water..

TKK

A number of posts have stated that you shouldn't stack the bottles too high in order to avoid jams....  How many rows high is considered to be too many (??) - assuming you're using 20oz vendable Nestle Waters (Ice Mountain)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A number of posts have stated that you shouldn't stack the bottles too high in order to avoid jams.... How many rows high is considered to be too many (??) - assuming you're using 20oz vendable Nestle Waters (Ice Mountain)

oI

When I've used Ozarka I don't go higher than 2/3 of a case, 16 bottles.

You can stack the proper bottles up as high as you want.  You just have to use Nestle Waters bottles such as your Ice Mountain or any other regional brands from Nestle (don't use it if it is branded Nestle, though) that have ribs around the bottle, top to bottom, to stiffen the bottle.  Or you can use Aquafina or Dasani if they are charged with nitrogen to keep them firm when cold.  The nitrogen bottles are hard at room temperature.  If the bottle is soft when warm, it will be softer when cold.

I personally have never seen a 16.9 oz bottle that was vend able in a stack machine.

I have seen lots of jams and burn out motors.

Stick to the 12 or 20.

Walta

I'm assuming you just adjust it to vend one item per vend which is the.small.blue tips on a vendo and bring the long column thing for depth closer? All I have here is dasani aquafina nestle members Mark and the ones I sell in multiprice is 20oz Ozarka vendable but they are. 20c

In most older single price machines you will need a bottle that is the same diameter as 12 oz cans are.  This ensures they will vend properly.  If you have a DN501T with wide rotors in the narrow columns, you can vend larger bottles from them.  But in most single price machines that are 2 deep you will want a 16-16.9 oz bottle.  If you use Aquafina or Dasani you need to find bottles that are hard when on the shelf.  These bottles will be injected with nitrogen to keep them hard when cold.  If you buy anything other than Aquafina or Dasani, you will be better off with the Ozarka you mentioned, but find it in the 16 oz size that has horizontal ribs around the bottle to stiffen the bottle.  Those bottles will also not crush when cold.  Price doesn't matter if you need a bottle that won't crush when cold and jam the machine.  In a single price machine, a jammed column often disables the whole machine.

I have never seen a vend able water bottle that cost less than 25. a unit.

If you squeeze an unopened bottle and it has any give at all it will not vend it needs to be as firm as a can.

This maybe the only 16.9 that is vend able.

http://www.vendingtimes.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=EB79A487112B48A296B38C81345C8C7F&nm=Vending+Features&type=Publishing&mod=Publications::Article&mid=8F3A7027421841978F18BE895F87F791&tier=4&id=50F9944FD97243578E3FD1C6415D482E

Walta

No, not all Aquafina and Dasani have the nitrogen filled bottles.  That's why you must check them every time you buy product, because not every shipment will have nitrogen and a shipment could even be mixed with nitrogen and without.  You would have to try the 20 Ozarka and 16 oz, for that matter, to determine if either will work.  It's pretty much trial and error if you can't get the correct products.  Don't you have a vending product distributor in El Paso?

Then if you can't find Aquafina or Dasani firmed up with nitrogen, you should get a case of each size of Ozarka and try them to see if either will work.  I assume you have, but you might find a grocery store that carries one of these proper water bottles for you to use.

I have never had any luck with the 16.9(1/2L) bottles. You should only use the 16 oz. bottles from Nestle Waters(Ozark, Deer Park, Zephyr Hill, Poland) that are marked as "Vendable". These bottles are designed for vending. They have ribs built in around the bottle to keep the bottles firm. They are also straight sided bottles, not the contour shape bottles. Use these and you will have no problems.

Can I use these "vendable" water bottles in my old D.N. DCB 170/100-5 single price Pepsi machine with double column? I was told that the model designation DCB stands for Dixie Can & Bottle, 170 cans or 100 bottles, 5 selections. If the water bottles can work, do I have to make any changes to the machine?  It has the motors with red/white cams.

Also, does anyone have a part number for a coin box for this machine?

Thanks

You can use any of the regional brands from Nestle that you have in your area.  Follow this link http://www.sellbottledwater.com/Vending/VendingMachineSettings from mojorhino's last post above to a listing of brands that will work.  In a wide column you would adjust the front cam to only show 2 notches on the outside edge of the main cam so that you can vend 1 deep from that column.  The only other adjustment would be the rear spacer.  Bring it forward to the bottles, push the bottles against it and make sure you have 1 fingers worth of space between the bottle and the sold out paddle.  You can also vend from a narrow column after adjusting the motor cam to one notch in the edge and adjusting the rear spacer. 

I probably have a coin box for this machine.  I think you really have a DN180.  If you could post a photo of the area where the coin box should be I will know which one fits it. 

Archived