,

No I have all candy wheels ..there are reeses in the center.  I have no idea.. I did email the company about what I can do about it all.. Its been in service for a lil over a month and every time i have gone there there was a huge problem. Thank god they like looking at me and enjoy the view...they even asked if they could be on a weekly schedule so they could see me more.. however I do not want to be there every week i want a problem free machine for at least a year...I just think it's ridiculous . A month in service and so many problems? I definately will never buy this particular machine again. Thats why i only get one or 2 machines of a certain brand to try out. So i am not stuck with a bunch of problem childs.

Its the xyz triple chrome stand one.

Maybe XYZ is slipping in terms of quality.  I've used the XYZ triples (black stand) since May 2005 and I have not had any problems with them.  They have been very good and reliable machines and I have highly recommended them to others.  I am so sorry that you are encountering so many problems with your XYZ.

• 4 weeks later...

I have problems with their coin mechs too. Spent alot of time in the store trying to fix it. It gets old and embarassing after awhile.Especially when the owner or owners are there just looking and speaking other english to one another. Makes me think they are talking about me and my machine lol!

I have problems with their coin mechs too. Spent alot of time in the store trying to fix it. It gets old and embarassing after awhile.Especially when the owner or owners are there just looking and speaking other english to one another. Makes me think they are talking about me and my machine lol!

Yep well it was definately the coin mech ..XYZ sent me a new one... My machine was only a month old ..so i complained to them ..after taking out the old one..I couldnt really still figure it out.. So the mechanic there looked at it and he said yep you see that part in there? it's bent not allowing the coin to turn all the way...  One month old.

• 2 weeks later...

Im not for sure but i have some of the new EZ Pros I think it may be a little better design on the coin mech but as i said im not sure of this .I will let you know because im just getting them out on some new locations so time will tell. If they are not good quality im not buying any xyz again.I m with Oak  next few orders anyway.

AHHA,

The white plastic square piece has to snap into place,if it don't you will never stop having problems. With the column empty line up the plastic piece with the groove that it rides in and push in till it snaps into place.It may take you a few tries till you figure this out but after that its a snap(no pun intended).:D

If you also have an ant problem then you need to wipe vaseline around the threads of the pipe,if the stand has a hole under the bottom then you'll also have to do it there also.Hope this helps.

John

AHHA,

The white plastic square piece has to snap into place,if it don't you will never stop having problems. With the column empty line up the plastic piece with the groove that it rides in and push in till it snaps into place.It may take you a few tries till you figure this out but after that its a snap(no pun intended).:D

If you also have an ant problem then you need to wipe vaseline around the threads of the pipe,if the stand has a hole under the bottom then you'll also have to do it there also.Hope this helps.

John

yes i think its just junk. and wont be buying anymore of those. I even had to replace one of the coin mech's after one month (for free of course).., ..Would like to try the ezpro one though. To see how i like it.

Well i have totally outdone myself with the ant control. I used EVERYTHING including vaseline...never tried the double sided tape yet though

I have several XYZ machines that have served me well. Two months ago I purchase the Easy Pro cannister triple. I placed it in a busy and solid location (no kids). The first month it yielded 28.50, no problems. I went to service it on Friday and found that it had been taken off the floor about 2 weeks ago. The owner claimed that all of the cannisters were no working. I took it back to the shop and here's what I found:

left canister with mm's- no real problems.

center cannister with pmm's- jams quarters. I get 2-3 working vends then a quarter will randomly jam. Coin mech needs to be replaced. I will contact XYZ in the morning.

Right cannister: miss vends every 3rd or 4th vend, mike & ikes. The frustrating thing is that the vend misses are inconsistent and there appears to be nothing wrong that I can see. But it misses.

Bottom line: I paid top dollar for a machine that I have absolutely no faith in. I am scrambling to replace this machine and will put a double head in with 2 millenias which have worked well for me.

My advice: be carefull with these machines. I will not buy another one.

Regards,

Philo

I am not a big fan of this, but I will admit that if you are having a problem, you need to speak with us.  We know that a new machine is a process that poses some challenges for customers.  As for the coin mech, please let us know so we can send them out to you as sometimes you can solve the problem through warranty.  We don't pretend to be perfect, but I don't have many problems with mine.  I will say that I always honor problems when people do.  I will help you if you call- FOR FREE.  We will look at any issues and always look to solve the problem.

thanks,

kevin

There you go guys & gals. Lets put XYZ's products and customer service to the test before we start knocking them. Kevin from XYZ said that you should call him and he will take care of any issue you may have with his equipment. If it is under warranty, he will replace it. If you have bought their machines second hand, they have all the parts needed to make things right.

That sounds pretty good to me. Again, if you are not getting issues resolved by calling XYZ for help, and you have tried everything possible, than you should warn others about "major troubles with XYZ triples".

Kevin, Leave a link and phone number for members to call.

Gary

Kevin:

It's all well and good to honor your warranty. Now tell me how I restore confidence in my customers. They have businesses to run and do not want to deal with having to reimburse customers for lost quarters or no candy. They get annoyed. If I put in a new coin mech and re-install the machine at the customer I know that any failure might cost me the location. I'm better off putting in a machine that I trust rather than risk losing the location.

Regards,

Philo

true about the lost of locations. will xyz get you another location due too bad parts?on the other hand if xyz can come up with a better designed ,very reliable coin mech that will fit their current machines. i think it would be the company of choice for triples and the ez pro would dominate all triples in a single head.they could maybe get oak,beaver ,nw to do a mech for them.

I have had no problems with the coin mechs on the Easy Pro.  The point is well taken about losing a location.  I went through that last week at a location with capsules vending DI.

My suggestion is give Kevin a shot to correct the issue.  When I think of turning to a triple that the cannisters don't come out of,  I cringe with the thought.  Just my humble opinion folks.

Asking Kevin to replace a lost location is just crazy. You should have contacted him in the first place. If you had done this and he refused to help you then I would agree that it was his fault. He has offered to resolve this issue to the best of his ability it sounds like. If you do not won’t to deal with the machines anymore then that is understandable as you have had problems with them. I am not trying to say that XYZ is the best machine out there as I have no idea. I just know that you can not totally blame them for your location problems. When you try out a company you are figuring whether you like them or not. If you don’t then you don’t shop with them anymore. When problems arise you need to figure out how to deal with them in a way that doesn’t make you look bad.

Try this. Install a machine you trust in these locations that you have had problems with. Try your fixed XYZ machines at different locations and see how they do. If they fail there then don't use the products anymore. Shut I am in the market for these machines send me a PM with price if you don't like them.

I am sorry if I offended anyone as this is not my intent I am just saying it as I see it.

Good luck and happy quarters.

I hear you Johnny. I put the EZ Pro in there to show them I would supply them with the best, instead I look  foolish and cost myself some money and good will. I'm replacing it with a double millenia from Seaga. I'll put the EZ Pro in a new location once I can get it working again.

Philo

PS- I have several older style XZY's that have given me no problems.

One of the biggest problems with ALL the off brand machines is the are not the same year after year. "My xyz sucks!" "Mine are great. No problems at all." I have 3 Route Pro triples that I bought 2 years ago. They are in a bowling alley. They have 200.00 a month ran through them during the winter and 100.00 during the summer. I have had no problems at all. None! I also noticed the cardboard was dried into the paint of the base when I got them out of the box. I just got lucks to have no problems. I wont order more because some other factory is probably making them now. Who knows if they are good or not. These companies are at the mercy of who ever is making the machine they sell that year. Just my opinion.

Mike 

Big Mike:

I am starting to see the light and understand a bit more. When I started I believed that acquiring the cheapest machine, whether through ebay, craigslist or off brand was the best. I do all of my own locating and buy candy from Sams. Now I can see that if i pay more for quality machines- say from Beaver,AA, Northwestern, or Seaga(?), I will do better in the long run with fewer reapirs or headaches.

Thanks,

Philo

In all cases, coin mechs that are defective should be replaced immediately without delay even prior to placement if necessary by checking them.  I can't speak to what is happening in every location, but you can test the machine 10-15 times like I do prior to see if it works properly.  I only need notification from you by email either through xyzvending@aol.com or xyzvending@gmail.com (my personal acct).  Where and when you bought it and where to send a part?  We don't balk at making it right prior to losing a location.  We do realize that customers make money from locations.