water..

TKK

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It can be done. You need to adjust one column to a single vend so you move the spacer to the far back and sometimes you have to take out the spacer altogether. Then adjust the column motor. Look at a online manual for the machine, it should show you. Remember it is a single price machine so the water will be priced the same as the cans.

As Poplady said, you will have to sell it for the same price as cans in a single price machine.

First of all, be sure you are using a stiff bottle such as the ribbed Arrowhead 16oz bottle which has horizontal ribs top to bottom to stiffen the bottle. Water bottles get softer as they get colder so the bottle has to be able to stay stiff when cold. You might be able to find Aquafina or Dasani in 16oz, but be sure they are hard when warm, if soft when warm they will get softer when cold and jam the column. Coke and Pepsi inject nitrogen in the water bottles they intend for vending so the bottles stay stiff when cold but those bottles can be hard to find and they're more expensive.

The setup for a 2 deep DN narrow col. which will be one bottle deep is to adjust the motor cam to only one notch showing on the edge of the cam so the machine will drop one bottle and then reload. You can leave the white plastic can shim in the col as the bottle is no wider than a can. Adjust the rear spacer so that with the bottles pushed back against the spacer you can fit your fingers down between the bottles and the sold out paddle.

On a 3 deep DN, you can vend bottles 2 deep. Set the motor cam to 2 notches showing on the edge and leave the can shim in the col. so it will prevent the rear bottle from dropping as the front bottle vends. Adjust the rear spacer the same as you do for the 2 deep column. Of course, test vend thoroughly to be sure it works properly.

Let me know if you want to do this in a wide column as it's a little different setup. Remember too, that plastic will occasionally jam no matter what you do.

As ur the man! I've been awesome man. What about the small ones I think 12 oz would they vend on the same can settings?

At .75 a vend that's ok water bottles r only like 10-15 c. A piece actually the smaller ones are more expensive

As ur the man! I've been awesome man. What about the small ones I think 12 oz would they vend on the same can settings?

At .75 a vend that's ok water bottles r only like 10-15 c. A piece actually the smaller ones are more expensive

wow do i really misspell on my cell. thanx AZ. so what about the small bottles, they seem way harder, and about the size of a can? could those just replace cans? as far as the setting for regular waters, you said to change the tiny notch (its in the plastic round part on the outside of the motor right) in a 3 deep youll see 3 holes, and a 2 deep 2 holes? so youd put it on the first hole right? as the 2nd hole will be set for cans, (front, then rear, then turn)?. and leave everything else the same except obviously the rear spacer so it presses down on the sold out...did i get this right? which waters do you vend?

I think you'll be disappointed with 12 oz bottles. As you said, they cost more, they won't seem to be a good value to the customer, and they are less stable in the column because they can rock back and forth. They were'nt designed for vending. You'll be much much happier with Arrowhead ribbed bottles but they won't cost .10-.15, those prices are probably for store-brand bottles that you shouldn't use. When you say holes in the motor cams, yes you need to look at the number of notches in the outer edge that the switch arms can fall into. Each notch is the end of a vend- it's stopping point. A red cam motor is only on a 2 deep machine and the grey cam is on both 2 deep and 3 deep machines. You will loosen the screw in the cam face and turn the outer piece to where the proper number of notches shows then retighten the screw. The idea on how to set your rear spacer is for any product you use. With the product pushed back against the spacer, you want a finger's width of space between the product and the sold out paddle so the product isn't too tight and it will still be close enough to the sold out paddle that the column won't show that it's sold out. Make sure that the rear spacer is in the same position top and bottom. Also be aware that moving a rear spacer forward in a col that's between 2 can cols will expose the metal tabs that lock the spacer in place into the can cols where those tabs might contact and cut the cans. You might have to cover the exposed tabs with a few layers of duct tape to protect the cans from being cut.

AE2A2DE7-orig.jpg

would it be in this vendo, u have to just push back that tab, and put the little pin through the 1st instead of the 3rd? i mean in general i know this is a 3 seep so i would do 2 bottles, which would be the middle hole but the 2 deep machines just have 2 holes..? how much do you pay for your water bottles??

where do they sell arrowhead? i use disani but they have been moving to a softer bottle recently. you can

still find the old formula bottles but they ae becoming harder to find

Sam's Club has the "vendable" 20 oz Arrowhead bottles with the ribs. I still don't like to stack them too high though - I hate getting those calls to come clear the water bottle jams. If it's the cokes or monsters, I don't mind - at least they sell

Sam's Club has the "vendable" 20 oz Arrowhead bottles with the ribs. I still don't like to stack them too high though - I hate getting those calls to come clear the water bottle jams. If it's the cokes or monsters, I don't mind - at least they sell

oh, i was looking for 16.9oz most my drink vendors are single price. i guess ill stick w/ disani, i know what u mean ive sworn off

water a few times due to the headaches of jams how ever the profit margin is too much to over look

I've been using the "vendable" 20oz Deer Park. So far so good. But I've been carefull not to stack too high. I'd prefer to sell Aquafina but those bottles are just too thin. I think most all of the 16.9oz have switched to the eco-bottles. Atleast all of the ones available at local Sam's & BJ's clubs.

do the water sales look good though? does it sell as well as say coke or others? ive been getting requests,

dogcow is this the same method u use for your single price machines? and at .75?

The Deerpark water is the same as Arrowhead, Zephyrhills, Ozarka, Poland Spring and some others. I forgot that these brands are sold under different names in different areas. They are all owned by Nestle Waters, but don't use any Nestle branded water as the bottles are too soft.

TKK, The Vendo motor you show in your picture is settable as you asked, lift the outer adjustment cam and move it to leave notches equal to the product depth of the column.

do the water sales look good though? does it sell as well as say coke or others? ive been getting requests,

dogcow is this the same method u use for your single price machines? and at .75?

Water is ok. It doesn't sell half as much as soda does for me. On the flip side it doesn't bust, doesn't go flat or stale, 0 calories for those who care and profit is high.

yes.

the sales are better than some slower drinks like sprite, but the main thing is the profit margin is so high, its nice for commission spots

I wouldn't think you'd have much luck with the Sam's brand water. Pay a little more and get name brand. I know it's all the same, but the perceived value is more which will in turn help you sell more. JMO

Probably a lot of truth here. I haven't sold 16.9 oz bottles yet. It would probably be hard to find a nice looking label for members mark water too.

oh, i was looking for 16.9oz most my drink vendors are single price. i guess ill stick w/ disani, i know what u mean ive sworn off

water a few times due to the headaches of jams how ever the profit margin is too much to over look

I use the 16 oz zhills water that is in the thick bottles.I can completely fill a double column and not have a problem.

Vistar sells it.

John

Archived