Vending brochure template for potential new locations

Hey guys, I have a question, I'm fairly new to this business and I was wondering when you find and identify a new location you wish to aquire and go in and speak with whomever is in charge, what kind of paperwork do you provide? Maybe not paperwork per say, but what kinds of things do you leave with them to promote yourself and your business?

This Tuesday morning I will be meeting with a potential location and trying to get their business and set up a few machines on their premises, but this same manager with whom I'm meeting has another vendor they're meeting with this morning (Friday), I think this other vendor is a bigger company, possibly First Class or Canteen and being the bigger more established and well known, they seem to have the advantage, what kinds of things can I do to gain favor in the eyes of this new location so they would pick me as their vendor? I'd like to leave something with them besides just my simple business card, like a brochure or flyer of some kind, but I don't know what I can or should include, are there any templates available or examples anyone here uses that they wouldn't mind sending me that I could use as a base for one I can create?

A few ideas I had on what to include for positive talking points are the following.

1. Polite, Professional Family owned & operated local business.

2. We use all L.E.D. lighting in our machines for brighter, more attractive machines, greater efficiency & reduced electricity cost to the host location.

3. Same day machine repair / service calls guaranteed.

4. Great variety of traditional and healthy oriented snack options.

5. Guarenteed to beat anyone else's item prices.

6. All unused items are not thrown away, but donated to the local Rescue Mission for despertion and use at their descresion.

7. Custom / personal requests for snack options are available and encouraged for a more personal snack mix.

8. Machines serviced & cleaned on a weekly basis or more often if required.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Randy

You didn't mention how big the account is or what type of account. If it is big enough and First Class wants it you will have a hard time matching their offer. They are doing those Micro markets now. Plus they are experts on offering advance commission or putting in frozen food machines for a 90 day trial. They are good at sales and professional with all of the bells and whistles.

On the other hand you are a independent and would give their account lots of personal attention. During your meeting take the time to listen closely to why they are changing vendors, find out what you can do to correct those problems then in your bid highlight those areas. If you don't have a salesbook, make one up. Go on line print out some photos of different styles of machines. Get one of those white binder from Staples with the plastic cover. You can make up a cover with your company name on it and slip it in. Print out some general "free" photos of vending machines. All of the different types from cans, bottles, bottle drop etc. And a few of general snack machines from 28 item, 42 item. Type up a few pages of hype. If you are unsure what type do a google search for vending companies and read their websites. It should give you a few bullet points for your pitch. Also check their product lists for ideas there too. Don't take their pages word for word, just do some research. Learn vend speak.

Be prepared to present your product list (general pricing like 12oz cans .75 bottles 1.50 chips .85 pastry 1.25 candy 1.00). Most of your meeting should be conversation. Such as what types of problems are you having with your current vendor, are you looking for lower pricing, more products selection. What would you like me to do to improve your vending service. Leave your card and tell them you will email a proposal. Then do it. If you have trouble or want some help putting that part together give me a call 888-802-1410. Its not all about presentation but you need to have something in your hands. TAKE SAMPLES Even if you have to stop at a store and buy a bag full of stuff.

Bev

Poplady1

Archived