Route truck / trailer?

For max load you have it loaded all wrong you need to get the soda where the chips and candy is.

First load it up take it to a truck scale weigh front only, then all 4, then the back 2 wheels.

Compare the numbers to factory GVW spec and your tire ratings.

The GM M vans were built like trucks my bet is the van is good but the tires may need an upgrade.

Walta

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

985F556C-orig_zps63e7eebb.jpg

Yeah it looks like somebody lowered it for "cruising" the strip.  You definitely need to look at that suspension.

What I can't figure out is why does it look just as messy as that CRV you were using ?  ;D

How organized can I have it?

Try some of those storage boxes that are made to fit under a bed - I put 50 bags of LSS chips in each one and cookies, pasteries and nuts in other ones.  I can do five snack machines a day  with six of these and they fit perfectly on my convertible hand truck.  I use a big cooler to store the candy bars in my van and a little Playmate cooler with freezer packs to transport them in with.  Aside from some empty soda boxes, there's nothing just floating around in my van.  By the end of the day it still looks like crap but it's really just all those empty soda boxes.

I dump all my trash and boxes in between locations at the.huge dumpsters usually at the apartment complexes. I can do my full route with this van filled a tiny but more than it is in the pics. I didn't really like the.boxes your talking about there's 2 in the floor if you see but ones for Japanese peanuts w hot sauce and used to have corn nuts all tho . Got rid of them due to high cog the.other has lollipops that sell like crazy. The cooler is a Coleman I snatched for 20 it is cooled by the cigarette outlet and I put.only the bulk pmm bags 2-4 and a snickers box as that's all the chocolate bars I.put. Then also 3 or 4 boxes of cupcakes.I usually have ac front and rear full blast. As el Paso gets to 110 f

Plus I sell about 6 cases if 30ct lss chips only fiesta and flaming mix and they r nicely compacted in their factory boxes

• 4 weeks later...

I bought a cargo van off Craigs List based on advice from this thread.  The guy wanted $1,500 for it but I got him to come down to $1,200 due to lots of things cosmetically wrong with it. It has 215k miles but has a rebuilt engine & a title that certifies that it was rebuilt.  I had my mechanic friend look it & he said it was mechanically sound.

gallery_6992_155_1192681.jpg

I was using the Jeep in the picture behind the van but I was loading it up to the ceiling (including the front seat) & was having to make multiple trips due to lack of space.

I took a pic of the back next to my wife's Cube to give an idea of exactly how big they are.

gallery_6992_155_545572.jpg

I was having to take multiple trips due to not having room for my dolly but now I can use it & fill most locations in 1 trip.

gallery_6992_155_555777.jpg

What used to be a big load now barely barely even fills the van 1/4th of the way...If that. It even came with shelves that fit 12 packs of soda perfectly.

gallery_6992_155_546925.jpg

The AC doesn't work but he included a working compressor that just needs to be installed along with a belt.  Luckily my mechanic friend says he will help me install it for no charge. Great advice everyone. . .  If everything works out I should be able to use it for a couple of years & then turn around & sell it for what I paid for maybe even more. 

Another positive is now I can keep my personal vehicle clean. :rolleyes:

I bought a astro for $1600 to do service calls...... These vans are work horses. It has rear ac and 180,000 some hail dents. I found www.partstrain.com to buy any parts cheap. NEW

I took the seats out and put floor decking screwed it down and added a rubber mat to protect my knees. Went to Lowes and got shelfs turned them upside down and screwed the shelves to the floor decking.truck1.jpg

truck2.jpg

truck3.jpg

Ur linkss arent working

For some reason my Astros front ac messed up in high it still doesnt blow as hard as.it used to and it blows through the floor vents and window vents and I.move the switch it doesnt move.where the.air is coming from like if the mechanism that changes vents is stuck

Ur linkss arent working

For some reason my Astros front ac messed up in high it still doesnt blow as hard as.it used to and it blows through the floor vents and window vents and I.move the switch it doesnt move.where the.air is coming from like if the mechanism that changes vents is stuck

The vacuum hose that controls that is broke.Probably the small plastic line that runs across the engine is broke.on the right side of the engine compartment is a vacuum ball that should have vacuum going rto it.

John

• 1 month later...

Yeah blowing tires suck, but say w that small trailer I could load like 20 cases of soda which is like 500 lbs off my van

Loading the trailer evenly will be critical. Uneven weight distribution, even in a small trailer, can lead to a nightmare. Wet roads will make it worse. Buy a van. You'll thank me later...

Archived