First time using Locators R Us. Play by play review.

PhilVends

Hello all,

I am brand new to vending. After reading reviews about locating services and locating yourself, I decided to go with Locators R Us. I don't think I have been doing this long enough to locate my self, but this experience with be the deciding factor. I just bought some used vendstar 3000s and I have cleaned them up and hired Locators R Us to find me locations. I asked for restaurants and diners is possible.

On Feb 23, 2013, I placed an order with Locators R Us for 5 locations plus 1 free using the current promotion. So far no locations, but I did tell them when I ordered that I was still setting up my machines. I emailed them today that my machine are ready to be placed. I will keep everyone updated.

Too bad. I won't ever give them another penny! They have been the biggest headaches. When they put in the notes: "I spoke with the owner and he said he'd have to see the machine first, before allowing it." has always meant, from my experience, that you're in for an awkward situation. The people didn't know what I was talking about and didn't want anything to do with it. You're better off paying the extra money with Kickstart, if you won't do it yourself. With LRU, you're doing it all yourself anyways, so it's a huge waste of money!

That's the same crap I got from Kickstart. I'd show up and everytime it ended the same. We didn't say that, I've never had anyone here by that name, or we've already told ya'll no over the phone.

LRU has given decent results so far. Communication has been a little spotty but all in all, I've been happy with their prices and the locations I've got from them.

In the end I'd still recommend self locating whenever you can.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

LRU delivers locations, but they have a hard time following instructions. I'm not sure if this is a language issue (their call center is in the Phillipines, I think). I placed an order and specifically put in the notes that I did not want any bar locations. I even used synonyms, bar, tavern, saloon, pub, etc. So, what did they give me? A bar. I was pretty disappointed. I asked them to find a replacement and I'm waiting for that (this was Friday, so I won't harp on them too much, it does take time to find locations). Also, their ordering system is kind of strange and confusing, and you don't receive any kind of verification from them that they've received your order and are working on it. I like Kickstart for those reasons, their website is easier to place orders through and they do a pretty good job of letting you know that they received your order. One thing I don't like about Kickstart is they seem to take a lot longer than LRU to find locations, and they're usually not any better in terms of earnings potetial (though locating is often a crap shoot, even self-locating can result in some dud locations).

Atleast with LRU, I'm able to get someone on the phone and they've been straight forward and honest with me thus far.

Kickstart and Rob decided to steal my money after their last dismal attempt. I left messages and sent emails asking for someone to call me back or send refund. I kept getting one excuse after another. I finally filed with BBB, still nothing. I also filed complaint through Florida, Rob responded by writing a letter to them stating he no longer lived at that address. Even though it's the same address listed on his website and ebay, etc.

If you're worried about it, give em a call. I can't speak for others, but they've always done a decent job for me. I've been trying to find more spots on my own, but I would use em again if needed.

Good idea. I will be calling them tonight. I read mostly good reviews about LRU so I am not too worried. This forum has been very helpful.

If you're worried about it, give em a call. I can't speak for others, but they've always done a decent job for me. I've been trying to find more spots on my own, but I would use em again if needed.

I just ordered one location from LRU we'll see how it goes I'm in Canada, I also ordered 2 from a local gentleman. I'v been very busy with my other two jobs and have not had time to locate myself. I figure it's a small investment as the machines are not making money in my garage.

Kick Start for me was hit and miss. Out of 5 machines, only 1 location is worth keeping while another 2 are iffy (the other 2 locations are serving as storage units). To there credit, communication was good. They had a "wish list" but I honestly don't think they bothered looking at it.

• 10 months later...

just ordered from LRU just yesterday FEB 20th.

i ordered just one location from them in order to test out the whole process.

i am a new Vending owner and i am trying to try out this whole process and system to see how it works.

they are sending me information and email communications readily so far so good.

just ordered from LRU just yesterday FEB 20th.

i ordered just one location from them in order to test out the whole process.

i am a new Vending owner and i am trying to try out this whole process and system to see how it works.

they are sending me information and email communications readily so far so good.

THey have been getting me good locations real quick

The problem is with locating companies that use independent callers that get paid by location.

If the caller says a location wants to see machine, the caller may not have even called and there is a small chance when you show up the location says yes. If the location says no, the locators dont care, its not their gas and time wasted.

Even if a location company has done a good job in the past, it can change quick. Just like you as a vendor are being dependent on the location company, the location company is being dependent on the skill of their independent callers.

The only way to avoid this situation is to find a locator that is a 'one person operation' and makes their own calls and is dependable or to do the locating yourself.

good news i just recieved a location from them Friday feb 28th.

i will have to get everything preped to send my vending machine there to them.

i am confident everything will go well.

this will be my first vending machine placement i am so excited.

anyone have any advice for me?

and as as before i will let everyone know what happens.

good news i just recieved a location from them Friday feb 28th.

i will have to get everything preped to send my vending machine there to them.

i am confident everything will go well.

this will be my first vending machine placement i am so excited.

anyone have any advice for me?

and as as before i will let everyone know what happens.

Something I always do is investigate where the place is before going. While LRU does locate per the zip codes you provide sometimes it's in a bad area. I've turned down a location or two because I knew without a doubt with a week it would have been stolen. Remember you have the right to refuse at no cost so don't be afraid to use it. Also go ahead and plan out what you'll say when you get there. Most of us have a script of sorts to walk in there and drop it off. Good luck! 

• 2 weeks later...

ok so much to talk about i don't even know where to start.

first of all like i said i got the location.

got it on the 28th. i called up the location the following Wednesday to speak with the person of intrest.

The manager seemed very easy going and very open to recieveing the machine, the conversation went smoothly.

I told her to expect her machine the following tuesday of next week. We set the time for 10am. So ta-da i had my first location drop off time!

So i got the supplies in that i needed,ate up waay too much of my gumball product ;) and before you know it here tuesday comes March 11th and i called them up. This time the manager wasn't there. This time it was simply the supervisor and a staff member. I talked to the staff memeber and he said that the manager might not come in today, at first i wasn't going to drop off my machine but after waiting this long and already getting the ok from the manager i decided to ask if i could just come over anyways to drop off a gumball machine that i was althorized to drop off and he was fine with it.

So i got two OKs one from a staff member and one from the manager. so i went there anyways and took the risk.

when i got there the supervisor came to the door because they weren't open yet and greeted me. I introduced myself as a supporter of the NCCS and told her that i was here to install the gumball machine. I had to sweet talk her a little but with a LITTLE convencing she let me in and i picked out a spot.

the gumball machine was blue against the red background but she loved it! and everyone tells me that the fact that its blue instead of red helps it stand out more. Well i was nervous as He-double LL but luckly i set up my first machine.

I am not sure whats going to happen next. but my number IS in fact on the machine so they could give me a call but im confiendent they will be too busy enjoying the fact that they have a new gumball machine. In fact i am so happy because this place just opened in december in my area. It has untapped potential.

SO i just ordered three more locations. and today march 12th(the very next day) i recieved ALL THREE LOCATIONS.

now dont get me wrong i am not guarenteed to place in all three but the speed of the LRU is amazing. i wasn't expecting even one location until atleast next week but to have all three in one day! Its simply amazing! the first location took over a week to recieve but then i order three more and they take only a day. You never can tell. Looks like im going to be ordering more supplies today i am so excited to see what the future brings.

If anyone has any advice for me as more experienced vendors please tell me so. So far LRU are doing a good job, communication is good and speed is good.

They have always done a good job for me. It fact I have learned to have machines ready and stocked before I place my order and try to place the day I get the order. If you wait the location may forget or change their mind. I try to keep 3 or 4 machine ready in my van at all times.

Archived