First time using Locators R Us. Play by play review.

PhilVends

They have always done a good job for me. It fact I have learned to have machines ready and stocked before I place my order and try to place the day I get the order. If you wait the location may forget or change their mind. I try to keep 3 or 4 machine ready in my van at all times.

Thank you for the advice.

The only reason i wasn't stocked is because i thought they would take a while to give me the locations like they did last time.

last time it took a week. so i planned to buy the locations then the very next day order the supplies. but before i even got the chance they already had the locations and everything in order.

I am not completely out of the woods i still have time to get everything in order it will only take a few days for the supplies to be delivered. Not to mention 1 of the locations wants to see the size of the machine and another just wants to talk to me before agreeing to anything.

However i am more concerned about the legal aspect of it all.

while i did research i haven't been able to determine a clear Law that states that i need a vending license or anything.

infact i believe you only need one if you are vending soda. Gumballs and candies seem to be an exception here in IL.

• 3 weeks later...

so far i only have placed three items, which is nothing for most venders.

i have one last location to go for my forth machine.

Thats when i was informed by LRU of market saturation.

They told me even though i gave them more than 10 zipcodes that they are having difficulties locating for me because its hard to find locations that don't already have gumball machines/candy machines.

I was just about to give them another order of 10 locations and they told me that they would have to decline and to try ordering after i gave the area a "rest".

to be honest i don't know what to make of this and i am partly pi**ed off because i see all these reviews from others who have gotten many many different locations from LRU. i wasn't expecting market saturation for atleast 100 machines.

was i wrong. if i gave them over 10 zipcodes that would mean about 9 locations per zipcode on average.

but 10 zipcodes and just 3 machines placed. i know its difficult, but it just seems unreasonable to only be able to place three machines.

does anyone have any advice because im not planning on giving up now that i already have machines placed.

what should be my next move?

so far i only have placed three items, which is nothing for most venders.

i have one last location to go for my forth machine.

Thats when i was informed by LRU of market saturation.

They told me even though i gave them more than 10 zipcodes that they are having difficulties locating for me because its hard to find locations that don't already have gumball machines/candy machines.

I was just about to give them another order of 10 locations and they told me that they would have to decline and to try ordering after i gave the area a "rest".

to be honest i don't know what to make of this and i am partly pi**ed off because i see all these reviews from others who have gotten many many different locations from LRU. i wasn't expecting market saturation for atleast 100 machines.

was i wrong. if i gave them over 10 zipcodes that would mean about 9 locations per zipcode on average.

but 10 zipcodes and just 3 machines placed. i know its difficult, but it just seems unreasonable to only be able to place three machines.

does anyone have any advice because im not planning on giving up now that i already have machines placed.

what should be my next move?

Hmmm....that sounds eerily like the email I got. I always do a quick two sentence weekly follow up with any locator and they told me that the market was saturated and they needed more zip codes. I know the area I'm targeting and if by saturation they mean only my machines as these places don't have any then yes I would agree. It's a large metropolitan area so to me something wasn't adding up. I was firm with them that those zip codes were fine and if they couldn't handle it I would be more than happy to give my money to someone else. Well low and behold they got a location a day later. 

First make sure that makes sense from what you've seen in terms of market saturation as that could be true, but if you are seeing a ton of locations with nothing in them then call bull hockey. You could try to push back and let them know that those zip codes are fine and if they can't handle it there are others at the TVF who would be more than happy to help. At the end of the day, you are paying them so they should be listening to you not the other way around. Just my $.02 hopefully it helps from one newbie to another. 

Hmmm....that sounds eerily like the email I got. I always do a quick two sentence weekly follow up with any locator and they told me that the market was saturated and they needed more zip codes. I know the area I'm targeting and if by saturation they mean only my machines as these places don't have any then yes I would agree. It's a large metropolitan area so to me something wasn't adding up. I was firm with them that those zip codes were fine and if they couldn't handle it I would be more than happy to give my money to someone else. Well low and behold they got a location a day later. 

First make sure that makes sense from what you've seen in terms of market saturation as that could be true, but if you are seeing a ton of locations with nothing in them then call bull hockey. You could try to push back and let them know that those zip codes are fine and if they can't handle it there are others at the TVF who would be more than happy to help. At the end of the day, you are paying them so they should be listening to you not the other way around. Just my $.02 hopefully it helps from one newbie to another. 

yes yes i think your right! in fact i am almost positive.

its just not adding up.

there are hundreds of businesses per zipcode and these are big large places with lots of different businesses and in addition i live in the surburbs so these places are not as sought after comparied to the city, and in addition if it is so hard for them to get locations here then how did they get so many so quickly. i've gotten at least 6 locations from them half of which was unusable.

If they are experiencing market saturation it would make a lot more sense to experience it after i recieved at least a good 100 locations. it just doesn't add up to experience saturation so quickly. in fact i have went into many businesses and saw for my own eyes that they don't have any vending machines! even when i was doing calling myself i could see that.

LRU is a good service however i can't say that they are the best if they keep spewing this bolone about market saturation.

10+ zipcodes are more than enough to find plenty of locations.

im thinking of trying out lighthouse venders but im not even fully comfortable because they are new here and i can't find any forums where people review them. In addition kickstart is out of the question.

We haven't had anyone post a review of Lighthouse. I'll be needing two more locations one new and one for a really below average location and will be ordering within a week or so. I may bite the bullet and go with Lighthouse and let others know how it goes.

LRU has always been good to me but it hasn't come without me being a little pushy to make them earn their keep.

• 2 weeks later...

I just used LRU for the first time ever, and I didn't let them know I'd be making an online review of them or anything (so they treated me just like a random customer)

I placed an order for 3 locations, and within 3 days they have found two locations for me, and I placed machines at both locations today.  Both were VERY good locations (one a bar, another a pizza restaurant that only had 1 crane machine, and it's a "pay by the slice" type of pizza place, so will have tons of kid foot traffic).

I must say, LRU has done a great job for me.  I'm very happy and once I get more machines (only got a few left) I'm going to order through them again.

Ordered 1 location through the Vendiscuss store and received my location in 3 days. Dropped off machine with no problem at a chinese restaurant. Im the only one in there. Only 1 location so I cant offer up a big review but I will be using them again

So I got a jammed machine call today from one of the locations that lighthouse got for me (pizza place) so I went over there right away to fix it (simple fix took less then a minute).  Since I was there I pulled the money out, and to my surprise there was $14.50 in there :D  I placed the machine 6 days ago!  That's going to be a VERY good location for me I think ;)

Also they got me another location (rental/sale car place).  I'm the only machine in there, so we'll see how it does :D  But so far I've been very happy with lighthouse. 

So I got a jammed machine call today from one of the locations that lighthouse got for me (pizza place) so I went over there right away to fix it (simple fix took less then a minute).  Since I was there I pulled the money out, and to my surprise there was $14.50 in there :D  I placed the machine 6 days ago!  That's going to be a VERY good location for me I think ;)

Also they got me another location (rental/sale car place).  I'm the only machine in there, so we'll see how it does :D  But so far I've been very happy with lighthouse. 

I accidentally posted a lighthouse review in the LRU thread.  Could a mod please move it?

• 4 weeks later...

i can't seem to find the "locations" tab anymore for the escrow thing.

i don't know where the store went.

also is lighthouse and LRU still accepting orders.

gosh im gone for 2 months and look what happens lol.

i can't seem to find the "locations" tab anymore for the escrow thing.

i don't know where the store went.

also is lighthouse and LRU still accepting orders.

gosh im gone for 2 months and look what happens lol.

lighthouse has stopped doing business and LRU, who knows, nobody has gotten a response from them so we refunded all the pending orders and, for now at least, we do not have a active locator participating in the escrow service so the escrow option is unavailable right now.

• 2 weeks later...

lighthouse has stopped doing business and LRU, who knows, nobody has gotten a response from them so we refunded all the pending orders and, for now at least, we do not have a active locator participating in the escrow service so the escrow option is unavailable right now.

I haven't been refunded for my LRU order.  I sent a message in the "client area."

Archived