major troubles with XYZ triple

ahha

Big Mike:

I am starting to see the light and understand a bit more. When I started I believed that acquiring the cheapest machine, whether through ebay, craigslist or off brand was the best. I do all of my own locating and buy candy from Sams. Now I can see that if i pay more for quality machines- say from Beaver,AA, Northwestern, or Seaga(?), I will do better in the long run with fewer reapirs or headaches.

Thanks,

Philo

I am beginning to see that also Philo.  From here  forward I will only purchase Northwestern singles. ( actually Big Mike helped me see this also )  I would rather pay more up front knowing I have a quality machine.  The thing is I believe there is a certain small market that a triple can work well in.  I guess I could go with the ' tank ' made by Northwestern and be happy with the great quality of the machine etc.  But the cannisters do not come out and I absolutely hate trying to pull candy out the back of one of these machines on location.  I guess the only other alternative if the need arises on a location is set up a triple using 3 single heads on a stand.

In all cases, coin mechs that are defective should be replaced immediately without delay even prior to placement if necessary by checking them.  I can't speak to what is happening in every location, but you can test the machine 10-15 times like I do prior to see if it works properly.  I only need notification from you by email either through xyzvending@aol.com or xyzvending@gmail.com (my personal acct).  Where and when you bought it and where to send a part?  We don't balk at making it right prior to losing a location.  We do realize that customers make money from locations. 

That is also a good point Kev.  Taking the time to thoroughly test each coin mech and every machine before placing is something I need to do more of for sure. 

I set up and test all my machines before I place them. Keep in mind that this machine was onsite for a month and worked well before failure. The quality issue seems to have occurred over the time span of a month. Johnny- not sure whats wrong with using 3 singles heads except for the cost.

Philo

WTF are you talking about? I had them replace a coin mechanism..NOT a location. And yes after one month there was something wrong with it. So yes I would think the machine is not very reliable.  Well I am guessing you are responding to the other people on here and not the original poster. 

You get what you pay for. I can say that Kevin resolved my issue very quickly.  I will be ordering pipestands from them for sure. They get to my house in lightening speed. Since I am done with Amerivend. ( missing screws and nuts, no stickers... never sent them out after I called) A whole 'nother story indeed.  I just don't want to deal with the hassle.

XYZ is great but the machine I have experience with, not so good.  The location I have had it in. I have gone there almost every week for some kinda problem. I was so NOT expecting. 

Asking Kevin to replace a lost location is just crazy. You should have contacted him in the first place. If you had done this and he refused to help you then I would agree that it was his fault. He has offered to resolve this issue to the best of his ability it sounds like. If you do not won’t to deal with the machines anymore then that is understandable as you have had problems with them. I am not trying to say that XYZ is the best machine out there as I have no idea. I just know that you can not totally blame them for your location problems. When you try out a company you are figuring whether you like them or not. If you don’t then you don’t shop with them anymore. When problems arise you need to figure out how to deal with them in a way that doesn’t make you look bad.

Try this. Install a machine you trust in these locations that you have had problems with. Try your fixed XYZ machines at different locations and see how they do. If they fail there then don't use the products anymore. Shut I am in the market for these machines send me a PM with price if you don't like them.

I am sorry if I offended anyone as this is not my intent I am just saying it as I see it.

Good luck and happy quarters.

ahha wrote:

WTF are you talking about? I had them replace a coin mechanism..NOT a location. And yes after one month there was something wrong with it. So yes I would think the machine is not very reliable.  Well I am guessing you are responding to the other people on here and not the original poster. 

You get what you pay for. I can say that Kevin resolved my issue very quickly.  I will be ordering pipestands from them for sure. They get to my house in lightening speed. Since I am done with Amerivend. ( missing screws and nuts, no stickers... never sent them out after I called) A whole 'nother story indeed.  I just don't want to deal with the hassle.

XYZ is great but the machine I have experience with, not so good.  The location I have had it in. I have gone there almost every week for some kinda problem. I was so NOT expecting. 

ahha no you didn't suggest they relocate your system. This is what I read. They didn't out right ask for a new location but this was the impretion it left on me.

philo wrote:

Kevin:

It's all well and good to honor your warranty. Now tell me how I restore confidence in my customers. They have businesses to run and do not want to deal with having to reimburse customers for lost quarters or no candy. They get annoyed. If I put in a new coin mech and re-install the machine at the customer I know that any failure might cost me the location. I'm better off putting in a machine that I trust rather than risk losing the location.

Regards,

Philo

As far as replacing the lock. I some how overlooked the following. I found it after your last post.

ahha wrote:

Yep well it was definately the coin mech ..XYZ sent me a new one... My machine was only a month old ..so i complained to them ..after taking out the old one..I couldnt really still figure it out.. So the mechanic there looked at it and he said yep you see that part in there? it's bent not allowing the coin to turn all the way...  One month old.

The point I'm trying to make is that when a machine goes bad at a location it can usually be repaired fairly easily. What is not addressed is the customers reaction to the machine. They may feel the machine is not worth the hassle and ask you to leave. Fixing a customers perception is harder than fixing a broken machine so why risk it?

Regards,

Philo

The point I'm trying to make is that when a machine goes bad at a location it can usually be repaired fairly easily. What is not addressed is the customers reaction to the machine. They may feel the machine is not worth the hassle and ask you to leave. Fixing a customers perception is harder than fixing a broken machine so why risk it?

Regards,

Philo

That's why you have to be friendly and outgoing with your locations. I have had ALOT of problems but they love me being there and even try to help me out. When I go to the locations I ask how they are doing ..have they been busy? etc etc ... Just some small chit chat ..if they are not busy with their customers:)) Not that you don't know that....I am sure you do.. but it sure did help me..I am surprised they haven't kicked me out yet. It's a Goodyear tire store.

I walked into a car dealership this evening after going to a location previous to that that was closed down with two of my machines in it!  When I walked into the dealership all hell broke loose.  The XYZ double I had in there was not vending gumballs.  The way the manager addressed me I thought for sure he was gonna show me the door.  He didnt.  I gave them all back a bunch of quarters and gave out some gum.  I fixed the machine and left.  ( I am gonna put another machine in its place in a couple of days though.  I am having problems with the locks on the lids also.  The machine has been out there for two months.  The location is good for $35-$40 per month.  I dont want to lose it.

Just to followup on previous post with my XYZ double.  I was uncomfortable leaving it at the dealership.  So I changed it out yesterday with an A&A Elite double.  Sue enough when I got there, the gumball wheel was acting up again.  I am going to write Kevin this morning.  Not sure what is wrong.  When I brought the XYZ machine back to my shop, I put TEN quarters in the GB machine and it worked every time!  Makes me nuts!:shock:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok! More disappointment. I really don't know what to do with this machine? Got a new coin mech from xyz free of charge. Go to service today after one month. And find out it is dispensing free candy. It turns all the way around and never stops. Well we thought we fixed it. Put it back in the machine. And same thing. I am really at a loss here. 2 coin mechs same slot.  Do I want a 3rd coin mechanism? I am about ready to get rid of this machine even though I have only owned it 2 or 3 months now. BRAND NEW! And I cant seem to get a good coin mech to save my life. I gave up. After putting back together again? I put some nuts in there and have at it. I am losing out.

Any suggestions?

I was wondering do you know anything about those xyz triple's? I have one that is giving me HELL.  Today i spent 40 mins at the location  they had an ant problem, the middle one keeps dumping candy in the drawer every time i have gone there. it's on weekly rotation as of now cuz its so much trouble. I am so unhappy with their machine i wonder if i can get a refund.  So now one of the mechanism jams up with the quarter..took it apart and got the quarter out...tested it a bunch of times and then put it all back together...tested it again? and jammed up again.. So  that slot is empty..it had the trail mix...because i wasn't about to spend another 30 mins taking it apart again. However I taped up all the drop thru shoots so they don't slide out of place like Kyle said to. Whatcha think? every one of my machines is giving me trouble i swear.  

Does the location have access to tools? Are there big strong guys working there?

Even Beavers older mechs can be broken and give free vends, hence why the new design includes a clutch, to much tension and the clutch activates but no free vend. (still broken though)

I have this problem in a garage, three services, three broken mechs. My solution remove the product that they like and put something else in it's place and change the mech to New Generation with the clutch. If I service it again and it is broken I will remove the machine.

I ordered 2 coin mechs to replace the broken one in my triple. The first one dispensed for free when I tested it. The second one worked OK. I will not buy any more hardware from these guys- too rsiky.

Philo