TouchTunes Jukebox Inquiry

kmendes00

Hello Everyone! I Recently looked into becoming a touchtunes operator. There new Virtuo machine looks very promising and IMO very appealing to bars more than ever especially with them being the first licensed jukebox/photobooth/karoake combo machine. This will be my first time in the vending industry and thought this may be a good starting point. If there Are there any touchtunes operators that can give me some advice/tips on this that'd be greatly appreciated. I did have a few questions before i fully commit to this if anyone can answer them that would be a great help.

P.s. i did email touchtunes a few days ago but no response yet... sometimes its good to get an outsiders opinion as well.

1.Is there a minimum amount of jukeboxes i need to purchase to become a vendor/operator to activate these machines?

2. Is leasing or financing available? if so what is a better option for someone just starting out?

3. Do the Venue owners have to pay any cost to have the jukebox in there establishment?

4. Can the Jukeboxes easily be connected to an existing sound system

5. If a jukebox needs repair does touchtunes cover the full cost or partially? does it depend on the issue? If covered, how long do they cover it?

6. Are there any expenses involved as an owner?

7. are there any expenses involved as a venue owner besides supplying power and internet connection?

8. Are there any potential issues that i should watch out for between the operator and Venue owner?

9. If there are any virtuo operators out there who own multiple jukeboxes, what is the average gross profit on one

Thanks in advice all

As a juke operator u will be expected to do the pool tables, bartop games, darts, video games ccrane games and possibly atm.

Jukebox is one of the lowest earning in that list,its usually a 50/50, downloader jukeboxes cost a ton in fees compared to cd jukeboxes. U. May look into nsm boxes the fees are a lot lower.

As a juke operator u will be expected to do the pool tables, bartop games, darts, video games ccrane games and possibly atm.

Jukebox is one of the lowest earning in that list,its usually a 50/50, downloader jukeboxes cost a ton in fees compared to cd jukeboxes. U. May look into nsm boxes the fees are a lot lower.

touchtunes claims they take 20% but i'm not sure if that is a fixed rate. but i am curious as to the reason why i would be expected to supply various other bar entertainment and not just a jukebox. SURE I Wouldn't be opposed to bringing in more equipment to broaden my profits but do bars not want to deal with multiple vendors or is this in a vendor agreement that a venue owner may not accept equipment from competitors?

touchtunes claims they take 20% but i'm not sure if that is a fixed rate. but i am curious as to the reason why i would be expected to supply various other bar entertainment and not just a jukebox. SURE I Wouldn't be opposed to bringing in more equipment to broaden my profits but do bars not want to deal with multiple vendors or is this in a vendor agreement that a venue owner may not accept equipment from competitors?

u also have to pay for the internet line additionally i tihnk you need a minimum of 3 units because they want to protect the operator network they want to make sure you arent a bar buying their own box. NSM uses a flat fee per month, not a percentage, also they will sell single units.

as for the other thing. basically most juke operators do all the coin-op and vending in the bar. so if you go to red's bar

and say hey want to use my jukebox service red will tell you they already have a juke operator and he does the jukebox, the pool table, the arcade games, the merit megatouch and all that stuff. their agreement locks them in so even if you offer a better jukebox, or commission u would be expected to replace all that equipment

now lets say you get lucky and land a new bar, well, next thing you know XYZ amusement company will come in and say to the owner, hey we can bring you in a pool table, merit games, coin pusher, 8 liners , dart boards, crane game,etc. but we need to do

the jukebox too, so you are out on your a$$ if you cant provide all that stuff. that is just the biz

I worked with Touchtunes a few years ago with their jukeboxes and barfly. They started off working with my location and then the location asked me if I could handle it for them. Easy money, right?

Easily the worst company I have ever worked with and I have a lot of experience with Pitney Bowes. Poorly run all the way around. Happiest day was the day I cut all ties to them.

• 9 months later...

also any jukebox that uses the internet to download music from are expencive.

and most wont even talk to you unless you are a established route operator.

and you have to have a certain amount of boxes to even get a music subscription.

unless touchtunes runs their own music cloud, which is unlikely due to license fees.

• 7 months later...

1.Is there a minimum amount of jukeboxes i need to purchase to become a vendor/operator to activate these machines?

A: 5
2. Is leasing or financing available? if so what is a better option for someone just starting out?

Try Firestone Financial they specialize in these types of loans
3. Do the Venue owners have to pay any cost to have the jukebox in there establishment?

Generaly depending on YOUR competition the bar owner may lease it from you for X or you can split the Revenue i do a 40/40/20 on most machines i have on location
4. Can the Jukeboxes easily be connected to an existing sound system

Yes parts not included in jukebox purchas
5. If a jukebox needs repair does touchtunes cover the full cost or partially? does it depend on the issue? If covered, how long do they cover it?

Warranty vary depending on how new the juke is most of its major components carry a 2 year warranty.
6. Are there any expenses involved as an owner?

20% of gross revenue(However if your juke does exceptionally you can get a fixed rate of 99 per week)

Sound- Depending on how you go about it and the size of the location expenses include:

--Speaker wire

--Speakers

--CAT5 cable

--Cat 5 end pieces

Tooling

--You will need to prepare yourself for an install Rookie

7. are there any expenses involved as a venue owner besides supplying power and internet connection?

No, and thats what makes sells in this buisness profit without investment.
8. Are there any potential issues that i should watch out for between the operator and Venue owner?

Dont step EVER change what your profit share is period. you might offer beter speakers 24 hour service or the full barroom package like i do (pool tables darts atms ect) you are covering cost of anything that may occur in the juke and that is YOUR end of the bargin make sure they realize the improtance of that. 
9. If there are any virtuo operators out there who own multiple jukeboxes, what is the average gross profit on one

Heres where i tell you to stop turn around and run full speed in the other direction. The Virtuo jukebox and any new juke will have what is called a "honeymoon period" which is about 3 months of Intense juke play photo booth use then sales will gradually decline. as for the Karaoke ... Are you A DJ?

Very well put concerning the honeymoon period. I've seen it way too many times. You install the juke, maybe a pool table, and a megatouch.  after a good solid strong 2 months they jump you for a golden tee golf at over 5 grand, and a big buck hd over 6 grand and next thing you know, poof its all doing next to nothing .  Fun making a monthly payment on over 10 K in equipment with a monthly collection of 91.00. This very reason is why I decided to try bulk.

Exa

Very well put concerning the honeymoon period. I've seen it way too many times. You install the juke, maybe a pool table, and a megatouch.  after a good solid strong 2 months they jump you for a golden tee golf at over 5 grand, and a big buck hd over 6 grand and next thing you know, poof its all doing next to nothing .  Fun making a monthly payment on over 10 K in equipment with a monthly collection of 91.00. This very reason is why I decided to try bulk.

Its hard to not get caught up in all of the "next best thing drama". My attitude is this, Does my customer have what they Need. Period. The only time i venture out to go over and beyond is when its life or death, Either I get the new fancy smancy or i lose the account then i can reassess then but the newest and shinny doesn't always hold bearing over what gets the job done.

Also, i think i need to understand, Bulk? 

• 1 year later...

I operate about 20 TouchTunes jukeboxes in the New York New Jersey area. I absolutely love them. Most of the bars I operate the ATM the jukebox and the pool table just because I don't want anybody else in there. I have some bars that I bring home $200 a week... in just the jukebox and then I have other bars that I bring home $100 for the month it all depends on the location. You can finance the juke boxes through a company called Firestone. As far as paying for Internet most locations already have internet.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I doubt the rules have changed the last time I ask to get a TT juke you needed your local distributor to verify you were an amusement operator and not a location. If you can pass that test the minimum purchase was 5 that may have slipped to 2.

If you are a location most of the local operators will put the box in for you. They will take the TT and broadband fees off the top and split the remainder 50 50. If the box has good sales the TT fees are about 20%.

Walt 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived