Advise on whether to buy triples or doubles

flipside

So I could either buy from a man selling "new" doubles-$400 for 10

Or I could buy 10 "Like new" 1800 triples for around $1000

I figure I can always turn  double into a triple with a braket, but I'm stuff if I have a slow mover with a triple.

What do you think? I'm leaning towards the doubles...Alot

It would depend on your market. Have you looked at potential locations or noticed what others are using? They both sound like pretty good deals. Can you buy 5 & 5? Most of mine are triples but I do have two doubles. One is in a small body shop with M&M's and gumballs that does like $16 a month. The other is a DI/Certs that looks like it will be in the $30+ range. I could replace one of my triples with a double because it is not doing very well but I would have to buy another double plus relocate that one. I may do that in another month with my next pull. They both have good points and bad. If you find a nice office with a few girls you could place a double with M&M's and do good with it in the breakroom.

Buy all of them! haha. Then you'll have all the options needed to get started ;)

I'm new to this as well...bit i've figured that high traffic locations are good for triples, and double heads can be placed anywhere! Start with doubles..the triples will be easy to find when you need them.

In my opinion, it depends upon the location :)

doubles

i started with triples and wish now i started with doubles.

lots of discussions about this on this forum

its very hard to keep 3 products moving at one location. Even my best locotions seem to have 1 of the 3 that doesnt move very fast.

• Like 1

I bought triples to start. I am glad I did. From what you described, I would get the doubles due to economics. There will be other deals. Doubles should do almost as well as triples I would think. I didn't buy the 1800 because I worried about getting parts and what not, which may not be a problem, I don't know.

If you got the doubles for 400, that would leave 600. I can buy Seaga triples on ebay for 110 delivered and EZ Pro for 145 delivered. All new. ymmv

Thanks for the input guys. I decided to get the doubles. I'm getting half located, and doing half myself. If I get a few high income locations (more than $40 a month), I'll just buy a triple braket and convert!

Life is great:cool::cool:

Yep you can always make them a triple or quad depending on the brand. What is the brand of them? Locating half is a good way to go. You can get some located right away to make money and then see what it is like to go find locations on your own.

I took the advice of others on this forum about starting out with doubles.  I bought 20 off of craigslist.  They were in extremely slow locations on the wrong side of town so I pulled them to bring back to my side.  I went with him as he swapped out the doubles for triples and I could tell by the end that he was having some regrets about letting those doubles go. 

I haven't placed them yet, but they are ready to be cleaned up and get out the door.

Michael

I bought triples to start. I am glad I did. From what you described, I would get the doubles due to economics. There will be other deals. Doubles should do almost as well as triples I would think. I didn't buy the 1800 because I worried about getting parts and what not, which may not be a problem, I don't know.

If you got the doubles for 400, that would leave 600. I can buy Seaga triples on ebay for 110 delivered and EZ Pro for 145 delivered. All new. ymmv

Actually MountainMan doubles have been know to do better then triples, at least for me. It is based on traffic and what the consumer wants, some people will only buy what they want no matter the selection. So unless you are really good at dialing in three different products for your consummers, I would think it will be one really good product, one not so bad and one real dog. (sales)
  • Like 1