how to determine a price on a route?

triune

Hello everyone! I am thinking about buying a route and I was wondering how do you determine if a route is selling for a good price? I heard from someone that you find out what the net pay is for each month and x's it by 12 . Is this true? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Can you share a little about the type of vending you are looking at?

This thread would be better served if posted in the category for the specific type of vending you want rather than the locator section.

If we know what kind of vending you are interested, we can get this thread moved to where you will get the most help.

I can't tell you how to determine an exact value, since that is dependent on so many factors, but I always limit myself to 12 months' gross revenue. I obviously want to stay below that, but that is my ceiling. If the seller wants to go above that, I walk away.

All 10 machines are routemaster. They are in good condition. They have 9 locations (2 machines are in 1 location) They have had the route for 2yrs. All machines are less than 5yrs old. They generate about 125 per month. The locations are close to my house. They are asking about 1300. They are selling the route because is too far from where they live. They also give 20% of commission which i thought was a lot. Im gonna try to talk to the owner of the store and try to convince him if i can donate some money to charity instead.

All 10 machines are routemaster. They are in good condition. They have 9 locations (2 machines are in 1 location) They have had the route for 2yrs. All machines are less than 5yrs old. They generate about 125 per month. The locations are close to my house. They are asking about 1300. They are selling the route because is too far from where they live. They also give 20% of commission which i thought was a lot. Im gonna try to talk to the owner of the store and try to convince him if i can donate some money to charity instead.

This was brought up in another thread you started about 10 days ago. IMHO this route is only paying on avg. gross $12.50 per location a month before the 20% commission. It is not a good idea to pay a commission on a bulk candy route because after candy expenses and fuel cost which keep on rising and commission there is nothing left for you to put in your pocket. Now if you want to buy just the machines, pull and relocate them I have no problem with that. Just don't do commission.

Oh by the way, how long has that candy been in there? 1 yr, 2 yrs. It will be a major expense to replace all of the candy. It would probably cost you 200-300 to replace all of that candy which would be about 6-8 months of your profit. Like I said earlier I think your best bet is to just buy his machines for like $600 and get a locator for like $250-300 plus $200-300 for candy and you would be basicly at the same point as $1300 or even locate yourself and save that $200-300.

Archived